• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch part 3 of the Pokémon Sun and Moon 'Train On' trailer

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • 2 New Z-Moves Unveiled!

Watch Sho's adventures continue in Hawaii as he strengthens the bonds of friendship through Pokémon! And witness how he beats up teenagers. (In Pokémon). We also break down all the tiny details to be glimpsed.

Watch the video here!

---------------------------------------------

Apparently, on the latest Pokémon Sun and Moon live-action trailer, it's revealed that we have two new Z-Moves! One is called Breakneck Blitz, and the other one is a Rock-type Z-Move, even though I'm not sure if the latter is exclusive to Minior or not.

Any thoughts about these moves?

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Double posting to say I merged threads after it was pointed out this existed first, and also that I've just updated the article with more info. Noted some PP of moves, and also part of the Pokemon in the Alolan dex shown in <1 second! Also dex numbers. This isn't news if you read the datamine thread, but if you didn't want to read those spoilers/don't support it... here's info from an official source.

Worth watching regardless! It's cute.

Starry Windy

Years
  • I can't contain much excitement that I posted this quite too early... but yeah, I'm glad how it turns out for Shohei and his pals! And when I see how Exeggutor doing the Breakneck Blitz, first I thought it might be Alolan Exeggutor's special move at some point (because of its long necks and all), until I realized that the text give away the fact that it's just like any usual Z-Moves rather than Pokémon exclusive's.

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
  • This is what I wanted in the Anime. haha but seriously this was a good trailer run! :O

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Another cool trailer showcasing some new tidsbits that were interesting to pick up! The thing that most surprised me from that trailer is the level that Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt. I guess that means Vikavolt has some pretty high stats if it reaches the final stage at Level 40?

Years
  • Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt at a late level? That is definitely not what I expect out of the early-game Bug-type, because when there's a Bug-type line with a cocoon-like stage it's usually not meant to stay in that middle stage for long.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt at a late level? That is definitely not what I expect out of the early-game Bug-type, because when there's a Bug-type line with a cocoon-like stage it's usually not meant to stay in that middle stage for long.

Guess I'm gonna be stuck with a box Pokemon for more than half of my walkthrough hehe

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I've been seeing a lot of people on Twitter taking the ending as a hint to revisiting Kanto in the post-game. Seriously? When does it end? I don't mean to sound gripey, but aren't Alolan Formes for some of the Kanto 'mons and being able to battle Red and Blue enough for some people?

Starry Windy

Years
  • Oh, really? I thought it simply meant to end the story of how Shohei was a transfer student in Hawaii as he returns to Japan, and nothing more.

Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt at a late level? That is definitely not what I expect out of the early-game Bug-type, because when there's a Bug-type line with a cocoon-like stage it's usually not meant to stay in that middle stage for long.

I think, this is not the first time we see Bug-type Pokémon which evolves late but becoming stronger at the end, since I think Larvesta needs to raise more levels than Grubbin when it wanted to evolve into Volcarona. But yeah, Grubbin being fully evolved late in-game is kinda unexpected for the early mons as well, it might be the Bug-type version of Staravia/Staraptor, perhaps?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think, this is not the first time we see Bug-type Pokémon which evolves late but becoming stronger at the end, since I think Larvesta needs to raise more levels than Grubbin when it wanted to evolve into Volcarona. But yeah, kinda unexpected for the early mons as well, it might be the Bug-type version of Staravia/Staraptor, perhaps?

I wouldn't consider Larvesta an early Bug-type.

Also, the Z-Move Breakneck Blitz appears to just be the English name for the Normal-type Z-Move that was first shown during Gamescom footage in Germany. You can tell it's just a general type-based Z-Move because of the text, since most Pokemon-exclusive Z-Moves either have special text or doesn't appear in the middle.

And Kanto postgame hint? I don't know how I'll feel about that because that'll mean this game has been doing nothing but bring Genwunners and GO fans back into the main series.

Starry Windy

Years
  • Boy, I think I need to clarify that it was Grubbin that I was referring to if it comes to early Bug-type Pokémon who's evolving late, and not Volcarona. I should have reworded it earlier. *faceplamed at self*

And I'm not sure if they would bring Kanto back atm, since I think Sun and Moon are filled with much game content already, like possible return of Pokémon League in some sense (if it's available later), and The Battle Tree as well. But if Kanto really returns, it's another new surprise for me.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Man imagine it pokemon were actually like that! Imagine having friends who play pokemon! Hardly anyone round here plays.

Anyways, I really like the video, and envy the kids who got to play :p

Surprised that vikavolt evolves so late, with most three stage bugs evolving at 10.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Well it was fun until it lasted upon the game's release reaching the scheduled date.

And Kanto postgame hint? I don't know how I'll feel about that because that'll mean this game has been doing nothing but bring Genwunners and GO fans back into the main series.

I'll just quote one of my friends from Disquis about this issue:

I swear, lately I've been seeing so many people complain about genwunners or gen 1 pandering, but I hardly ever hear anything from actual genwunners. I know they're out there, they just don't seem to be nearly as loud as the hardcore fanbase.
    It's become an "us vs them" mentality in the Pokemon fanbase. Can't be happy about old Pokemon getting some new variations because they happen to be from Gen 1 and "fuck genwunners, am I right?"
    Grow up.

I have to agree that these fans are becoming more vocal than Genwunners, contrary to popular belief.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • The trailer was pretty cool, played on the same sort of beats Pokémon trailers usually do.

The Kanto speculation seems to be fuelled by TyranitarTube because he posted a trailer analysis under some clickbaity title about returning to Kanto. I would love to return to Kanto, but I think people are grasping at straws with this one.

Years
  • At this point I think Game Freak themselves are becoming the Genwunners.

This is absolutely true. While marketing Kanto can be a way to bring retired Pokefans back, the problem is it will also cause fans of other generations to hate Kanto for being oversaturated, along with pretty much everything relating to 1st Gen in general.

I blame 20th anniversary for all this Kanto marketing, as shown with the Alola Forms, the S/M protagonist originally being from Kanto, the reappearance of Red and Blue (two of Pokemon's most popular characters of all time) and all the species-exclusive Z-Moves so far, excluding the Tapus' Guardian of Alola Z-Move.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • At this point I think Game Freak themselves are becoming the Genwunners.

You're only proving my friend's point about non-Genwunners creating this "us vs. them" mentality when Genwunners aren't doing any particular harm towards the franchise. I've seen this happen with the Smash community during the Smash Ballot hype train.

Years
  • lol I am so past the whole "pandering to Gen I" stuff. As long as SM has cool features, cool NPCs, a cool story, and a cool post-game, I'm satisfied.

I do agree - hopefully the story, features and other content can offset the Kanto marketing.

Back