• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*A Freshly Scented Garden* Grass-type Club

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Who is your favourite Grass Pokémon and why is it so special to you?

Snivy, of course!
    Everyone already knew that though.

Interestingly enough, when I first saw the Unova starter trio I didn't pay much attention to Snivy. I liked Tepig the best for its cuteness, and I liked Oshawott well too, though not as much. Ironically, Tepig is now my least favorite of the three. I'm not sure why I started actually noticing Snivy, though maybe it was because I got a Snivy plush.

I think I started liking Snivy for its snout. That and the fact that it's a snake, which is my favorite animal. And, while I like its attitude too, I really love the idea of a really shy Snivy (Shyvy).

As for why it's special to me... It's sort of like when you want to have a favorite bird or whatever, and so you pick a random thing that you like but it's not your favorite, and then it becomes your favorite just because you decided that it was. I think that's how Snivy was for me.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • - Your nickname: Noa
    - Your Grass-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Sunkern
    - Reason for joining the club: Grass types are so elegant and lovely! Well, they can also be spiky and sharp too. They're so pleasant to look at, and also really fun to use in competitive batle.
    - Answer to the current topic (compulsory): Who is your favourite Grass Type and what makes it so special to you? Sunflora! It's my favorite grass type and in top 5 favorite Pokemon. It's so cute and happy, looking at it makes me want to have a great day! I feel like if I was a Pokemon, I might be a Sunflora...

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Yaaay Noa joined us :3

My favorite Grass type Pokemon? That's hard ....

I really like Serperior and Sceptile. I'll remove Sceptile as my favorite Pokemon because I didn't really liked it at first, I only started to love it since last year. As for Snivy, Servine and Serperior they were my favorite starter since day one!
    But another Pokemon I loved since the first time I saw it is Sawsbuck. He's probably my favorite "non-starter" grass type Pokmon.

Okay so I can't remember where I saw this video, but I have to show you, it's kinda funny and it's grass type related XD (Or maybe I am just too tired and that's why it's funny for me?)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Welcome to the Club Noa. :D

Many Grass Types are indeed elegant and lovely. Whilst I tend to prefer the Cute Grass Pokémon, the spiky ones have helped me greatly in battle too. Of course there are Pokémon like the Roselia line that can be both elegant and spiky.

Sunflora is indeed a very happy looking Pokemon (Along with his pre-evolution and the Hoppip line). I have not yet used a Sunflora extensively but like the fact he gets Earth Power. I think if I was a Pokemon I'd be a Lilligant or Vileplume.

I have given you a Sunkern with Sun Stone and a Bulbasaur for your team.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Sawsbuck is a very useful Pokémon and its Normal/Grass Typing is unique. STAB Normal Moves are very welcome to have. My favourite form is the Autumn Form, for whatever reason only the Spring form Deerling is catchable in Gen 6. The other forms can only be obtained by importing from Gen 5 or trading.

That video is fitting as one of my main memories of the anime is Ash saying 'What's That?' when seeing practically any Pokémon, even those he's seen before. :)

I have given you a Deerling for your team.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Hello! New to the forums, and wanted to join in! ^_^

- Your nickname: Jazhoom is a combination of my middle name and my first name's nick name...but I usually go by just Jaz (pronounced like the music!)

- Your Grass-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Oddish!

- Reason for joining the club: I love grass Pokemon! Bulbasaur and Chikorita were my starters as a kid, and I can't wait to use the new Owl-Grass type! With so many different breeds, and their status effect moves, I feel like they just fit in with nature so well.

- Answer to the current topic: Who is your favourite Grass Type and what makes it so special to you? My favorite Grass Type happens to be my campain partner! Haha. I LOVE Oddish. I love her voice, I love her simple design, and I love all 3 of her evolutions. Vileplum is great to battle with, and Bellossom is adorable to look at...but Gloom is usually where I keep her. I love her drool-y face and I imagine everyone around me thinking she smells gross but I don't even notice. Haha. One of the first episodes I saw of Pokemon was the one with Oddish, and I thought the way she talked was so cute. Any time I RP on the fly, I always pull out an Oddish who later evolves into Gloom.

Thanks everyone!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Welcome! Oddish is my favorite as well :) I prefer Bellossom but Vileplume is pretty awesome too.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Heeeeey everyone, guess who's back? That's right, it's the Garden's very own and favorite Rain T.! ;)

On to the topic that I'm...98% sure is the current one? And one that I definitely feel like I've answered many times. Hmm... Anyway, my favorite is, without a doubt, Serperior! Snivy was the first Pokemon I ever got, and its final evolution may partially its place as my number one favorite for that reason, but I also love the design. It's a super regal snake that's colored green with a bit of yellow. Green with a bit of yellow. Hold on... *eyes her current character theme* Mystery solved. I love Serperior because snakes are the best, Snivy was my first Pokemon, and it has the same general color scheme as Peridot. Yup.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Some random Grass Pokémon related news, I caught a Shiny Female Hoppip whilst horde EV training. It seems the games like giving me Grass Shinys even when I am not looking for them. :)

Until the 24th July all owners of the games Pokémon Z, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire will be able to obtain the Pokemon Shaymin from the Nintendo Network. It's one per cartridge so it is possible to obtain multiple Shaymin. :)

1. Have you ever used Shaymin and do you prefer it's Land or Sky Form?

2. Shaymin is one of two Grass Mythical Event Pokémon, the other being Celebi. Which do you prefer and why?

3. What do you think of Shaymin's design and battle capabilities?

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
    Until the 24th July all owners of the games Pokémon Z, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire will be able to obtain the Pokemon Shaymin from the Nintendo Network. It's one per cartridge so it is possible to obtain multiple Shaymin.

I have not ever actually used Shaymin in battle, despite obtaining one. I just feel no desire to. I prefer to work without legendaries (Though that makes it difficult to have fun with the Battle Spot as it seems everyone absolutely must put together entire teams of Arceusdamn legendary Pokemon! It pisses me off. Especially when it's an entire team of shiny legendary Pokemon.) so haven't battled with Shaymin yet. In regards to design though, I think if prefer Land Form. It's just so...so..ADORABLE! And that attitude it displayed in the movie!

2. Shaymin is one of two Grass Mythical Event Pokémon, the other being Celebi. Which do you prefer and why?
    I can't speak for which I'd prefer in battle because I've never even OWNED a Celebi, and as stated have had no desire yet to use Shaymin, but going off of design and what's been shown in the movies/anime, I have to say I prefer Shaymin. Overall, it's cuter and as I previously said, I just love the attitude it displayed in Giratina and the Sky Warrior! Not to mention I have an issue with the fact that Celebi hasn't been changed to Grass/Fairy yet.

Shaymin's design is pretty great. Both forms have coloring that makes sense and looks nice, and Land Form is pretty damn adorable (as I've stated many times now). All I say for the battle capabilities is that from what I've glanced over, Shaymin's move pool is...shallow.

Continuing the mention of shiny Grass types, I believe I made a post many months back happily proclaiming my capture of a shiny Gloom on OR. Well, that Gloom (nicknamed Lucky) has thus been evolved into Bellossom, has had it Cuteness maxed out with PokeBlocks, and is now killing it in Cuteness contests with a Rest/Snore combo, Return, and Infestation. I've never been so happy doing Contest Spectaculars. Yay~

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Since Pokkén Tournament is going to be getting a new character very soon, and there's currently just one playable Grass-type character, I propose a new topic:

Which Grass-type Pokémon would make a good playable character in Pokkén Tournament?
    (Obviously you don't need to design an entire moveset, but get as in-depth as you like!)

There are a fair few Grass-types that would make great additions to the Pokkén roster (some more obviously than others), but I'd quite like to see Sawsbuck.

Suicune proves that quadrupedal Pokémon fit in just fine, and while Sawsbuck lacks arms (or even vines!) to perform a grab attack, it can learn Grass Knot via TM, which would fill that roll quite nicely.

Aromatherapy would work as one of Sawsbuck's Duel Mode stances, and would remove negative statuses.

It would mostly use kicks and its antlers for attacking, but for range there's always Energy Ball and Seed Bomb. Its Burst Attack would draw on its affinity for the seasons, being called something like Seasons' Wrath, and would subject the foe to Summer heat, Autumn gales, Winter frosts, and Spring growth.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Until the 24th July all owners of the games Pokémon Z, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire will be able to obtain the Pokemon Shaymin from the Nintendo Network. It's one per cartridge so it is possible to obtain multiple Shaymin. :)

1. As I have never used a Shaymin until this month (As I did not play Pokémon during Fourth Gen and was therefore unable to obtain a Shaymin). I echo Rain T's sentiments that the Land Forme is very cute. I feel that the two Forms look significantly different so much they could even be different Genders. The adorable Land Forme for me is Female whilst the Sky Forme seems male to me.

2. I prefer Celebi mainly because I have used it a lot more. I was traded one last year and enjoyed using the little Grass Fairy but it irks me that Celebi is not Grass/Fairy considering its appearance and its (Nearly impossible to obtain legitimately) Shiny Form being Pink.

3. As I have barely used Shaymin in battle I Can't comment on its battling capabilities but it is exceptionally cute and as I have a tendency of using Cute Pokémon in Pokémon Contests (My signature Contest Pokémon is my Shiny Lilligant Jessica) I may try using the Land Forme in the ORAS Super Contests.

Since Pokkén Tournament is going to be getting a new character very soon, and there's currently just one playable Grass-type character, I propose a new topic:

Which Grass-type Pokémon would make a good playable character in Pokkén Tournament?
    (Obviously you don't need to design an entire moveset, but get as in-depth as you like!)

There are a fair few Grass-types that would make great additions to the Pokkén roster (some more obviously than others), but I'd quite like to see Sawsbuck.

Suicune proves that quadrupedal Pokémon fit in just fine, and while Sawsbuck lacks arms (or even vines!) to perform a grab attack, it can learn Grass Knot via TM, which would fill that roll quite nicely.

Aromatherapy would work as one of Sawsbuck's Duel Mode stances, and would remove negative statuses.

It would mostly use kicks and its antlers for attacking, but for range there's always Energy Ball and Seed Bomb. Its Burst Attack would draw on its affinity for the seasons, being called something like Seasons' Wrath, and would subject the foe to Summer heat, Autumn gales, Winter frosts, and Spring growth.

I like this question and will add it to the opening post. :)

Sawsbuck is a very underrated Pokémon (It was the Star of my Grass White Monotype) and its four forms could help give alternate costumes to the Pokemon without needing Palette swaps if both people want to play as the same Pokémon.

Whilst it is not my favourite Grass Pokémon Carnivine could work well. I imagine it could shoot vines out of its hands similar to Dhalsim of Street Fighter's well known stretchy arms.

I think it would be nice if it could use Sludge Bomb as its range attack.

It's Burst Attack could involve Carnivine swallowing its opponent whole causing significant damage.

Carnivine is the Grass Pokémon I sometimes forget exists so a playable appearance in Pokkén Tournament would help increase awareness of the Pokemon.

Name changes have now come into effect (Like I am now LilyGardy) if you have also changed your Username please let me know so I can update it in the Original Post.

Shiny Pokémon Update

Just after posting I went Dexnav hunting for a Shiny Oddish. After a Chain of only 43 I found a Shiny Green Female Oddish and nicknamed it Bridget after Beauty Bridget in Celadon Gym. Initially I was going to evolve it into a Vileplume but the stats guy said it has a 0 in Special Attack. Theoretically I could make a Swords Dance Vileplume and hope it works out but instead I think I am going to evolve her into a Purple Bellossom and use her as my signature Contest Pokémon. After all I use my Shiny Lilligant for battling too and I have always imagined Contest Pokémon being used exclusively for that purpose rather than for battling. :) One more thing I nicknamed her Bridget without seeing any of the stats and her characteristic is quite fittingly 'Somewhat Vain'.

Last edited:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • Hi! It's been way too long since I've stepped in here. Sorry about that! >_< I'll answer the last few topics.

Is Leafeon your favorite Eeveelution? Why or why not?
    It's probably like my third favorite or so. And it's only because I really love Glaceon's design and because I grew a sort of soft spot for Flareon because people pick on it, haha.

Who is your favourite Grass Pokémon and why is it so special to you?
    I remember mentioning this around the time I first joined, and then someone posted a plush and I squee'd (it might've even been the same plush I have right behind me). But yeah, it's Chespin (which is my all-time favorite, by the way). When it was first revealed, I was immediately taken by its charm; that smile is contagious! Also, it looks so huggable. :P

Until the 24th July all owners of the games Pokémon Z, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire will be able to obtain the Pokemon Shaymin from the Nintendo Network. It's one per cartridge so it is possible to obtain multiple Shaymin.

Oh, I forgot about the distribution. I'll need to remember to pick it up when I'm not lazy.

1. I've used Shaymin once. It was actually for one of the Favorites Challenges (for B2/W2) here at PC. Although I used the land form, its sky form is really my favorite of all legendaries.

2. Shaymin, only because of Skymin's existence. I like the design and the spunky face it has.

3. (I keep answering the next question indirectly by accident!) Shaymin's pretty cute, but I really love Skymin's design. This reminds me of that sky form hoax by purplekecleon way back in the day; a lot of people liked that design, but Shaymin probably wouldn't be my favorite legendary if the official Skymin didn't exist. As for battle capabilities, it's cool that Skymin is an annoying special sweeper. I only have experience with land Shaymin (cycling back to question 1), and it was in a challenge run where I also had Shuckle and four unevolved pokémon. Needless to say, I'm grateful that Shaymin was on the team; it was absolutely indispensible and actually did not faint once until I got to Champion Iris. In short, its battle capabilities are great, especially with Leech Seed!

I'm not too familiar with Pokkén Tournament, so I can't really go into detail, but I think Breloom and Chesnaught would be good characters (the fact that they're both fighting-types is coincidence, I swear). Breloom would probably have a unique fighting style relative to the current roster, I guess kinda boxing-ish. Chesnaught is there because I'm biased would be a more tanky type with a focus on shields (Spiky Shield would have to be in there).

Apologies for the wall of text! :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021

Parasect is another Pokémon that I think would be an interesting fighter.
    Mostly, I think its Burst Attack could end up being borderline macabre, but without crossing into overly extreme territory.

Parasect would shower its foe with spores. Mushrooms start to sprout all over the foe's body, slowly draining its HP, until the rival Pokémon is completely covered in mushrooms and rendered immobile. The mushrooms then burst all at once into spores, dealing heavy damage and knocking the foe to the ground.

Plus, its scuttly body and small stature would make fighting it like fighting a headcrab or a facehugger.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Which Grass-type Pok?mon would make a good playable character in Pokk?n Tournament?

I can see Roserade become a playable character. I think it is kinda popular and it fit well with the game, you don't think so?
    Not the quickest, not the strongest, but a well balanced fighter.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Since I last posted I have caught two more Shiny Grass Types - A Shiny Female Oddish called Melanie which is now a Shiny Orange Petalled Vileplume. Vileplume is one of my favourite Grass Pokémon and I have wanted to have a Shiny version of my own for some time. :) I also caught a Shiny Female Shroomish called Laura which is now a Shiny Breloom which now knows Spore and False Swipe and will be my Pokémon catching buddy. :)

If you were suddenly transformed into a Grass Type Pokemon which Pokémon would you like to be transformed into and why?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Hummm thhe newest grass type pokemin is so beautiful, forgot its name bur love it already!

If I become a grass type, I want to be snivy. I think I like the cool sassy attitude XD

Hey guys what do you think of the new form of Exeggute? I don't want to start a new subject hehe but I am really curious about you opinion? :)

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years

If you were suddenly transformed into a Grass Type Pokemon which Pokémon would you like to be transformed into and why?

I'd want to be a....Serperior! Alright, who saw this one coming? {XD} Serperior is my favorite Pokemon (as has been mentioned many times before). Also, this Mega:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I like the new Grass Pokémon revealed (Fomantis and it's evolved form Lurantis a lot). It reminds me a lot of a physically orientated Lilligant with its pure Grass Typing and it's elegant appearance. The two also have similar Pokedex entries as the backstory says Lurantis needs to be taken care of by its trainer similar to Lilligant. I will almost certainly use one for my initial run of Sun/Moon. :)

Exeggutor's new form is...interesting. Exeggutor is one of the few Grass Pokémon I have hardly used and I feel it's new form is unlikely to change that. Grass/Dragon is a nice typing but Mega Sceptile already has it.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Now that fanart DOES show a Grass/Dragon Type. :0. Mega Serperior being Grass/Dragon makes too much sense. :)

If you could be transformed into a Grass Pokémon which would it be and why?

As I have been turned into one quite a few times in the Pokemon Trivia section the Pokemon I would like to be transformed into would be my favourite Pokemon Lilligant. As a Lilligant I think I will have a Gentle Nature and would help look after other Pokemon and help cheer my trainer up if I have one. I also feel I will be used more as a Companion/Contest Pokémon over battling and will take a Leaf out of Ash's Pikachu's book by being a 'Walking Pokemon' who spends the majority of time outside her Pokeball. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021

This was a tough one. I had to do some serious whittling to get to my final choice, which is: Rowlet!

My biggest criteria was that I'd like to keep having hands, or at least some way to manipulate objects. Because of all the vines, that didn't really cut the list down very much...
    Then I figured, a bipedal form would be easiest to adjust to. That still left a few choices, but Treecko and Chespin became the clear front-runners.
    With Treecko, I'd have two awesome evolutions to look forward to, plus a Mega.
    With Chespin, my final evolution would be great of course, but there's that awkward middle stage too...
    Treecko takes the lead.

But then, it became apparent that the leaked final Evos for the Alola starters were very probably legit, and "Robin Hoot" is just too badass to pass up.
    Sure Rowlet doesn't have hands (and probably no vines either) but his final evo does. Plus: flight!
    Turn me into a Rowlet!

Kinda related: Alola's new Grass-types are pretty good looking so far, but how about that Grass Z-Move? It looks really cool, but that name is... weak. "Bloom Doom"? It's not too late to change that, right? Pleeeaaaase.

Back