• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A familiar zombie RP RPG series...

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • A familiar zombie RP RPG series...

If you're familiar with the series here in RPT, then how's a trip back into the world of roleplaying RPG zombie survival sound? :) If you're not familiar, then feel free to check out the first iteration of the series.

The sequel here would follow the same basic RPG elements used in the first series, including item gathering, RPG style stats and traits, as well as new mixtures of journey-RP elements and more freedom than before.

As before, we find our survivors crash landing in a remote Oregon town. This time on the coast of the state in a town called Brookings with a small population, but just as deadly dangers as before. Survivors (RPers) will work together to select and build their own safehouse, scavenge for supplies, and survive together or alone. In Brookings, you can survive any way you like and our map will update each phase of the RP as new twists and elements are introduced.

So... are you ready for the Outbreak?​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i wish i had time to join but idk ;;

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Yo, I want to hop aboard this crazy train

Would you enlist the same face claim list from the original RP?

Years
  • Yeah, but I have a more varied selection this time so it should free people up a bit more. :)

Honestly, I think you'd be better off letting people choose their own claims (or to not use them at all if they'd prefer). It gives us more creative freedom.

Plus it'd feel really weird to see faces I associate with different Outbreak characters used for the sequel lol.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Honestly, I think you'd be better off letting people choose their own claims (or to not use them at all if they'd prefer). It gives us more creative freedom.

Plus it'd feel really weird to see faces I associate with different Outbreak characters used for the sequel lol.

You mean having the entire set available to choose from? I could do that. I'd prefer using them over free design only unless people absolutely HAVE to make their own/design their own character.

And I'd be willing to allow people to bring back their characters from the first series, since nobody technically died that finished out the series. :) But could also try to avoid having the cast return in some cases.

Years
  • You mean having the entire set available to choose from? I could do that. I'd prefer using them over free design only unless people absolutely HAVE to make their own/design their own character.

Is there a reason for this? I can't see a reason to limit the types of character people can play.

And I'd be willing to allow people to bring back their characters from the first series, since nobody technically died that finished out the series. :) But could also try to avoid having the cast return in some cases.

That fixes half my issue with it at least.
    Plus it means I can play McGregor again, fuck yeah

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Is there a reason for this? I can't see a reason to limit the types of character people can play.

I like the style and I think it fits the theme. I don't think it necessarily limits player choice, but also lets you create a character off of a portrait. But if there's more interest in doing your own thing, I won't fault anyone for that.

Years
  • I like the style and I think it fits the theme. I don't think it necessarily limits player choice, but also lets you create a character off of a portrait. But if there's more interest in doing your own thing, I won't fault anyone for that.

Fair enough.
    I'll just have to get in quick to snag the portrait I want haha

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'll back you up on on the face claim list, Goku. As I see it, it more so establishes a baseline for appearances to follow related to the tone of the RP which in-turn prevents disassociation that could occur as a result of people gravitating towards different art styles to represent their characters. With these default portraits in place, players will have a definite image in mind to have their characters align with as well, so even if people didn't use one, they alternatively wouldn't use an image that might be out-of-place (if I interpreted "doing [their] own thing" correctly, lol).

Oh, but Pie's remark about getting in first reminded me: how are you going to handle sign-ups with the probability of players wanting to "claim" certain images? Also, will there be priority given to members of Outbreak 1.0? No begrudging on my behalf if that is the case.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • No prior priority will be given UNLESS they want to pick up their character from before. Everything else will be first come (and accepted).

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    No prior priority will be given UNLESS they want to pick up their character from before. Everything else will be first come (and accepted).
    Rip. I don't think too highly of the "first-come-first-serve" method myself. I feel it's fairer for those who aren't available immediately to make a sign-up sheet; there's less stress placed on potential players when an agreeable deadline is set to claim a spot as soon as possible. Also, there's time granted for people to sincerely develop their characters and the game master has the opportunity to scout a future cast rather than roll with the punches for a roleplay with limited spots. Of course, I can see the benefits of this method as well: the game master has a harder time predicting what sort of characters occupy his/her roleplay and the act of reviewing apps in itself is prone to be influenced by bias and favoritism beyond the GM's control. Nonetheless, I consider deadlines an overall better way to invite more dedicated players and more developed characters since there's less of an incentive to rush.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Rip. I don't think too highly of the "first-come-first-serve" method myself. I feel it's fairer for those who aren't available immediately to make a sign-up sheet; there's less stress placed on potential players when an agreeable deadline is set to claim a spot as soon as possible. Also, there's time granted for people to sincerely develop their characters and the game master has the opportunity to scout a future cast rather than roll with the punches for a roleplay with limited spots. Of course, I can see the benefits of this method as well: the game master has a harder time predicting what sort of characters occupy his/her roleplay and the act of reviewing apps in itself is prone to be influenced by bias and favoritism beyond the GM's control. Nonetheless, I consider deadlines an overall better way to invite more dedicated players and more developed characters since there's less of an incentive to rush.

I'm only referring to the portraits themselves, not the actual RP SUs. :P I won't rush people who want to take their time with their SUs, but if someone wants to grab a character portrait, I'd not be sure of any way to judge who gets it first otherwise. If you and Player B want the same portrait, whoever finishes their SU and gets accepted first would naturally get that character. But that's why I'm gonna try to have a huge variety of choices so there's less of a chance of people wanting duplicates. If I did a deadline SU, then we'd just run into a problem of people potentially grabbing the same portrait and me having to have them change after putting in hard work to sign up with THAT portrait, you know?

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Oh... those portraits *wrinkles nose*.

Oh well, At least I can play Ale- Oh... ohhh... welp.

Ngl though, killing her was my favourite thing i've ever done.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Idk if I will join since I feel I pretty much need to re-learn how to Role-play and write in general.

At the least I will keep an eye on the IC thread.

I hope to god another PC meme does not come from this series again, I don't think we can take more

Years
  • Idk if I will join since I feel I pretty much need to re-learn how to Role-play and write in general.

At the least I will keep an eye on the IC thread.

I hope to god another PC meme does not come from this series again, I don't think we can take more

Praise be unto him.

Back