• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Pokemon isnt that dead...yet. If they keep going the way they are now, even the poor misguided younger children of today wont be able to keep the fanbase up enough so that it keeps going. But yes of course, there will be a 5th gen...but personally, I wouldnt hope for more that 6th or 7th gen, maybe 8th.

I agree with everything you said but persona;;y it feels like the fanbase is stronger than ever and a remake can help keep the older fans like me and attract new ones.

Years
    I agree with everything you said but persona;;y it feels like the fanbase is stronger than ever and a remake can help keep the older fans like me and attract new ones.
    Its sad how crappy Pokemon is now...not the games, but the TCG and the anime has turned to absolute crap. And the ONLY reason it still exists is because the young children of today are basically being taught not to use their brain and not think for themselves, so they participate in the crap and ignore the good movies nd video games.

Oh, and I've personally witnessed the TCG thing for myself- I once was always around a group of small children in church who didnt look at rareity, nor did they care if they had the proper cards to use them- they would trade a very rare card for a common...which had 150hp, while the rare would have 90. And the kids didnt even play by the rules....so sad.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Okay I agree that the TCG sucks but the anime is still good to me. I wouldnt mind if a remake to place if they went to chronicles again.

Years
    Okay I agree that the TCG sucks but the anime is still good to me. I wouldnt mind if a remake to place if they went to chronicles again.
    The anime does have its moments, but still...its not as good as it once was. I do think they should keep going with Chronicles, because it was like the old Pokemon and showed us what was going on while Ash was going his thing...again.

But what I find funny is how people hear about the hacked Shiny Gold and think its a remake for DS...and they always ask why it doesnt look like D/P and looks like FR/LG...

Big duh. But I would love to play a remake of G/S/C

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It just makes me wonder what events will there be, I hope for a mew, Celebi and Jirachi event.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I ain't really 'daft' wether they make a remake or not...... but knowing Nintendo, even if their 'was' a 2 year span for Generation V, I've a feeling that Nintendo will 'not' bother to remake G/S/C (as most of Generation II pokemons can be captured in Colosseum, FR/LG, and XD GOD
    Hmm, yes, yet... if the Kanto legendary birds are available in 4th gen games, AND the Regis too, then why is there a convinent absence of any 2nd gen legendaries in 4th gen games? Sure, like all the others, one can get them from 3rd gen games, but Colosseum/XD/FR-LG (in which one can get one if they encounter it luckily AND catch it, only one out of three and they always have bad IVs due to programming) isn't nearly as other legendaries being 'available' straight from Platinum.

And as I've said a few times before - main reason for Nintendo to make something = possible profit regarding $$$. Which a GSC remake certainly is. Not that it 'will' happen by any means (same as that it won't 'definately not happen'), but certainly a major point.
    But chances of them remaking it (despite seeing a lot of evidence) would be either 25 to 50%.

Another thing that would bother me that if they DID decide to remake it...... they would leave the storyline as the same. Keep the difficulty the same (yes that means you'll be fighting the Elite Four who's highest was level 50 and won't retrain), and such and such.
    I am most interested as to where you pulled thos chances from. -_- Speculate all one wants what the chance may be (and 50% is nowhere near 'nigh impossible' - ???), there's no real point on doing so. One can only draw on the fact that due to all this 'evidence' - a GS remake has been at least considered by Nintendo, and that there's very little that goes near to possibly confirming it, and nothing that denies it.

I also ruled jump to the conclusion that they would keep everything the same because they did with FR/LG, although I will say it's none too likely the storyline woul be changed IMO, if a remake was made. I wouldn't mind too much though as GSC storyline >>> RBY's.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Next time i see both of those FAKE pics im going to bash my heads. If i said that everytime i saw them i would have died from blleding and to many concusions. Ts fake not real fan made you get it? Otherwise we wouldnt be here fussing bout such a matter.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    They may be fake, but you can't say they don't look like the real thing(if there will be one).

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    yeah, I agree that the pics looked real, and I did hoped that it was real. but I sadly knew that it just can't be real among facts like why the boxart should be released before the announcement.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    What interests me is that how are people able to make the sprites look like gold.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    there is no reason y they can't do a remake but u can get most johto pokemon on D/P somehow

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Yeah, on the DS, but on the DSi there is no game boy slot, so you can't get Johto Pokemon without cheating and I don't think Nintendo would approve of that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I wonder what extras they will add to the Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes. The only thing I can think of is a new location or time travel to a place in either the past, future or both. Though it is up to the Pokemon Company to decide.

Wouldn't the GSC character outfit be at least slighty different, but the same color as they previous were in the second generation games. Didn't Red and Blue get new clothes in Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen although it is almost the same colors as their old clothes or are those update versions of their old clothes. Leaf clothes however is entirely diffferent from her supposed first geneartion self though it is probably because she was lefted out original games for some reason. Pokemon Red and Green were release together in Japan not Pokemon Red and Blue like it was in other countries which means that Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen are the remakes of Pokemon Red and Green and Pokemon Blue was the third version in Japan while Pokemon Yellow was the fourth version of the first generation games. So what I am saying that the GSC characters outfit might resemble what they had in the second generation but might be slighty different.

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    there is no reason y they can't do a remake but u can get most johto pokemon on D/P somehow

After the DS lite ends in trash-cans and gets replaced by the DSi after a few months, the following Pokémon will be unobtainable (if you own D P and Pt you can get all the others ingame):
    A G/S Remake?

The starters from the past 3 gens was obvious, as were the legends (except regis and birds which are in platinum)...

So. The least problematic ones are the hoenn guys, as they're not that many years away yet.

With GS DS, the Johto starters, legends, tediursas shuckles and pinecos are solved.
    And if aynone can remember, there are kanto pokemon in Johto too, such as vulpix,sandshrew,ekans,growlithe,caterpie and weedle to name those which are missing in 4th gen DSi era games. Which are all the Kanto ones =)

With that, the most rare would be Mew, Kanto starters and Mewtwo... Mew needs another ingame event place anyways. I can absolutely imagine the SS anne taking you to faraway island after getting the event ticket =)

For the starters...hmmm... there are many ways how they could make you obtain a kanto starter in the 3year-future GS kanto.... maybe oak would give you one, or ...hey what about the guys from yellow who gave you the starters? kanto will get alot of new stuff anyway IMO to make up for the crap it was in GSC. Too continoue my speculation, put da Mewtwo in it's freakin cerulian cave =D

Then the rarest pokemon species remain Hoenn stuff...
    In sinnoh there's a pokeradar, swarms, safari daily pokes, trophy garden... all of those features like doubled the pokemon you can find in DPPt
    In Johto the swarming pokes were invented! there's a bug catching contest where there could be a daily bug poke from a different region D:
    and of course: "there's a zangoose swarm on route 45 today!" .. or ... "seedot swarm at Ilex forest" etc

All that text makes me wanna play those GS remakes xD

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    After the DS lite ends in trash-cans and gets replaced by the DSi after a few months, the following Pokémon will be unobtainable (if you own D P and Pt you can get all the others ingame):
    A G/S Remake?

The starters from the past 3 gens was obvious, as were the legends (except regis and birds which are in platinum)...

So. The least problematic ones are the hoenn guys, as they're not that many years away yet.

With GS DS, the Johto starters, legends, tediursas shuckles and pinecos are solved.
    And if aynone can remember, there are kanto pokemon in Johto too, such as vulpix,sandshrew,ekans,growlithe,caterpie and weedle to name those which are missing in 4th gen DSi era games. Which are all the Kanto ones =)

With that, the most rare would be Mew, Kanto starters and Mewtwo... Mew needs another ingame event place anyways. I can absolutely imagine the SS anne taking you to faraway island after getting the event ticket =)

For the starters...hmmm... there are many ways how they could make you obtain a kanto starter in the 3year-future GS kanto.... maybe oak would give you one, or ...hey what about the guys from yellow who gave you the starters? kanto will get alot of new stuff anyway IMO to make up for the crap it was in GSC. Too continoue my speculation, put da Mewtwo in it's freakin cerulian cave =D

Then the rarest pokemon species remain Hoenn stuff...
    In sinnoh there's a pokeradar, swarms, safari daily pokes, trophy garden... all of those features like doubled the pokemon you can find in DPPt
    In Johto the swarming pokes were invented! there's a bug catching contest where there could be a daily bug poke from a different region D:
    and of course: "there's a zangoose swarm on route 45 today!" .. or ... "seedot swarm at Ilex forest" etc

All that text makes me wanna play those GS remakes xD

Meh, I have most of those Pokes anyway >.>

and I agree, Johto with a 4th-gen twist would be awesome.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I wonder how they're going to fit all the 3rd gen legendaries into the game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back