• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Alola Form Rattata revealed for Sun and Moon

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I love it. I think the typing is pretty good as well. I think the connection with Yungoos was really cool.

Can we talk about the Ghost-type Z-move though!

zeno101200

The Wanderer
    Years
    Alolan Raichu's Z-Move made my day. Snorlax's only made it even better. Also Alolan Rattata looks pretty cool, but I would have liked to see one for Raticate as well.

The special Z moves makes me wonder...what if these special Z's have to do with the rumor about synchro evolution? Like, perhaps if you don't use it for a certain number of turns it'll do something special.

Maybe? I was thinking that perhaps Ash-Greninja might show up in the games, but as (Playername)-Greninja instead. Well, it would be cool to see anyway. Maybe it could be this generation's answer to Mega Evolutions, besides Alolan forms.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I love it. I think the typing is pretty good as well. I think the connection with Yungoos was really cool.

Can we talk about the Ghost-type Z-move though!

So many hands...

The Snorlax thing made me laugh too. I do wonder...is that yellow glow actually snorlax's eyes, it'll add another dimension to that 20 year thing xD.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Rattata truly looks top percentage in Alolan form, and lol at how Snorlax wakes up at the beginning of its Z-Move.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Bit of an underwhelming reveal. Aloha Rattata looks pretty good though even if I am unlikely to use it outside of the 'early game normal to pad my team until something better comes along.'

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    It's kind of terrifying though ... The way its eyes shine and it suddenly wakes up and then BAM... KO's u >.<

Spoiler:

Someone really needs to post after me in the funny sun and moon images thread.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I can't believe Snorlax slept for twenty years to smash my Pokémon like a pancake.... @_@

ALSO OH MY GOD @ ALOLAN RATTATA.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    I think the new Rattata looks really cool standing on two legs and its type makes it the perfect Ghost counter. But that mustache tho.

Also, I think I will never look the same at Snorlax anymore now.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I'm kinda confused. Why do some mons have Z moves be ause I thought we were just getting the basic ones for every type? What are z moves anyway? Just super strong regular moves but like... HOW strong. I would rather they give us more info then show all this stuff :x

Also, a bit disappointed. I knew Rattata was coming because of the chinese leaks but jesus, this Kanto fanservice is almost too much. It's my least favorite generation and I see no reason to so heavily favor this one region over the others. I mean, Snorlax and Raichu sure, but if theyre just doing this to bring in old fans it's not like they can tell the difference between Kanto and other mons anyway....

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    I think I might actually use Rattata and Snorlax, now. Both of todays reveals looked great.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Also, a bit disappointed. I knew Rattata was coming because of the chinese leaks but jesus, this Kanto fanservice is almost too much. It's my least favorite generation and I see no reason to so heavily favor this one region over the others. I mean, Snorlax and Raichu sure, but if theyre just doing this to bring in old fans it's not like they can tell the difference between Kanto and other mons anyway....

Because old fans don't care about new Pokemon and only want to use Kanto Pokemon? Have you not seen that one video I've posted several times already explaining why they feel this way?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Because old fans don't care about new Pokemon and only want to use Kanto Pokemon? Have you not seen that one video I've posted several times already explaining why they feel this way?

How do we know that they only want to use Kanto Pokemon? My friends who used to play the games can't recognize Mew and Magmar and won't be able to point out that Togepi is a Johto Pokemon considering that Misty had it in the anime? Who says they will only want to use Kanto mons considerig one of my friends loved the idea of Megas and Kalos so why wouldn't other people?

I feel like this opinion is just assuming a lot. So basically Kanto is the only relevant region because instead of encouraging people to check out new Pokemon that they might love they should just use the same ones over and over again?

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
    Ok I'm seriously upset at nintendo. The directs used to be really interesting and detailed, but now I feel like they are filled out with just garbage. I came for pokemon and other NEW BIG REAL games. Street pass games? random indie tank game? Heck your "big" thing was a 2d pikman game. What the heck you downgrade a game serious and call it an improvement!?

They should just do 2-3 games for the entire half an hour with detail and everything. Not just here's dark rattata and then move on.

I'm more hyped for the news that you can have 100 people at your Streetpass gate than any of the genwunner pandering garbage revealed in the direct. Streetpass was such a pain in the ass to use in conventions and now they will be way more fun.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Well, just from hearing about the news, I'm kinda disappointed, but y'know, at least no synchro forms or anything like that, right? xD

Rattata doesn't look that bad in its Alola form, anyway.

Same here tbh. I don't give a crap anymore about kanto-alolan forms I don't even like any kanto pokemon that much.
    I'm just not feeling into it unless we get megas, or other gen alolan forms soon.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    why would you give one of the most boring pokémon ever an alolan form and waste time on that instead of making some for awesome NOT KANTO pokémon?? that was awful, that trailer was a total letdown imo. I don't care about Snorlax, and not only do I hate Rattata, I wouldn't want a Pokémon with a double weakness to a type as common as Fighting on my team anyways.

Ugh, what a nightmare. I was all hyped up too.

Back