• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon Starter final evolutions revealed + Island Guardians

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Their TCG cards and art were accidentally revealed early! There's no typings and only their Japanese names, but we know what they look like now!

Check them out here!

Introducing Decidueye, Incineroar, and Primarina, as well as the Island Guardians and the mysterious Cosmog!

Screenshot-288-1038x576.png

Find out more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
As someone who watched the datamine, I already knew they were real. Nice that we finally get official names for them, even if it's only Japanese for now.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years
Again, all I can ask is why about Litten? I'm still going with my original idea of Rowlet and Popplio, but Litten makes me sad.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Even though I saw all of them on the datamining stuffs before, even when seeing them in official this time, all of the starter's final evolutions are looking good, especially Ashireene (Popplio's final evo)! Now what matters is when will we know about the English names, and how they will fare in the battle.

MKC

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 2, 2023
Wohoo My baby has a name finally! Also now he is officially confirmed so that's great too! Can't wait to see more about him!
I hope we get english names soon, since the TCG had a tweet ready about them maybe we will get an announcement soon.

Not the biggest fan of the artwork of the Gaogaen card sadly, they made his torso look flat like a box, funny thing is they got it looking right on the picture right below it. but eh, he'll get more cards!

blue

gucci
Years
Finally, now people can stop doubting the legitimacy these evolutions. Hoping this upcoming trailer will show us some in-game models of the final starter evolutions and then it will be officially confirmed.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Interesting that these were pulled from Twitter so quickly. I wonder if this is the news that will be revealed in half an hour in the next trailer :D

tbh I definitely prefer Litten3's 3D model over this TCG art (the other two I'm neutral on) but most keen to see all of their official art, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Years
Finally, now people can stop doubting the legitimacy these evolutions. Hoping this upcoming trailer will show us some in-game models of the final starter evolutions and then it will be officially confirmed.

I'm kinda doubting starter final evolutions being officially revealed before game release (it's been that way for every generation), but there could still be the possibility the trailer could forgo that if this TCG stuff is an indication.

Years
Decidueye becoming Grass/Ghost was not what I expected, but I did get Incineroar and Primarina's typings right. Not only is this the first set of starter final stages to be revealed before game release, but it's also the first time we have both Ghost-type and Fairy-type on a starter.

Primarina's 3D model just looks so beautiful, and makes me want to have it now!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Pokémon Sun and Moon Starters & Island Guardians revealed with typings

Introducing Decidueye, Incineroar, and Primarina, as well as the Island Guardians and the mysterious Cosmog!

Screenshot-288-1038x576.png

Find out more!

Written by bobandbill

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
I am pretty 100% sure that Cosmog is not a pre-evolution or whatever. I think it is just a stand alone pokémon, and a cute one at that. My favourite Tapu is Tapu Koko and I am still going with Rowlet because I love.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
All three starters are awesome. They've grown on me a lot. I'll still go with Litten and get it an everstone. Popplio is gonna have to be female, but love the typing. Decideuye's typing caught me by surprise too and some of us have chosen to see the shiny sprites already. The combo of shiny with its typing is gonna make him a must have. I'm super stoked for both playthroughs.

MKC

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 2, 2023
INCINEROAR IS THE MOST PRECIOUS THING I'VE EVER SEEN, HE IS SO CUTE ON REFRESH AND LOOKS SO BADDASS IN BATTLE I CAN'T TAKE IT.
And I love his cry, and his signature move, and he is confirmed dark type and I love it!

Decidueye's typing was completely unexpected too, nice to see all the starters got great typings.

Years
I was right about Psychic/Fairy on Tapu Lele, but the other two (Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini) being Grass/Fairy and Water/Fairy were not what I expected. That's what happens when you use Oricorio Forms to make a rough guess.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Boy, I was really mindblown when checking the trailer out! Decidueye's typing caught me off guard, but at least Incineroar have Fire/Dark, and boy, Primarina, being Water/Fairy and looking gorgeous and all :)

And at least we see the other Tapu guardians, and boy, that Z-Move looks fitting for these guardians! And we got to see the other Island's name besides of Melemele Island as well!

And I was caught off guard once again when Alola have Pokémon League, since I thought it's gone after having Trials and all. Not to mention fighting and teaming up with many Champions and well-known characters like Cynthia, Wally, Red and Blue... I have a feeling Sun and Moon might be one definitive Pokémon games in 3DS!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Nah said:
What kinda kills Litten's one for me isn't so much the general design of it, but rather that it's virtually impossible for it to be anything but Fire/Fighting

Nah said:
Spoiler:

.....ok now someone save this post so when November comes and I'm inevitably wrong you can be like "HA NAH YOU WERE WRONG, YOU WERE WROOOOOOOONG lololololol"

ok i am ready you can make fun now =<

Back