• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Nintendo Switch bundle announced

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It does look nice. Nicer imo if it only had Eevee. :V But as I already have a switch easy pass for myself.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I was just talking last night about getting a Switch, and had decided against it for now. But I might have to get this bundle because it looks nice. It coming with both the game and the Pokeball Plus is a bonus.

Nicer imo if it only had Eevee. :V
BETRAYAL

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
If I read the Article right, it comes with the Switch(which comes with 2 Joycons and is $300), PokeBall Plus($45 if the price last I heard sticks) and one copy of either LGP or LGE pre-installed($60). All that comes to $405 and they're bundling it for $400. Where is the deal here? Even if you got both versions, again... you're saving $60 or 400/465 = 86% or 14% savings. I've seen their competitors do better than that so unless retailers do even further discounts, I'll pass.

Furthermore, while this article is indeed over a year old, the issues brought up then are still true today: Switch costs more than $300. Unless the Bundle has everything that a typical person looking to get the Switch for the first time, why bother.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Apparently in Japan you can buy the dock and Joycons separately. Wonder if that will come West, along with that awesome steelbook.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
If I read the Article right, it comes with the Switch(which comes with 2 Joycons and is $300), PokeBall Plus($45 if the price last I heard sticks) and one copy of either LGP or LGE pre-installed($60). All that comes to $405 and they're bundling it for $400. Where is the deal here? Even if you got both versions, again... you're saving $60 or 400/465 = 86% or 14% savings. I've seen their competitors do better than that so unless retailers do even further discounts, I'll pass.

Furthermore, while this article is indeed over a year old, the issues brought up then are still true today: Switch costs more than $300. Unless the Bundle has everything that a typical person looking to get the Switch for the first time, why bother.

Maybe they want you to use that sweet 5 you save for the Pokemon Bank?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Honestly, I'm considering it... Partly because I don't have Switch of my own atm, and partly because my friend works at GameStop, and partly because goshdarn it's so cute!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'd get it if it didn't have the games and the pokeball plus thing bundled with it jacking up the price.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
didn't the 3ds have swappable faceplates? if there was something like that for the switch and they just offered the cosmetics separately as like a $10 or $20 purchase... well, i probably still wouldn't get it, but i'd at least consider it. i'm not paying $400 for something functionally identical to my existing system that i already paid $300 for. even if they offered a trade-in, $100 is too much for some cosmetics and a game i can buy for much less. i can find cute pictures online, i'm not going to pay $400 to have them attached to my console.

i do like the designs but they don't seem like anything particularly special. honestly, the thing i like most about it is the color scheme; that looks really nice imo.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
You can find high quality decals for your base and joycons to emulate the same look. You can even customize it to include Eevee, like having brown instead of all yellow, for literally around 40 dollars.

And there's also a program for free that takes around 10 minutes to reprogram your cons to display any color you'd like digitally. Not to mention, you're always able to buy any cons you like separately. Red, yellow, pink, neon, gray, there are many options I've seen for sale.

So I have no idea why someone would pay 10x the amount for... This.

Last edited:
Years
I'm fairly sure the purpose of this is more to entice prospective Switch owners than it is to draw current ones to trade their current devices over. Kind of like dangling a carrot in the face of casual Go players who may be interested in buying a Switch but aren't entirely convinced yet.

Last edited:
Back