• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet announcement

Pokémon Presents announces generation nine: Pokémon Scarlet and Violet

Pokémon Presents announces generation nine: Pokémon Scarlet and Violet

It’s the third title with involvement from Game Freak staff in about a year timespan.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It happened!

Updating the article... but discuss the general trailer from Pokemon Presents here, feel free to make new threads on specific things like characters, the starters, etc.

Years
Not going to lie, I have a much better feeling from this trailer than I had from the first trailers of SwSh, BDSP and PLA combined.

Years
Twas such a huge shock to me when the starters got revealed lmao. Genuinely thought it was just gonna be another DLC or something to PLA / SwSh until that point.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
I was. Very shocked when we got news of a new gen at the start it looking like another game forget the name

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Idk how to explain it but I was like yeah cool so on Pokemon Day they'll release Gen 9 - for the time being I'll just enjoy PLA and PoGo. Like to me it was fully expected because when they talked about it they kind of hinted at Gen 9 by having that blank gap. Or maybe I dreamed it I dunno but I actually wasn't surprised... just surprised we got new Pokemon announced honestly. The fact that they are amazing helps a lot too.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
It seems like a lot is happening in the Pokemon games, but new generations have been announced every 3 years for a while.. so not too big of surprise. I love the game feel for Arceus, so I am interested in seeing it incorporated in modern time with gyms, cities, elite 4, quests...etc.

The crystal star image above the names of Japanese names for the games is intriguing.. we can only hope for something good along the lines of mega evolutions, dynamaxing, alpha mass outbreaks....

The starters are cute..it will be interesting to see what secondary types they become.

Back