• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Revealed

Years
  • Looks like Europe gets a simultaneous release. Finally.

This I am happy about. It sucked for the last two games (OR/AS and S/M) that Europe had to wait a week after the other regions, which meant having to avoid the internet for spoilers. It's such a breather to finally have a simultaneous release once again, like X/Y.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Niiice. Looks like I won't have to buy Moon then. Just the Ultra sequel of it. Suits me.

Years
  • Really? It's not like it really impacted us folks down under, haha.

Being from Australia, we both had the same release date as Japan and the US. The people living on the continent of Europe were misfortunate, and I often read that they wanted to avoid the internet for a week in case if people from the other regions were posting spoilers from their own playthroughs.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've warned you guys not to trust the Stars rumor nor expect DP remakes, but needless to say, no one listened to me. Now that US/UM is a thing and coming to the 3DS and not the Switch, this will further give you a lesson for making your expectations too high.

Years
  • Really intrigued and super happy Game Freak decided to create another game in Alola, I was hoping we wouldn't get another Kalos situation again. Although, the alternate story intrigues me, could Ultra Sun and Moon be set in an alternate universe or something?

Also, finally a European simultaneous release!

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • cosmog -> cosmoem -> solgaleo/lunala -> necrozma
    THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM
    expecting all ultra beast fusions tbh

Years
  • Really intrigued and super happy Game Freak decided to create another game in Alola, I was hoping we wouldn't get another Kalos situation again. Although, the alternate story intrigues me, could Ultra Sun and Moon be set in an alternate universe or something?

It has been implied to be an alternate universe, but it also looks to have a story that would be a continuation from Sun & Moon.

Years
  • Gotta say. After the Pokemon Tournament DX announcement, I was really prepared to be let down... but this announcement was quite the nice save! Definitely didn't expect a third version-esque announcement so soon after SM's release. Heck, I didn't expect a third version at all, especially since XY didn't get one.

Still, this is rather nice to hear! I've expressed on Discord that I really feel that SM's end-game set up the perfect scenario for a kind of sequel, and while this isn't a sequel, I think these games have the potential to really tie up potential loose ends in SM, which would be very pleasing.

I was in your situation too in that I thought it was just Pokken stuff as well, but I feel Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon is an enhanced version and sequel in one, because it's likely to have features that the enhanced third versions would typically have, but it also suggests it will have a story that continues from Sun & Moon, like the case with the Unova games.

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
    Years
  • I'm very happy to see this. There isn't a lot to say right now other than about the new forms/new changes to your character. Sometimes I wonder if they do these very short reveals just to go on the internet and laugh at how wrong our predictions are destined to be :P

I've warned you guys not to trust the Stars rumor nor expect DP remakes, but needless to say, no one listened to me. Now that US/UM is a thing and coming to the 3DS and not the Switch, this will further give you a lesson for making your expectations too high.

I agree. I doubted D/P remakes (As you know, ALL of the Sinnoh legends, including the events, were available in ORAS.) and to think it would be on the switch is silly. The switch has not had many sales, as it is still kinda "new." Pokemon is likely going to stay on handhelds until the end of its time. The switch DOES have portability, but forcing fans to move to a new system is mean and a money grab, as die-hards will have to buy an NEW system, and then the games themselves. US/UM would have been a giant flop if so. Plus, even if they DID move to a new system, they wouldn't do it in the middle of a generation.
    Sinnoh confirmed can wait until Gen 8. :)

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • I've warned you guys not to trust the Stars rumor nor expect DP remakes, but needless to say, no one listened to me. Now that US/UM is a thing and coming to the 3DS and not the Switch, this will further give you a lesson for making your expectations too high.
    Why does everything have to be an 'I told you so' moment? I didn't believe the Stars rumour or the DP remake theory, but I've still been wrong before and so have you - we all have. There's no need to make it a competition,

Anyways folks, Switch release de-confirmed by Pokemon Company to Kotaku. Off the hype train I go again. Still nice news, hopefully we get some new Alolan forms (Johto anyone?)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok, I was wrong when I said yesterday "watch as the Direct doesn't reveal anything interesting".

But now the question is, will it be any good?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    This was completely unexpected and a bit shocking to say the least. The release date seems soooo far away D:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Third game already? Wasn't expecting it but I loved it. Too hyped can I say for this news!

Also, I might get Ultra Moon. Ultra Solgaleo looks weird.

Eresse

Gladion Trash
    Years
  • I wonder what Alola will be like. I interpreted the whole alternate story bit as us having to explore some parallel universe version of Alola.

I really hope the story is tied into SuMo. I really want to know what happens to Lillie, Hau, and Gladion. Maybe the events in SuMo had some sort of effect on USM's Alola?

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I wonder what Alola will be like. I interpreted the whole alternate story bit as us having to explore some parallel universe version of Alola.

I really hope the story is tied into SuMo. I really want to know what happens to Lillie, Hau, and Gladion. Maybe the events in SuMo had some sort of effect on USM's Alola?

I do hope it's a sequel, not an alternate universe thingy. We've had that way too often in Gen VI.

Back