• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: The First Global Mission for Sun and Moon Has Begun!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh, this sounds kinda fun really!

Reactions: Z25

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I just joined in. Seems like an easy side job while I complete my Alolan journey. (And hey, free stuff. Can't say no to that. :D )

EC

Years
    • Age 32
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    This feels like those impossible Battlefield community missions they throw out every so often. High numbers there too.

10,000,000 captures? Let's get cracking.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • I wonder if we'll legitimately finish this goal... maybe it's me being pessimistic but all the Poke-Hackers might skew the numbers.

Still, I like the I Idea :D I have to fill up my box anyway XD

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm pretty excited for it, and I think it seems feasible imo. A lot of people are finishing the game about now, and the first thing that many people do immediately after beating the game is work on completing their Dex.

Side note, egg hatching doesn't count toward the goal.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Just registered for the mission, it's just the incentive I needed to catch more Pokemon for the 'dex.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I think it's very much possible that the 100,000,000 goal can be met by the 12th. Sun/Moon sold ~10 million copies in its first week, so if every single one of those copies participates, that means everyone would have to catch just 10 Pokemon. Only ten.

Now of course, not everyone of those copies will participate, and not everyone participating will catch 10 Pokemon, but at the same time more and more people will keep buying and playing the games, and some will catch more than 10 Pokemon.

At the moment we're at 1.79 million, which is while less than 2% and not terribly inspiring, not bad for not quite 3 days. I've only caught 2 myself during this time, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up completing the main story sometime before the 12th and then I'll probably end up going on a catching spree and get that number a lot higher.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I wasn't sure how to sign up for it on the first day since it didn't give me a notification but I got one yesterday so I'm signed up now. I think the fact that you're not signed up automatically means we can't rely on all 10 million+ copies being signed up for the event. Also consider that some people buy both versions and they'll probably only participate with one version.

I'll be reaching post-game stuff soon so it'll be a good excuse to catch more Pokemon. I've already caught a bunch of new Pokemon in quick balls since signing up.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ok maybe I underestimated things

There's 5-6 days left and we're at 7.7 million

idk how the fuck we're gonna get the other 82.3 million in that time

Years
  • I guess they overestimated what people would be willing or able to accomplish. Oh well. We get something for participating in any case so there's that.

Back