• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*A Freshly Scented Garden* Grass-type Club

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Your Nickname : FIKRI
    Your Partner Pokemon : Ferrothorn
    Reason for joining the club : grass type its really green, fast leveling and its one of my favorite type pokemon.
    Answer the current topic :
    tough battle ? Hmm, emerald I get whited by wild shroomish {XD}

Thank you very much for joining our club! It's great to know that our Club is blooming slowly but steadly!

Since Ferrothorn is unavailable for picking, I'll give you a Ferroseed instead! ;) Keep on posting in this thread, I guarantee that your Ferroseed is going to evolve into a fine Ferrothorn someday. ^^

Your story with the Wild Shroomish sound interesting! If you don't mind, please tell us more about it!

Once again, welcome to our small and humble club! See you around, Fikri! :D

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • A wild Shroomish? To be honest...I've never encountered one! I spend all day in those blasted Petalburg Woods on Alpha Sapphire and Shroomish never appears! I want a Breloom so bad. DX

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Here are some interesting GIFs for our fellow Grass-type members!​

tumblr_m0plycf0M21qd87hlo1_500.gif

Look at that Oddish and how the contented expressions from those Gloom and that Skiploom.~

tumblr_n7c5tfLuft1soxa4vo1_500.gif

Everyone's a happy family! ^^

tumblr_mkqsenmWS81rkw57oo1_500.gif

Just because the Grass-type Pokémon has a lot of weaknesses, they aren't meant to be picked on or stomped on! 'I have fury!', as Fawful from the Mario series says.​

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I must have missed this lol

Username: Dedenne1
    Partner Pokemon: Deerling
    Reason for joining the club: Umm theyre grass types whats not to love? Alot of them are cute and Grass beats a good amount of types :D
    Answer to the current topic:

Have you ever had a tough battle with a Grass-type Pokémon?
    Hmm Erika's Vileplume in red was pretty tough for me since i didnt really have any fire types yet haha but still that thing was killing me with sleep powder ><

Reactions: Sun

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • Nickname: Solar
    Partner: Snivy
    Reason you joined: Grass has always been and forever will be my favorite type.
    Answer to current topic: The first time I battled Gardenia, her last Pokémon, Roserade, destroyed my starly, shinx, and grotle, leaving me with my level 5 budew. Poison Point activated with her first move, and subsequent turns I used tackle while she used magical leaf. In the last turn, she fainted budew, then succumbed to poison, so I won the battle but gained no exp.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I must have missed this lol

Username: Dedenne1
    Partner Pokemon: Deerling
    Reason for joining the club: Umm theyre grass types whats not to love? Alot of them are cute and Grass beats a good amount of types :D
    Answer to the current topic:

Have you ever had a tough battle with a Grass-type Pokémon?
    Hmm Erika's Vileplume in red was pretty tough for me since i didnt really have any fire types yet haha but still that thing was killing me with sleep powder ><

Welcome to this humble club, Hanbei! *hugs tightly*
    While they are defensively frail, it's true that Grass-type moves can smack good amount of type like Water, Ground and Rock-types coincidentally the weakness of Fire-types!

As I said, Grass-type can really be nasty if a trainer isn't well prepared on taking Grass Pokémon! ;)
    Nickname: Solar
    Partner: Snivy
    Reason you joined: Grass has always been and forever will be my favorite type.
    Answer to current topic: The first time I battled Gardenia, her last Pokémon, Roserade, destroyed my starly, shinx, and grotle, leaving me with my level 5 budew. Poison Point activated with her first move, and subsequent turns I used tackle while she used magical leaf. In the last turn, she fainted budew, then succumbed to poison, so I won the battle but gained no exp.

Hello Solar, welcome to our humble but jolly Grass-type Club! That's a great partner you chose for the scenario campaign! ^^

That sounds like an intense battle! So that Budew has saved the day eh? :') I hope that Budew eventually bloomed into a strong Roserade! ^_^ I like your answer to the topic, you are rewarded with a shiny Snivy as a partner for the Grass-type Campaign! Shiny Pokémon in the Grass Campaign is just as rare as they are in games, congratulations! See you around! ;)

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • Wow, a shiny snivy! Thanks so much!

I sure learned to level up my flying types after my battle with Gardenia, so when I played platinum I had no trouble beating her. Though it still bugs me that flying's good against grass in the first place.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Wow, a shiny snivy! Thanks so much!

I sure learned to level up my flying types after my battle with Gardenia, so when I played platinum I had no trouble beating her. Though it still bugs me that flying's good against grass in the first place.

Thank you very much for sharing us your valuable experience! It does sound devastating, but on the positive aspect for the Grass-Pokémon, it means Grass isn't that as frail as the majority thinks! Don't mess up the Grass folks! ;)

Moving on to an another topic, which our uh.. new topic for our Grass-type Club.

Current topic: Most Grass-type Pokémon have a lot of weakness, how does your Grass Pokémon counter them? How does its team mate support it?

The answer that catches my eye receives a special shiny Pokémon in our Grass-type Campaign as a reward!

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

tumblr_npvcfl8tpD1us8o76o1_500.gif

Years
  • Most Grass-type Pokémon have a lot of weakness, how does your Grass Pokémon counter them? How does its team mate support it?

If possible, I can get a dual-typed Grass Pokemon that can use some extra moves than usual from the second type, but then we even have some pure Grass ones like Tangrowth and Gogoat which can use a few Rock moves (and some Ground ones too) to counter pretty much almost all the weaknesses. Then there's ones with more limited options, but defensive play and also help from teammates helps them get around many problems.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • I like to double battle with my Serperior and Volcarona. In order to give my Serperior the chance to OHKO everything that comes up (without taking damage, because his Nature had Speed growth) I would Swords Dance with it, while Volcarona covered with Heat Wave, usually knocking out all the opponents that turn. In single battles with Grass types, I like to give them moves that cover their weaknesses. I like to teach a Ground type move to cover Fire and Poison, and a Rock type attack to cover for Bug, Ice, and Flying. Unfortunately, not many Grass types are pure Grass type, and even less of those are able to learn both Ground and Rock attacks. So I usually just end up with a partial Grass type and giving it moves that cover for as many weaknesses as possible. A Substitute/Leech Seed/HP-draining attack (such as Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Horn Leech, etc) while said Pokemon is either holding a Big Root or a Leftovers is a very difficult Pokemon to beat, and I've recently started using this strategy. Also, a Leech Seed/Ingrain/Sleep Powder/Giga Drain is annoying to overcome, and rather easy to battle with.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It's time for me to reply to the topic, despite I can't take part with getting the special shiny Pokémon for the sake of fairness. :P Note that this isn't a model answer. You can edit your original post as much as you want until I change the topic on next Friday.~

Most Grass-type Pokémon have a lot of weakness, how does your Grass Pokémon counter them? How does its team mate support it?

While giving them the moves that can counter their own weakness might be the most obvious answer. I play it differently, this is where the nasty Status Moves like Spore, Sleep Powder, Teeter Dance come in. >:) Fire-types Pokémon and Grass Pokémon make great partners in a team, specially when it's a Double/Triple or Rotation Battle. They can cover almost each other's weaknesses.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The answer that catches my eye is from...

Hikamaru

Congratulations! Here's your promised special Shiny Pokémon!
    Spoiler:

On to our current topic for this week:
    Create a team for your favorite Gym Leader, with at least 2 Pokémon and 5 as maximum. Remember to [S-HIGHLIGHT]Highlight[/S-HIGHLIGHT] this Gym Leader's ace and please explain why have you chosen these Grass Pokémon in particular.

The member with an answer that catches my eye receives a Venusaurite* and a shiny Bulbasaur*.
    **Campaign only.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The last topic proved to be a failure, so everything about it including the prizes are scrapped. xD

Main topic:
    Your favorite Grass-type offensive move? Why?
    Sub-topics: (Optional)
    Sub-topic 1: Which Grass-type status move are you fond of?
    Sub-topic 2:If there is something you can change from your favorite Grass-type offensive move and/or status move, what changes are they? (It doesn't matter if you're going to make it overpower, they just need to make sense.)
    Sub-topic 3: Your least favorite Grass-type move? Why?

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Favorite Offensive Grass Type Move: I have to say, that this would either be Leaf Blade or Energy Ball, depending on which Attack stat is the higher one. Both moves are pretty powerful, have solid accuracies, and no kind of recoil such as stat lower or damage. In addition, Energy Ball has a TM and can be used by a pretty wide variety of Pokemon, while I just love the game animation of Leaf Blade.

Favorite Status Grass Type Move: I think I'm gonna have to say Leech Seed for this. Even though it doesn't affect other Grass types, that still leaves seventeen other types to use it against. It's a great move for longer lasting battles, gradually draining away the opponent's HP and restoring yours. It's just awesome.

Least Favorite Grass Type Move:
    This one is definitely Absorb. With a base power of 20 and no multi-hit like Bullet Seed, it's pretty darn weak. There are much better draining moves to use, such as Giga Drain, or even Mega Drain. Even moves like Worry Seed (which I also don't like) have some strategic uses. Absorb is just weak.

Years
  • Your favorite Grass-type offensive move? Why?
    I'm with what was mentioned earlier. Energy Ball and Leaf Blade for their solid power and having some really nice animations as well. The former also has some good distribution, such as a lot of Psychic-types being able to use it.

Which Grass-type status move are you fond of?
    I always love Leech Seed, the passive healing over the course of the battle allows you to get more annoying with other moves as well, and trust me I recall when I was so frustrated at a SubSeed Shroomish on Showdown once because I kept thinking I had no literal answer to it but I did overcome it. Shows you that Leech Seed, especially in a combo with Substitute is really annoying but fun when you're the one pulling it off.

Your least favorite Grass-type move? Why?
    Absorb. While I do like the draining moves, the thing is the other ones do a much better job than Absorb does, it's just too weak to compete with its bigger cousins like Mega Drain and Giga Drain.

Oh, and nice shiny Celebi. Thanks dude.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    New topic:
    What kind of Grass-type Pokémon would you like to see in the future?

EDIT: Club rules is updated. I do not want to make the club sounds like a compulsory obligation, but please stay active or according to this club's rules you will be no longer part of the club; you didn't join the club for the sake of joining, right?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello peeps~
    I'd like to join this club as well. Grass isn't my favorite, but it's second on the list. lol
    I also have a full team of grass pokemon that I adore.
    I'd love to introduce my grass pokemon later as well if I'll be able to. ^_^

As for an answer to the last topic, I would love to see a grass/fire pokemon in the next generation. There are too many that are grass/poison. I'd like a bit more diversity with the dual-types.

So grass/fire, grass/dragon, grass/rock, another grass/water as well. ^_^

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hello peeps~
    I'd like to join this club as well. Grass isn't my favorite, but it's second on the list. lol
    I also have a full team of grass pokemon that I adore.
    I'd love to introduce my grass pokemon later as well if I'll be able to. ^_^

As for an answer to the last topic, I would love to see a grass/fire pokemon in the next generation. There are too many that are grass/poison. I'd like a bit more diversity with the dual-types.

So grass/fire, grass/dragon, grass/rock, another grass/water as well. ^_^

Ah a breath of fresh air! Welcome to PokéCommunity's Grass-type Club! :)
    Yes, feel free to edit your partner later! But once you decided it's permanent. ;)

Years
  • Thanks for the welcome!
    I guess my partner will be Leo, my Leafeon. :P
    Could you also message me maybe telling me what this place is all about? :)

Back