• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Screenshots Released and Big Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon News Coming

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
New Screenshots Released and Big Pok?mon Ultra Sun and Moon News Coming

New Alolan Forms and maybe some Rumor confirmation please?

Also neat to have Furfrou back!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Not just Furfrou, but Lopunny, Malamar, Hawlucha and Mr. Mime are returning as well, which is great to hear. This also suggests the other megas that haven't been featured yet, such as Audino, are definitely going to make their comeback after we saw Manectric, Houndoom and Tyranitar earlier. Also, Team Skull are definitely returning, which is cool because we all love them. Putting that aside, I managed to extract a couple of screenshots that look somewhat...peculiar so we could possibly go through them in a bit more detail:

148.jpg

If you haven't noticed already, this appears to be the Pyukumuku chucking sidequest, but the water is green rather than the usual blue. I mentioned quite a ways back that the ecosystem of Alola may have been endangered by the map's first impressions, but this seems to suggest that Team Skull have literally done some dirty work here and polluted the water. This may put a rather dark twist on this sidequest concerning the Pyukumuku, but we don't know whether the Skulls have actually done that or even the effects on Pyukumuku...who knows? Maybe they'll end up...dying?

This other one got me pretty excited when I saw Lando-T:

169.jpg

Considering the format of the battle, this is most likely a VGC18 battle taking place. Considering Lando-T is on the player's side, this again lends more evidence towards a full legendary dump, especially considering we know we can get Mewtwo, but how it's going to be implemented hasn't been mentioned yet, but it's most likely to do with Ultra Space and flying Solgaleo/Lunala through the wormhole. I just want my birbs back though...

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
New Alolan Forms and maybe some Rumor confirmation please?

Also neat to have Furfrou back!
New Alolan forms is off the table as far as i am concerned. Z moves are more important because GF has been announcing only new z moves and not alolan forms.

The screenshots look cool.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
reveal that its releasing on Switch pls

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
New Alolan forms is off the table as far as i am concerned. Z moves are more important because GF has been announcing only new z moves and not alolan forms.

I highly, highly doubt Alolan's are "off the table". They just in fact, set the table for them by releasing new pokemon mid generation for the first time with UBs.

I would not be suprised if new Alolans are part of this upcoming big announcement.

Yeah sure. They're going to sabotage the sales of "Pokemon on Switch" just so they can put a mediocre third version experience on a console not even in that many consumers hands...

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017

Not happening. USUM is on the 3DS. Gen 8 will be on Switch.

I highly, highly doubt Alolan's are "off the table". They just in fact, set the table for them by releasing new pokemon mid generation for the first time with UBs.

I would not be suprised if new Alolans are part of this upcoming big announcement.

Yeah sure. They're going to sabotage the sales of "Pokemon on Switch" just so they can put a mediocre third version experience on a console not even in that many consumers hands...
I still doubt it. New alola forms should be announced a lot earlier. Plus interview confirms no new alola forms.

Also, USUM are far from just being mediocre games. They seem to be almost as good as B2W2.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023

The fact that they won't comment on it in interviews basically confirms it.

I'll also wager that the Chinese leaker and guy that leaked new pokemon mid gen, the game's name, team rocket and more, are probably right.

We shall see though.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Wasn?t really expecting them to do any sort of big reveals at this point, felt that we got plenty of info already.

All I personally want to know at this point is whether or not trainer customization will offer a much larger variety of clothes/hairstyles/no version exclusive colors

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
The fact that they won't comment on it in interviews basically confirms it.

I'll also wager that the Chinese leaker and guy that leaked new pokemon mid gen, the game's name, team rocket and more, are probably right.

We shall see though.
What? The interview confirmed that there be no new alola forms. It was made pretty clear.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
What? The interview confirmed that there be no new alola forms. It was made pretty clear.

This was a very big mistake.

Don't trust that article.

It's been confirmed fake but a member of tpci and even people like Joe Merrick had stated it's been translated wrong. The full question asked is if there were new forms and Game Freak said that they couldn't comment on it.

The site it's from is very click baity, hence why the title talks about a new Eeveelution, which we know is also incorrect and not happening.

It's why Daily didn't report on it. It's a case of a shabby article that went too viral, because people are desperate for the answer on Alolan forms.

As of now we have no confirmation or denial of new forms. That's something Game Freak would never tell us, it be the same if there were new megas. They want the trailers or games to answer it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023

It was proven that that article was FALSE.
don't trust everything you read online- only source you should trust is either Bulbapedia and Serebii.

Years
I also want to caution everyone that Game Freak's definition of "big news" and our definition of "big news" may be very different.

Something to keep in mind. I don't mean to burst any bubbles, but being cautiously optimistic is the best route to go, here.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Agreed. Big news, huge news, etc are overhyped words that gets expectations up way too high. It is best to actually see the news and determined for ourselves if it is big news.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Not just Furfrou, but Lopunny, Malamar, Hawlucha and Mr. Mime are returning as well, which is great to hear. This also suggests the other megas that haven't been featured yet, such as Audino, are definitely going to make their comeback after we saw Manectric, Houndoom and Tyranitar earlier. Also, Team Skull are definitely returning, which is cool because we all love them. Putting that aside, I managed to extract a couple of screenshots that look somewhat...peculiar so we could possibly go through them in a bit more detail:

148.jpg

If you haven't noticed already, this appears to be the Pyukumuku chucking sidequest, but the water is green rather than the usual blue. I mentioned quite a ways back that the ecosystem of Alola may have been endangered by the map's first impressions, but this seems to suggest that Team Skull have literally done some dirty work here and polluted the water. This may put a rather dark twist on this sidequest concerning the Pyukumuku, but we don't know whether the Skulls have actually done that or even the effects on Pyukumuku...who knows? Maybe they'll end up...dying?

This other one got me pretty excited when I saw Lando-T:

169.jpg

Considering the format of the battle, this is most likely a VGC18 battle taking place. Considering Lando-T is on the player's side, this again lends more evidence towards a full legendary dump, especially considering we know we can get Mewtwo, but how it's going to be implemented hasn't been mentioned yet, but it's most likely to do with Ultra Space and flying Solgaleo/Lunala through the wormhole. I just want my birbs back though...

Hm the green water is interesting. I will say that sometimes water can appear that seafoam color. Sometimes it's caused by algae( There's this cray image that can be found online of this effect after a Tsunami).

I do think the water could be natural and its explained as a light reflection which iirc can happen in real life. Pollution would be interesting though and be a decent way to bring Zygarde into the plot if they wanted.

I don't think Skull is entirely evil, or at least have a different base because from the map we got PO town didn't seem to have rain over it. And Guzma seems to at least become good while Lusamine is unlikely to be evil imo based on the story trailer and he fact they won't confirm Nihelago appears from that portal.

I wonder if the "A new light shines on Alola" could be a cause for this water. We saw the same light associated with Dusk Lycanroc and its an interesting tagline.

I'm looking forward to these now. I wasn't hype before but a lot of differences seem to be in bound and I'm excited to see how they fix up the lores and plots.

Back