• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Guys look!!
    I notice something on FR/LG!!(some of you may know it though...)

I read Lance's Fame Checker message to me:
    I'm considering going back to my hometown*1.
    I want to retrain my DRAGON-type POKeMON and strengthen them.
    I'd like to invite you to my hometown*2 one day.
    *1&2 - Blackthorn City

A young man from Indigo Plateau stated:
    From what I've heard, LANCE has a cousin who's a GYM LEADER*3 somewhere far away*4.
    *3 - Clair, Blackthorn Gym, Gym Leader
    *4 - Johto

A Journal in Indigo Plateau had this written:
    LANCE's grandfather* is thought to be the elder of a famous clan of dragon masters.
    *5 - Old man in Dragon Den shrine

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Yes acually that does hint to it as most newbies not know much of jhoto. So they then release a gs remake to explain those lines and everyone is happy. '
    And that also hints that lance in a gs remakes could not be the champion of the E4. he could very well be the gym leader in blackthorn and clair is byebye. In dragons den perferably for an uber cool battle. And who else could be champion! I say red. Mt. Silver could serve as some kinda training area and a home to a legendary of some sorts as they can fit about 11 legneds this time!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Eh, not terribly convinced by some dialogue in FR/LG... would be a rather early time to drop hints on what could happen in the remake, possibly a bit too early IMO. And besides that, the only other one I can think of is the probably reference to GSC's rival (person says that 'Giovanni's kid had red hair'...

Still, is something, I guess... :/ Good picks, but IMO they don't mean as much as the diamond/pearl references as it's been a good while since FR/LG - doubt they've been seriously planning or decided to have made GSC remake then. Firstly they'd have to see if the 4th gen games sold well, which they did. But they couldn't have known that then...
    So they then release a gs remake to explain those lines and everyone is happy. '
    ...but what is there to explain? It's just some reusage of stuff from GSC, and I doubt there'd be many people at all who played FR/LG wondering what the hell they meant by Lance's stuff... meh.
    And that also hints that lance in a gs remakes could not be the champion of the E4. he could very well be the gym leader in blackthorn and clair is byebye. In dragons den perferably for an uber cool battle. And who else could be champion! I say red. Mt. Silver could serve as some kinda training area and a home to a legendary of some sorts as they can fit about 11 legneds this time!
    Again - I really doubt this is really a 'hint' for what could be in a possible GSC remake - this piece of 'info' was in a game made long ago. Very unlikely it hints towards anything if one thinks abou it, and simply more likely they'd keep things the same.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Yes acually that does hint to it as most newbies not know much of jhoto. So they then release a gs remake to explain those lines and everyone is happy. '
    Maybe Lance and Clair switch their position(not THAT position!! Drools, lol)
    Remember Clair(in G/S/C) said that she could beat the Elite Four? I think that really goes well with linksmash's conclusion.
    Eh, not terribly convinced by some dialogue in FR/LG... would be a rather early time to drop hints on what could happen in the remake, possibly a bit too early IMO. And besides that, the only other one I can think of is the probably reference to GSC's rival (person says that 'Giovanni's kid had red hair'...

Still, is something, I guess... :/ Good picks, but IMO they don't mean as much as the diamond/pearl references as it's been a good while since FR/LG - doubt they've been seriously planning or decided to have made GSC remake then. Firstly they'd have to see if the 4th gen games sold well, which they did. But they couldn't have known that then...

...but what is there to explain? It's just some reusage of stuff from GSC, and I doubt there'd be many people at all who played FR/LG wondering what the hell they meant by Lance's stuff... meh.
    Again - I really doubt this is really a 'hint' for what could be in a possible GSC remake - this piece of 'info' was in a game made long ago. Very unlikely it hints towards anything if one thinks abou it, and simply more likely they'd keep things the same.
    IKR?
    Hehehe, actually DM/PL are games from two years ago... So you could consider the hints old too, no?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I have a question: These games are targeted at children, Do they really have that complx of a plot? I don't think most 10 year olds are going to be able to understand it, so why put it in?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Uh really now if they are going to remake 10 year old games they obviously will put the old fans in mind(acually look at platinum. that thing was so full of fandom i was druling) and thus this could be a whole thing to make note of. I really hope they do hange positions.
    Offtopic: Icicle you know tha that rude-ish comment you made is reffering to a thing called incest?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I have a question: These games are targeted at children, Do they really have that complx of a plot? I don't think most 10 year olds are going to be able to understand it, so why put it in?
    Hmm... Maybe we're thinking too much... The in-game evidence is nothing at all...
    Offtopic: Icicle you know tha that rude-ish comment you made is reffering to a thing called incest?
    Mommy, I'm insulted!! Wah!! You meanie... lol )x

You shouldn't take it too serious I was just kidding... And afterall, did you know that there are Lance X Clair shipping(I'm not a supporter of this shipping...). So don't say that's rude or the the shippers'll kill ya. XD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I know there is but anyway lets not go down shippers lane...
    I wouldnt say we are thinking to much. I think we are imagning to much. but it all comes down to this:
    Why the hell put jhoto region data in-game if your not going to use it?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hehehe, actually DM/PL are games from two years ago... So you could consider the hints old too, no?
    Certainly much younger the the FR/LG ones you mentioned, which are also dwarfed in size by the number of 'hints' DP had. IMO the sheer number of those hints, and them being coupled with the in-game coding and all of that jazz (which has a GSC remake being possible in the 4th gen - the same gen as DP), far outways the odd throw-away references.

Besides, what else would you say about Lance? He did come from there, and has a cousin who lives there and all... pretty significant info about him, which I wouldn't see being replaced by other trival info regardless of whether they had at that stage wanted a GS remake or not. Which I highly doubt - FR/LG was a few more years ago, and there's no point planning more games on a diffferent console (from the GBA to the DS) if you're not sure if it will sell as well as before.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016

they were original targeted at children, but secretly a lot "older" kids and even adults are playing pokemon. I have already met quite a few people who are adult and still love the pokemon games (and then I mean really LOVE the games, seeing the way they talk), even some who are 30+. no joke. so am I not hiding myself, I admit that I'm 17 year and that I LOVE the pokemon games and am still playing the games. and I think that Game Freak knows that, or at least a bit.

if you look at the first pokemon game(s?), you see that there weren't that much complot. besides the real important ones, of course, like in cinnebar mansion with the story about mew in the diaries, which became a movie. but look at the games, they haven't changed, but they have much more complot (and even slowly more story?) than the previous games. so like you said, why make those complot and stories if 10 year old children don't understand that? I think Game Freak is secretly doing that for the older people who do understand that (and are even going to think too much about it, like us).
    even better, look at the pokemon mystery dungeon games. they have a great story, but will children really understand that? I don't think so, maybe most of it through the animations, but I don't think that they understand it that well. but surely not everything.

but the best reason (in my opinion), why have they put in IV and EV if children don't understand anything of it. seriously, IV/EV were already in Gold and Silver (or even in Red and Blue? I don't remember...), but I just heard about it when FireRed and LeafGreen were released. yes that late, I was 10 when I got Gold and Silver you know. of course, the main reason of IV and EV was that pokemons would never be the same, but do children care about that? I really doubt that, for them, pokemon is pokemon, they pick their favorite pokemon and fight. even without IV and EV, pokemon would be a great game. at least by the children, dunno about the "older ones".
    come to think of it, anyone wondered why there aren't IV/EV in the pokemon mystery dungeon games? they could be easly added. I think that it's because there wasn't as much freedom (in terms of walking around the world, in PMD it was just chose a dungeon and find the stairs all the time). it was an easy game (beside the lvl.1 and zero isle dungeons), if IV/EV were in, then it would be a walk in the park (well, if you work much with IV/EV). then there was no fun.

phew, that was a long text. I don't want to discourage or encourage the change of a G/S remake or anything, but all I want to say is that I don't think that Game Freak still makes pokemon just for children, but also for the "older" children and adults.

I wouldnt say we are thinking to much. I think we are imagning to much. but it all comes down to this:

well, I suppose that they do that just in case if they really need it. then they have something to get money from. really, think of it, if a G/S remake is suddenly released, how many people will buy it? I bet for a hella lot. so unless the seriously plan for a remake, I think they just made it for the case they need it.

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
    Years
    I dunno, I found the original gold and silver lacking depth...

I feel there should have been more work done on Johto and 'new' Kanto in general and delayed till newer tech was available.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well platinum got a total number of over 700,00 buys in the first 3 days think bout a world release of the gsds remake!! Probably 3-4 million by my guess.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Ok, ok. We'll not talk about it again either. Good for us and good for everyone! =D

Maybe Nintendo is tricking us(toying us), they wanted us to think that they'll make GSDS... But at the end of the day, nothing was produce about GSDS.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I'm not too sure about a remake just yet, they've just finished Platinum, and will probably be focusing on future games.

Plus they've fixed the connection thing with Fr/Lg, so we can get all the Johoto/Kanto Pokemon transferred to our Diamond, Pearl and Platinum game systems.

So I'd say it isn't very likely at all.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I'm not too sure about a remake just yet, they've just finished Platinum, and will probably be focusing on future games.

Plus they've fixed the connection thing with Fr/Lg, so we can get all the Johoto/Kanto Pokemon transferred to our Diamond, Pearl and Platinum game systems.

So I'd say it isn't very likely at all.
    Actually Emerald and FR/LG were release at the same year...(You could consider this fact as reference...)

What's that? If you are refering to Pal Park, then I'll tell you... The first player of DM/PL already activated Pal Park 2 years ago... lol

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    The only thing going for a GS Remake right now, is that the DSi has no GBA Slot, but surely they wouldn't make a whole new DS system just to make a GS Remake

The Wave

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    The only thing going for a GS Remake right now, is that the DSi has no GBA Slot, but surely they wouldn't make a whole new DS system just to make a GS Remake

yeah, but they could make a DS G/S remake. would be great, especially if it gets some wifi features. but personally, I prefer a GBA remake. I liked the GBA versions more somehow...

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    They've already made GBA Remakes, I doubt they are gonna Re-Remake a game xD

I doubt that there is gonna be a difference in game chips for DS/DSi although the bigger screens may screw things up a bit...

The Wave

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    re-remakes? what do you talk about? I've only said a DS remake of G/S would fix the no GBA slot in the DSi problem. I never said a remake of Firered/Leafgreen (hell no, that would be a stupid move).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back