• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Version Exclusive Pokémon, New Features Revealed in New Sun/Moon Trailer

blue

gucci
Years
  • Rugby Monkey confirmed then. Seriously though, I love how expansive the character customization is for Sun & Moon. It looks like we can do much more than in X/Y! The Japanese trailer shows an extended portion for both the character customization and the Pokemon Refresh for those interested.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I liked Passimian a lot more than Oranguru and makes me happy that I am going to buy Sun over Moon.

Instruct, however, could be interesting. How would that happen in Singles though? Receiver as well.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Not sure about these guys. I prefer Passimian I think....but I'm still getting Moon. (regular Pokemon aren't going to sway my version decision)

Customization looks awesome in this game.

Strange that Lycanrocs midnight form isn't part Dark though.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • ... I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one feeling why Oranguru is related to something really overused in the internet until today.

inb4 Harambae.

Also, did you notice we could choose not to wear hats at all???

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Pretty great abilities for the new primates. There will certainly be a lot of monkey business in competitive play now!

Eeve's Z move is awesome as well. And I like the customization options. Surprised the lycarock is version exclusive though.

Years
  • I like Oranguru more than I do Passimian, but I like both of them quite a bit. We didn't get any primates last gen (every other gen we have).

However, I plan to use Lycanroc midday form so I will be getting sun. Now, I just hope that they get around to telling us about the starter evolutions and whether or not they have split forms that are version exclusive.

Also, the trainer customization looks amazing. The hairstyles especially look better (alongside more color and no hat options).

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    ... I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one feeling why Oranguru is related to something really overused in the internet until today.

I'm honestly hoping all the memes don't make me hate these guys.

Actually this official image on the Pokemon website is making me like Oranguru more:

Spoiler:

He's just so blank faced while he's getting his hair done.

Also it's description of how it uses items only humans normally use is pretty cool.

Now that I think about it, it's pretty cool how these primates are pretty different from any we've gotten before. Usually we just get a design based off a generic monkey.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • We've got our Rugby monkey, or lemur to get more technical, now all that's left is our dolphin and snowman Pokémon. and holy smokes, that Eevee Z-Move.

... I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one feeling why Oranguru is related to something really overused in the internet until today.

Lankyposting? I thought of King Louie when I first saw it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Alright so we finally have the official reveal of customization =)

I am confused about Lycanrock though. I thought that Rockruff's evolution was dependent on the time of day it undergoes evolution, but here they make it seem like Rockruff will always evolve into Midday form in Sun regardless of the time, and into Midnight form in Moon regardless of the time. Which is it?

I'm fine with either form really, i just want to understand how it works.

Instruct, however, could be interesting. How would that happen in Singles though? Receiver as well.
    It could very well be that these abilities were designed for Doubles only and are useless in Singles, much Florges's abilities.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • Wew Oranguru your mentor to success. Now, I want a fan fiction where all the Oranguru rebel against humans, unite all Pokemon by guiding them and teach them to attack, and it shall be named as "Rise of The Planet of The Oranguru"!

Again, interesting Passimian ability that is competitively helpful (not bad at doubles) and Oranguru OP moves that is also useful in doubles. I like them all, the name "Lycanroc" is abit disappointing but at least we can nickname them XD

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Ok Daily article is finally all finished!

I love Oranguru, it's got such a chill design. Love the colours, and definitely prefer it over Passimian. I am a bit sad that Lycanroc is a version exclusive Pokémon though because I much prefer Midday form. I'm surprised that they both stay as pure Rock-types though - I expected Midnight to gain Dark at the very least, but then not sure what Midday could have gained (Fighting?).

Trainer customisation looks really cool as well and a lot more thorough which I'm quite excited about.

I also like the fact that this reveal was more on the Pokémon and not plot-focused. It's a good break from the previous UB-centric reveals.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • inb4 Harambae.

Also, did you notice we could choose not to wear hats at all???
    This guy gets it. I will still miss those hats though.

Eevee's gonna be viable with Adaptability just like Pikachu, and the amount of Unaware Quagsire will also increase in the process.
    Instruct makes a really great use in Doubles and probably Triples, pair it with Trick Room (if Oranguru is considered slow) along a slow, however boosted Pokémon capable of sweeping with an attack affecting everyone, twice or just go for a move that will definitely do heavy damage toward the opponent twice into two Pokémon assuming the first one fainted from the first hit.

Sirfetch’d

Glad I am getting both versions because I can't choose between the two new mons LOL

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm fine with either form really, i just want to understand how it works.

On the main website it says that they evolve based on Solgaleo or Lunalas influence.

So no real reason then, just because.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Actually this official image on the Pokemon website is making me like Oranguru more:

Spoiler:

He's just so blank faced while he's getting his hair done.

Yeah I agree! That and during the trailer when it was being groomed in Pokémon Refresh, it just looked so out of it and stone-faced hahaha, really adds a lot of character imo. Most primate-based Pokémon have been more on the active side so it's good to get something different with Oranguru.

Years
  • ah if Lycanroc's midday form is exclusive to sun I might have to change what version I'm getting, especially since I also prefer the sun version monkey which surprised me because when the leaks mentioned a rugby monkey I thought I'd hate it but it's actually pretty cool. though I still love lunala so idk....the customization looks good as well.

Back