• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I really hope they make this remake...It would be awesome!!! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I also wonder if they are going to make some Sinnoh references if they remake the Gold and Silver video games it would be great if they did just like they made Johto references in the fourth generation games.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Its like they want us to speculate on it. They give us these clues but none obvious you know. We just need some kind of legit leak.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I say its going to happen in 09. The clues are also in movies now. yes i take pichu as a clue. Desperate you may call it but i call it obvious things. I mean they made munchlax be the first 4th gen cause it was tied to a 1st gen poke which lucky enough had a remake.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Then I shall call you desparate. :P But I do have to say that I fail to see a link in-between Pichu with slightly different ears... and a GS remake being announced. No link at all, I'm afraid. :/

Munchlax had NOTHING to do with the FR/LG remake - all it did was confirm a fourth generation. No need to jump on every little thing and declare it means there MUST be a GS remake - have patience - it'll be announced when it's announced.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    he probably can't help it(I know I can't), I always find every little info about a game and jump on it and I plan to do it for this too.

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
    I found a few references to Johto in Firered and Leafgreen on Bulbapedia. Most of this stuff is from the Fame Checker; an item overlooked in game.
    Think about this:
    You're a boy who got Pokemon Firered for Christmas. It's your first pokemon game and you're excited. Suddenly you start to see remarks about professor Oak making a Radio Show in the future and that Lance has a cousin who lives 'far away'. You would have no idea what that would mean unless they were complete fans. For that reason, maybe Game Freak are planning Gold and Silver after all.

Of course I might just be talking waffle. Better proof would HAVE to be the Johto data in Diamond and Pearl. Seriously, if they weren't making G/S remakes, why would they put that data in?

supermega_boy

Water Master
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    Guys! I think that they will make a remake for G/S because nintendo already gave us a clue... Just think for a moment in Jasmine(the steel gym leader in Johto). She suddenly appeared in D/p. Maybe that is a clue that there is going to be a G/S remake for DS.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Off-topic:
    Yes i am very desperate and wanting of a remake. Its like drool worthy. Yes i spent in my childhood to many days playing gold silver in the classroom through data cable. That probably was the hardest thing not to mention the wierdest thing we ever did. You can cally desperate jumper and i wont care. I NEED THOSE REMAKES NAOS.

On-topic.
    I found both your points very good hints. hell i take jasmine as a hint to what the story could be like. Yes i want a gs remake to be a sequel to dppt where the events of neo rocket finished and you having to fight of galactic again. But under control of a new face. LOOKER/HANDSOME! I swear if that where to happen i would jump for joy but unfortunately this is game freak we are talking about.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Off-topic:
    Yes i am very desperate and wanting of a remake. Its like drool worthy. Yes i spent in my childhood to many days playing gold silver in the classroom through data cable. That probably was the hardest thing not to mention the wierdest thing we ever did. You can cally desperate jumper and i wont care. I NEED THOSE REMAKES NAOS.

On-topic.
    I found both your points very good hints. hell i take jasmine as a hint to what the story could be like. Yes i want a gs remake to be a sequel to dppt where the events of neo rocket finished and you having to fight of galactic again. But under control of a new face. LOOKER/HANDSOME! I swear if that where to happen i would jump for joy but unfortunately this is game freak we are talking about.

if it had a different plot, then it's wouldn't be a remake =/

That would still be pretty cool though... I doubt that'd ever happen though.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    True but then again gamefreak has been unpredictable lately i mean platinum really made the wow factor jump into the holy wow eyes are bleeding from to much hapiness factor. Anyway i am sure of somethings though:
    Silver and crystal will be treated as rival and friend. DP introduced such a thing and they will surely use it in a gsds thing.
    That happening the story will be a bit tweaked say crystal will have a side story like jun but she is after suicune and after everything is done she goes after suicune in kanto. You follow her there collect 8 more badges in a full kanto (see it might seem useless but this kanto will be unreconizable to the gba one)
    A touch screen full color pokegear. If that doesnt happen ill scream bloody murder.
    More use of the day system and for that im sure of it.

supermega_boy

Water Master
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    In the original gold and silver, you can travel between johto and kanto. If there is a remake for G/S, it would be cool if you can travel from johto to hoenn or sinnoh.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I heard that the Pokemon on the Game Boy Advance games cannot be transfered to the DSi, but that does not neccesarily mean that they are going to remake the Gold and Silver games though I wish it was so. They are not just going give us a remake because of references to Johto in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl we have to show them that we want a remake. If we do not do that they not remake it and go on to the fifth generation and never remake the Gold and Silver game. Anyway how long does it take to make a remake game. I do not think it would take that long to make like a new game would?

Last edited:

Raith1090

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    lol, what was up with the lvl 3 pikachu's near virdian city?
    I'm not really that excited about seeing kanto again :P

Woah what Im Pretty sure Kanto started it all. You need Kanto for it to be a complete G/S adventure. Come on 16 badges!? I can honestly say id rather Collect badges than for them to create another 100 pokemon for me to capture and "catch em all". The game becomes consistently boring when u can demolish the Elite Four. Unless ure an EV trainer. I would buy Gold and Silver remakes the DAY they came out and Nintendo has to know that millions of people would do the same so theyre waiting to release it. they know fans will pounce :P

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    MIka dont get us started on that kinda thing. Hell DP took about 7-8 months to make and platinum 2-3 months after confirmation. The game could be in the works right now but not confirmed till may. Then 2-3 months and boom you have the games out!

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Okay I am sorry I about that I will calm down it is just keep hearing these people who say that there are never going to be a GS remake. I know I should not listen to them because other people are not always right. I will try to have more confidence that they will remake the Gold and Silver games. I will just have to wait patiently until the video games come out.

Last edited:

Raith1090

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    To Mika555

You are right though sort of, they could be making references to hype us up and if the people don't respond they might move on but im doubting a 5th gen i heard a Rumour that Sugimori doesnt want to do another generation BUT just a rumor.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    You are right though sort of, they could be making references to hype us up and if the people don't respond they might move on but im doubting a 5th gen i heard a Rumour that Sugimori doesnt want to do another generation BUT just a rumor.

Where did you get the rumor from? It would be sad if they stop making the Pokemon games. I mean many other video games franchise are at going to their 20th and 30th year. Well if they stop making them we will have to move on and accepted it.:(

If they make a Gold and Silver remke how will they incorporate Leaf in the story because the Gold and Silver remakes will be considered sequels to Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen. I wonder if the player is a boy then he will battle Red and if the player is a girl then she will battle Leaf on Mount Silver? That is just a thought though.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back