• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon passes 15 million sales worldwide

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The crazier thing to me is that the next best selling 3DS title has only sold 2.34 million copies in roughly the same time frame and is a Mario game to boot. Though maybe part of that has to do with the fact that Super Mario Maker had also come out the year before on the Wii U.

Still, Sun/Moon is selling really well. I wouldn't be surprised if these eventually become the second best selling Pokemon games ever. I wonder why it's selling so well though?

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
The crazier thing to me is that the next best selling 3DS title has only sold 2.34 million copies in roughly the same time frame and is a Mario game to boot. Though maybe part of that has to do with the fact that Super Mario Maker had also come out the year before on the Wii U.

Still, Sun/Moon is selling really well. I wouldn't be surprised if these eventually become the second best selling Pokemon games ever. I wonder why it's selling so well though?

Pokemon Go is probably one explanation. One of my friends who hasn't played the games since Gen 3 was considering a 3DS and Sun and Moon and asked me for my opinion on them.

I'll be impressed if SM exceeds 23m set by Gold and Silver.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
This really shows how Game Freak put the effort into making these games/marketing them.

And that they don't listening to vocal minority in internet forums such as /vp/, where they're still complaining about SM's quality the same way as they did with XY and ORAS.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
Well, this is a game that made me buy a new console so I'm not actually all that surprised.
Well done Gamefreak!

Years
Given the trailers were mainly released on common social media platforms like YouTube, this marketing strategy paid off spectacularly if these sales figures were to go by.

The question on if it will catch up to Gold & Silver's record is, who knows? Because Sun & Moon seems to have been luring in people who haven't been playing since the GB/GBC era of Pokemon.

blue

gucci
Years
A great milestone for them to hit, especially considering the fact that the games haven't even been out for 6 months yet. They're fast approaching XY sale figures and it wouldn't be a surprise if they surpassed them later down line.

Back