• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Well according to some in D/P theres in game location data that shows its possible to trade with a possible G/S/C remake. So its probable that a G/S/C remake will exist. But theres only way to find out if said data is real... RIP OPEN A D/P ROM AND CONFIRM THE EXISTANCE OF SAID DATA

You've seen the screenshots of Pokemon Diamond where you could make it say Johto right? That's proof enough :/

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    They could be edited images, I believe they're real as I know someone who uses Pokésav and has Pokémon with 'Johto' as a captured location. -_-

Ugh, I want remake RAWWWR!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Wow just saw this and I say that they will make a G/S remake. Along with that the Y/C/E for D/P will come out a year after. And then that is it for pokemon in my opinion. Why? Cause what next a 5th generation remake of Hoenn? The most retarted region of them all. Sorry for that but I have an idea that if nintedo could do it it would be great. D/P came withy connection with R/S/FR/LG/E to trade pokemon but what kind of connection with them will DS/DG(dawn silver/dusk gold as we are all knowing it as)have? If they do make it why did they release FR/LG? The biggest point of G/S was being able to go back to Kanto. So what I'm trying to say is that my heory is simple. Have FR/LG in the gba slot and play the gba version in DS style or do the same thing with R/S/E(bhopefully not for hoenn games). You have heard my opinion theory and would like to be critisized for this!!!

KingCJ

I love food!
    Years
    I loved playing Gold and Silver when I had them.

I would like to see a remake but there are some things that would need improving, like slightly longer route/dungeon length.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Wow just saw this and I say that they will make a G/S remake. Along with that the Y/C/E for D/P will come out a year after. And then that is it for pokemon in my opinion. Why? Cause what next a 5th generation remake of Hoenn? The most retarted region of them all. Sorry for that but I have an idea that if nintedo could do it it would be great. D/P came withy connection with R/S/FR/LG/E to trade pokemon but what kind of connection with them will DS/DG(dawn silver/dusk gold as we are all knowing it as)have? If they do make it why did they release FR/LG? The biggest point of G/S was being able to go back to Kanto. So what I'm trying to say is that my heory is simple. Have FR/LG in the gba slot and play the gba version in DS style or do the same thing with R/S/E(bhopefully not for hoenn games). You have heard my opinion theory and would like to be critisized for this!!!

Even though you could go to Kanto in G/S, the region was somewhat different, no?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Even though you could go to Kanto in G/S, the region was somewhat different, no?
    Yeah but still it was different but not that much. And I also got another reason for this. The hero in R/B/Y was the final hardest trainer right? So what better way then be able to battle your Hall of Fame from FR/LG as Red your character form those two. You know same team altered with some changes same name and that is it really. Confusing I know but damn cool if it happens. Oh also forgot to say. The kanto leaders say how good your battles were from FR/LG and how cool was the last pokemon you used. Nice or wht?

sandcrawler

slacking off in my spare time.
    Years
    I thought a remake would be suitable for gen 5, as remakes for gen 1 was made in gen 3. We can still get Johto Pokemon without trading from the actual games.

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Well because it wasnt the best pkm game

-(Blue/Red were The best.but they had bad
    graphics and were outdated that's
    why they made a remake for them.)

But g/s already had ok graphics and alot of stuff in it.
    So I think that people could just play the original G/S.

but everybody has different opinions, so dont start hating on me:D

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    The reason most people DONT play the old G/S/C games is because they don't work anymore. The internal battery usual runs out in most of the cartridges (happened twice to me).

Plus most people would like Johto pokemon on their D/P, and don't say just play Colosseum or XD beccause the Gamecube is practically dead on most of us don't feel like beating the game to get a certain pokemon.

JoeFCards

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    According to PokeBeach, a Beckett (I think) magazine said something about the release of Pokemon Platinum. Since it's an unofficial source, who knows if it's really true? They also don't know if it will be the Y/C/E of D/P or G/S remake... or another game entirey (hopefully not). Platinum is a metal, so it very likely could be a G/S remake, but it's odd how it's just 1 game (they normally come in twos).

there is a Platnum version, and it is a G/S/C Remake pm me because I cant post urls yet. Or look at my sig.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    No its a fan game.
    Anyway theory time!!!(don't know why I post this as people tend to ignore me).
    Nintendo my a copyright for 5 poke-game names right? Two of those we know where they are going. Three acually. Dusk gold,dawn silver, and opal. The 4th one gets to me: White Gold. Gold isn't white is it? Or is it?! Hmhm anyway my theory is will nintendo release both remakes of gold or remakes of silver. What they can't with dusk gold taking up the name for gold is probably what your thinking right know but listen. Dusk gold could be the silver remake and white gold could be the gold remake. stupid I know but whatt can we do

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    You've seen the screenshots of Pokemon Diamond where you could make it say Johto right? That's proof enough :/

No, because there are people in the world who conjure up fake images just to get our hopes up and make us angry in the end. We can confirm the existance of said data we just need someone to rip open a D/P ROM to see if the said data actually exists...

No its a fan game.
    The 4th one gets to me: White Gold. Gold isn't white is it? Or is it?!

White gold is an alloy which is gold mixed with either silver, nickel, platnium (a silvery metal which is more valuable) or palladium (another precious metal which is a family member of platnium)... So maybe a Pokemon WhiteGold could be a Gold/Silver remake with Pokes of both versions combined into one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    No, because there are people in the world who conjure up fake images just to get our hopes up and make us angry in the end. We can confirm the existance of said data we just need someone to rip open a D/P ROM to see if the said data actually exists...

I have done it myself in Pokesav, it works just as the screenshots show.
    I understand your stance on not believing until said evidence is shown, but you've seen the screenshots, and they are not fake.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I want a remake....BUT,
    with different hero, heroin, villain, crime cyndicates.
    no Kanto... but you can travel to some resort island! You know like the Sevii Islands.
    Add Pokemon Contest.
    I have a question,,, so where are they going to put the GTS for Johto...?
    Olivine City, Goldenrod City or... a new Island/Place

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I want a remake....BUT,
    with different hero, heroin, villain, crime cyndicates.
    no Kanto... but you can travel to some resort island! You know like the Sevii Islands.
    Add Pokemon Contest.
    I have a question,,, so where are they going to put the GTS for Johto...?
    Olivine City, Goldenrod City or... a new Island/Place
    good question,i'd have to say...Goldenrod.I think so cuz its just *one of those cities*. :P

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Well in the Japanese version of Pokémon Crystal they had the 'Pokémon Communication Center' in place of the Pokémon Center in Goldenrod City. It used a sort of primitive version of the WiFi we use today, but it was used through Mobile Phones. Because the GBC Mobile Adapter wasn't released anywhere else in the world, the PCC was completely ripped out. So it'll probably just be in place of the PCC. More info on the Pokémon Communication Center: 1 2.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back