• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Official Pokémon website celebrates 20 years with amazingly terrible webpage

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • This radical throwback made realize, are those 90's websites still around to this day with of their cheesiness?

Guest123_x1

The crazy design and autoplay music reminds me of the various Pokémon fan sites I used to visit back around 2002 when I first got Internet at home.

My oh my how web design has changed dramatically over the past 14+ years since I first started using the Internet regularly.

Additionally, the card images on the Cards page coming in with a reverse "dissolve" is a bit of a throwback to when dial-up connections were the norm for household Internet access. (I ought to know since I was on dial-up at home for a whopping 11 years.)

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    One of the best things I've seen Pokemon do. It's so clever, funny, and actually kind of cool.

They did it so well. I love it.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • That site is beautiful I'm not sure what you mean.

Actually though, that's really clever of them. Way to go ^__^

User19sq

I don't know why I love this so much. I think I need a download of that song... O_e

Years
  • That's actually kind of funny. I recall that Pizza Hut still has their original website up and about somewhere, and you can still order from it. What a blast from the past, huh?

Back