• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4.5 days lost..

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Eh, this only hurts me because I requested in a shop right before we lost all these days :P

This day needs a nickname, I mean we've practically 'gone back in time' and lost 4.5 days of posts. [Black/Dark/Paradox Tuesday? o.-]

Black Porygon Day?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    It's like walking back in time to fix things up, I guess... I also am a bit embarassed for telling a member to read the yesterday's post, but it didn't even existed... Wow...

Oh well... No harm done, I guess... As long as PC's here, I'm happy. :)

~edit~
    wait, what will happen to our new posts here if ever the main site gets back on? :\

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Oh my... That's a bit disappointing... I might as well wait for the main site to come back before I'll make a new thread... :\

Anyways, it's like visiting the past in this state, and if the main site coms back on, then all our posts now will not be in the main site? It's like we're just visiting the past and when we return to real time, it's like nothing have ever happened...

Excitingly weird... :\

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    You don't seem to understand. The posts from the last week won't be coming back. Ever.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Oh~~~
    I get it now. Thanks... And that's a disappointing fact, but thanks for letting me know... sigh... -_-

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    You explain it quite well, Ausaudriel. However, this might be a first time thing for many people and they are just confused (I know I am). It's a shame that the site crashed, but theres nothing we can really do about it now.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    no need to shout, I guess... I just realized after Blu-B's reply that every url address of the community are the real site...
    Sorry if I were a bit uninformed...

Anyways, just to make things back on-topic, in the past 5 and a (almost) half year of PC, has this event happened in the past as well..?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    O_O
    Oh my... I hope that will never happen again...
    But even so, I still love PC and will be staying here...

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
    Whew. I freaked out for a sec. I thought my that either my computer was going crazy or I was being punished for something. I didn't lose too much. I did have over 300 posts though. Now I'm back down to 279.

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
    okey so this is why this site is going back in time to a week ago so i lost posts and stuff like PMs thats just wierd.i hope it gets fixed.

You don't seem to understand. The posts from the last week won't be coming back. Ever.

okey thats just dumb why did this happen in the first place.

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    It won't get fixed. u_u You're posts from the previous week will never come back. How sad it may seem. =o
    Now you get a chance of redoing everything, isn't that great?

I myself didn't lose so much, but I do feel bad for those who did, like the Roleplayers. =o

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    actually the missing posts cover from the 4th or so (remember when we had maintenance turned on?) thru Monday the 10th morning.. while there was a later db backup (10th I believe) it was unusable. we were stuck with the older full backup.

hope this helps clarify some stuff.

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
    ok then

so, definetly no chance whatsoever positivly - we cant get the posts back

(time too get back to 38 posts again)

this PC meltdown really was not very good (after earthquake and the high winds in england - they werent too much of a gale
    - only a few roofs)

another thing that has happened that people know about!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    And apart from the (intentional) board restart in 2003, I don't think so. The difference is that the 2003 restart was done purposely, and it was a total restart. Everyone had to reregister, all posts and threads had to be started over, and so forth.

Is this likely to happen again and why did it happen the first time?

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Awe, PC's got problems now. 0__o
    Seriously, it's my favorite site and it keeps shutting down... *tears*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back