• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Revealed

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
I disagree that they're remakes EDIT: Meant to say sequel, dammit. The character shown looks exactly like the male player in Sun/Moon, but with a new hairstyle and clothes (I'm assuming they're new, I'm no expert). Seems to me like they're doing a more traditional 'third version', but are splitting it into two games rather than one. Judging by the new legendary forms, we might see some more new stuff than we're used to from traditional versions, though, which is nice. Fingers crossed for an expanded endgame and some new Pokemon (maybe pushing my luck there though).

A bit disappointed they're not on the Switch, would've been ideal to see them come out on both systems. A lot was pointing towards a Switch game for me, from the new battle UI to all the datamined stuff. Maybe we'll see a Switch announcement of US/UM soon (am I the first to use that acronym? Woo!), but I'm not holding my breath. Seems like a good opportunity to bring out a Switch Pokemon game, even if it is breaking the mold a little.

Anyway, I might pick up Ultra Sun even if it isn't on the Switch. I've got Moon already, so this seems like a good opportunity for me to get Solgaleo without having to evolve my Cosmog in someone else's game or whatever. Living dex should be easier that way. That said, I could honestly take or leave this, and I might just skip it. A Switch release would be an instant buy though.

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
They look to be Platnum-style remakes rather than Sequels, as evidenced by the "alternate story" line Masuda mentioned

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Can't say I'm too excited on returning to Alola all within a year. And being referred to as an "alternate story" makes me think more of the third version as opposed to sequels.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
Oh wow, I only saw the trailer (Arrived home just after the presentation, RIP). Sounds like some interesting things were said, so imma watch the direct now.

The trailer itself doesn't appear to show a new Lycanroc (looks very much like midday form to me), so I'm going to assume the article is referring to something mentioned in the broadcast. If you were talking about the trailer, I'm very sure that's a midday Lycanroc.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Oh wow, I only saw the trailer (Arrived home just after the presentation, RIP). Sounds like some interesting things were said, so imma watch the direct now.

The trailer itself doesn't appear to show a new Lycanroc (looks very much like midday form to me), so I'm going to assume the article is referring to something mentioned in the broadcast. If you were talking about the trailer, I'm very sure that's a midday Lycanroc.

It looked like a totem. So a rock-type trial?

Years
I disagree that they're remakes. The character shown looks exactly like the male player in Sun/Moon, but with a new hairstyle and clothes (I'm assuming they're new, I'm no expert). Seems to me like they're doing a more traditional 'third version', but are splitting it into two games rather than one. Judging by the new legendary forms, we might see some more new stuff than we're used to from traditional versions, though, which is nice. Fingers crossed for an expanded endgame and some new Pokemon (maybe pushing my luck there though).

tumblr_inline_or4qf1aa2q1ri9im2_540.png

I feel his hair looks a bit different (though I get what you mean with the sideswept part) and he looks slightly shorter than Sun (S/M male protagonist) but I am seeing a lot of Nate (B2/W2 male protagonist) vibes in his design, with the leggings underneath shorts thing.

Shame they didn't show the female protagonist yet, because if she does look different than Moon this could further fuel my "B2/W2-like sequel" theory. Maybe a future trailer will answer that.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
This is what I was waiting for :D :D I think they teased just enough information to give us things to play with - looking forward to another exciting pre-release period, they're always my favourite haha

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years

I feel his hair looks a bit different (though I get what you mean with the sideswept part) and he looks slightly shorter than Sun (S/M male protagonist) but I am seeing a lot of Nate (B2/W2 male protagonist) vibes in his design, with the leggings underneath shorts thing.

Shame they didn't show the female protagonist yet, because if she does look different than Moon this could further fuel my "B2/W2-like sequel" theory. Maybe a future trailer will answer that.

They did show the fem protag though...

blue

gucci
Years
Two games is much better than one. I'm definitely intrigued by these titles, even if we have far little information to go off just yet. Judging from that screenshot with the character and the starters, I wonders if this means we're able to customize right from the very beginning this time?

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I am soooooo excited for those! They hinted at new Pok?mon! The girl protag looks very cute <3
I'll probably buy both~

Years
tumblr_or4qur5Gkb1qg0t22o1_540.png

Anyways, I found the female protagonist. She looks so cute with those pigtails, but that sideswept hair that Moon (S/M female protagonist) had feels a bit out-of-place with it. Plus, I like female protagonists with pigtails, which was why I loved Lyra and Rosa. The pigtails being at the front also reminds me of Hilda's hair to an extent.

Hopefully she gets some very cute customization options!

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Not sure what to think about this announcement, to be honest.

The whole 3DS/Switch thing doesn't bother me because, hey, more money for Nintendo on the 3DS than the Switch so far.

But considering we only got logos today, there really isn't much to discuss.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
In other news, Mimikyu probably got a Z-Move.

Ok, that's my second and final post in this forum until November.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Not sure what to think about this announcement, to be honest.

The whole 3DS/Switch thing doesn't bother me because, hey, more money for Nintendo on the 3DS than the Switch so far.

But considering we only got logos today, there really isn't much to discuss.

We got a bit more than that :p

What I find interesting is the Togedemaru, Mimikyu and Lycanroc attacking. Does this mean they are totem pok?mon?

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years

What gets me about it is that both the male and female protagonists shown seem to have identical faces. The face is the one thing I would expect them to change to cement that it's new protagonists. That, and having a sequel is a big deal - I'd think that they'd want to mention that. B2/W2 made it very clear by having 2 at the end of the names, yet that isn't the case here. So overall, I still think calling it a sequel is a stretch.

Interestingly, though, all three starters are in that image. It's almost as if he's choosing his starter, at which point he wouldn't have tons of custom clothes. Not convinced he's shorter yet though. Not sure overall, but I feel like calling it a sequel right now is a stretch considering there is no '2' in the title. Speculation is fun though. :)

UPDATE: SWITCH VERSION?

"Edit @ 15:40: It is currently noted that The Pok?mon Company International's press site is listing Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon as being on the Nintendo Switch with a "To Be Announced" date. It's currently unclear if this means they will come out on Nintendo Switch in the end but we'll provide all details as and when they come. They have since deleted this note." - Serebii

Hype bois.

Years
Not sure overall, but I feel like calling it a sequel right now is a stretch considering there is no '2' in the title. Speculation is fun though. :)

Well, there was that concept art of a new design for Gladion floating around so it's possible.

Back