• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Critical hit rate lowered in Gen VII

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • So apparently it's now 1/24, making RNG less of a deciding factor in stall wars. What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    This is interesting to me. The older gen 1 & 2 games most crits depended largely on out speeding the opponent.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I know this sounds weird, like, really super weird but I am actually disappointed by this. No really, I am. And this is comming from someone who literally lost an Ekans to a crit when it was just one battle away from evolving in one of my nuzruns. Sure crits can do....that, but then again that's part of the challenge, and doing something just to make things easier, that is...eh.

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • bobandbill said:
    ...a lower critical hit rate means it is easier for Pokémon to set up with stat-boosting attacks.
    Calm Mind users, for example, will be less likely to fall to an unlucky roll of the dice.
    I'm not sure how I feel about this... critical hits can indeed be an annoyance, but
    stat-boosting attacks are EVEN MORE annoying... unless we had moves such
    as haze, circle throw or clear smog...

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    On one hand, crits cause less unfair losses, but on the other hand, they are even more unfair when it happens.

Years
  • I didn't even realise the rate of crits was lowered until I watched a video from Verlisify. Shows that there's some little things that the dataminers didn't catch when they were leaking all that info before release.

Guest123_x1

I never really noticed this being much of a difference from Generation VI. Then again, I remember how frequent critical hits were in Generation I, so that is a noticeable difference if you skip all the other generations and go straight from I to VII.

Back