• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon available for preload

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I dont understand whats the big difference? It goes up on E-shop on the release date anyway.. Could any1 explain that to me ? :)

Years
  • :/ digital buyers will be able to play the game just after the release and people like me who are getting their physical copy after 1-2 weeks will just sit ..... :( :( :(

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I dont understand whats the big difference? It goes up on E-shop on the release date anyway.. Could any1 explain that to me ? :)

It takes a while to download 3 GB of data, so I assume preloading it now will allow you to play it at midnight exactly instead of wasting time downloading the game then.

:/ digital buyers will be able to play the game just after the release and people like me who are getting their physical copy after 1-2 weeks will just sit ..... :( :( :(
    ? I don't understand what you're saying. You can buy the physical copy the day of, you know?

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • I've added in a note to explain what pre-loading is, as the definition seems to have been misinterpreted. Sorry about that.

Years
  • It takes a while to download 3 GB of data, so I assume preloading it now will allow you to play it at midnight exactly instead of wasting time downloading the game then.

? I don't understand what you're saying. You can buy the physical copy the day of, you know?

Sorry for not clarifying it what I mean is that in my city flipkart will Deliver it after 2 weeks so I will have to wait .
    :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    It takes a while to download 3 GB of data, so I assume preloading it now will allow you to play it at midnight exactly instead of wasting time downloading the game then.

Thanks <3
    I've added in a note to explain what pre-loading is, as the definition seems to have been misinterpreted. Sorry about that.
    You dont need to be sorry, I just wanted to make sure. You were clear enough:)
    Btw, the games get released at midnight exactly? :o

Btw, is it possible that buying the games from E-shop is more expenssive than buying it in stores? Its priced as 60$ on E-shop..

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Btw, the games get released at midnight exactly? :o

Btw, is it possible that buying the games from E-shop is more expenssive than buying it in stores? Its priced as 60$ on E-shop..

Im my experience (doing this with FE Ftes), it is usually closer to 12:01 rather than midnight on the nose, but the point still stands.

Ummm no... You are looking at the wrong eshop lol

I just confirmed it is $40 everywhere, with the exception of Amazon (where it is slightly cheeper) and Toys R Us (where it was 20% off, at least last week)

Also, you should be thanking bobandbill for the article, I just added the definition.

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
  • Wait. Does this mean hackers can get to the game when the game's been downloaded or not, even before release? :O

DarkDon43

Delta Shock Creator
    Years
  • Damn! I had no clue... I was gonna wake up early to get them ... Now this would be cool but I don't know if I should get them digital or the cart....

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think downloading stuffs as big as 3 GB might take quite a while, so I think it's a good decision for them to give the chance for us to pre-load the game if we wanted to, so that we don't need to download the big stuffs from day one when it's released.

Even though I'm already on the cart route, but I think being able to pre-purchase and pre-load the game is nice for anyone who leans to Digital purchase.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    Wait. Does this mean hackers can get to the game when the game's been downloaded or not, even before release? :O

That's impossible. The contents of the pre-loaded data are encrypted, and the decryption key will not be made available on the eShop until the game actually releases.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Ah this is really cool, do they do this for all releases on the e-shop out of interest? It would realtalk take like a day to download a 3GB game on my internet so this would be cool if I was considering getting a digital copy.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Getting Moon Digitally myself, this preload opportunity is indeed a blessing and a wise move on Nintendo's part. This allows them to better balance and mitigate the rush on release day.

Hopefully this preload period means that most people buying Digitally will opt for the preload and it wont cause downtime due to load on EShop's CDN.

I am certainly taking advantage of it, as my connection is metered (going over limit causes throttling to DSL speeds), and the file size is larger than my cap. So I am downloading it while throttling is on to avoid massive impact to my cap next billing period. I'll have the downloading done by release and will only need to download a few kilobytes worth of decryption key on release day instead of being forced to burn my entire cap on it.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Ah this is really cool, do they do this for all releases on the e-shop out of interest? It would realtalk take like a day to download a 3GB game on my internet so this would be cool if I was considering getting a digital copy.

Only the big ones. FE Fates did, SM will, I don't know of any others.

Back