• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Wait,whats an ''internal battery'' O_O ?
    It's a battery that's simply within the cartridge (hence the name) - GSC game paks had one so the game could keep time.

Unfortunately, like all batteries, they die or run out over time. And when that happens, the entire game becomes unplayable as a consequence. (Presumably in terms of coding, the entire game reliyed too much on the time feature and hence the internal battery). It started happening a few years ago. Short of replacing the battery (which isn't easy and, so I hear, involves solders), or making use of a charger in a clever way which sometimes brought the battery 'back to life'...

Also, the RSE games also use an internal battery, some which are also dying/running out now. However the consequences are less dire - one only loses the ability to do some time-based things, like berries.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I believe it does.

It's a battery that's simply within the cartridge (hence the name) - GSC game paks had one so the game could keep time.

Unfortunately, like all batteries, they die or run out over time. And when that happens, the entire game becomes unplayable as a consequence. (Presumably in terms of coding, the entire game reliyed too much on the time feature and hence the internal battery). It started happening a few years ago. Short of replacing the battery (which isn't easy and, so I hear, involves solders), or making use of a charger in a clever way which sometimes brought the battery 'back to life'...

Also, the RSE games also use an internal battery, some which are also dying/running out now. However the consequences are less dire - one only loses the ability to do some time-based things, like berries.

actually, the RS Battery thing is just a glitch... connect it to FR/LG or Emerald and it's fixed. (Or wait a year for it to fix itself)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I also am starting to believe that a gs remake is coming but not anytime soon. I mean they wouldnt exactly be releasing pokemon mystery dungeon then expecting it to sell after 2 weeks when theres a remake going about would they! I believe 2010 to be the right year. I mean 2011 will be for the rest of the world then 2012 for gen 5.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I believe it does.

actually, the RS Battery thing is just a glitch... connect it to FR/LG or Emerald and it's fixed. (Or wait a year for it to fix itself)
    No, no - in actual fact, it is separate from the infamous Berry Glitch - although it has the same problems the Belly glitch causes, some of the 'berry glitches' that people are starting to encounter are being caused by the internal battery and not the Berry Glitch.

It's easy enough to tell - in how the problem occurs (if it occurs before or well after a year), and that it cannot be solved by connecting with FR/LG/E, seeing as it is the battery at fault. It's a rare occurance ATM, but it is starting to happen...

Also, I too believe that D/P/Pt use's the DS's clock - after all, if you change the DS's clock, that's the time that changes for the game. And the game doesn't ask for the time either.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    DPPT does use the ds has its internal clock i mean the roms use the computer so the actual games use the ds. Is anyone else agreeing with me that 2010 would be the year of a remake and 2009 year of the 5th gen previewing spinoffs?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I, for the record, am not agreeing with you, Mitchman. :P Sorry, but I'm not into basing things like games release on a relatively short and inconsistant history of previous game releases/announced generations, especially when there is no reason for them to follow it either. (And remember - a GS remake isn't confirmed by any means). Not that it will not happen like this - it easily can, but something else can just as easily happen.

Heck, neither could happen at all...

...although I truely doubt that. -_-

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Unfortunately, like all batteries, they die or run out over time. And when that happens, the entire game becomes unplayable as a consequence.

actually it does let you play the game, just can't save your progress T.T

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
    No, no - in actual fact, it is separate from the infamous Berry Glitch - although it has the same problems the Belly glitch causes, some of the 'berry glitches' that people are starting to encounter are being caused by the internal battery and not the Berry Glitch.

It's easy enough to tell - in how the problem occurs (if it occurs before or well after a year), and that it cannot be solved by connecting with FR/LG/E, seeing as it is the battery at fault. It's a rare occurance ATM, but it is starting to happen...

Yeah, my sister's internal battery in Emerald is dead. for about a year or two now, every time she'd turn it on, it says: "The internal battery has run dry. You can still play the game, however time-based events will no longer occur."

or something like that. XD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Uh actually they have third MD duo coming soon. So while 2009 is going to be spinoff hell 2010 could be paradise. I mean the wouldnt release that duo next to a bigger main duo right? Oh yeah 2009 010 and 2011 will surely be some mystery years.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Uh actually they have third MD duo coming soon. So while 2009 is going to be spinoff hell 2010 could be paradise. I mean the wouldnt release that duo next to a bigger main duo right? Oh yeah 2009 010 and 2011 will surely be some mystery years.

a third PMD game? source(s) please?

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    and what's Coro Coro? yeah I never heard of it. >.<
    but that's great, I love the PMD games! but I still want a G/S remake a bit more...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Coror Coro is a japanese magazine. Basically, if they publish any news on Pokemon, one regards it as legit and given by a properly source. So if they say there's a GS remake to be made, that means there's going to be a GS remake (unless it's the 1st of April of course :P).

Another mystery dungeon game? Eh, we'll see if that's it when the Coro Coro is released.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Okay, first of all. They aren't site for release until 2010-2011. Okay? The names are possibly Pocket Monsters Dusk Gold and Pocket Monsters Dawn Silver. They will do this, if that magazine article about it was fake, your wrong. I would have turned that into a report if it isn't true. But, it was suppose be released next year. Instead, they decided to do Pocket Monsters Platina/Purachina (now known as Platinum). So, it isn't til 2010-2011. We need a new Kanto remake too. I want it on the DS...

I am not trying to be mean, but where exactly are you getting this information from. I will not believe you until you cite a reliable t source. I even heard some person on another website said that they have a relative that works at the Pokemon Company and they are planning on making a GS remake but I have not seen any prove of this or any sources. Many people also said that they are not lying but most of the times it is a reverse psychological statement.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I am not trying to be mean, but where exactly are you getting this information from. I will not believe you until you cite a reliable t source. I even heard some person on another website said that they that they have a relative that works at the Pokemon Company and they are planning on making a GS remake but I have not seen any prove of this or any sources. Many people also said that they are not lying but most of the times it is a reverse psychological statement.
    Indeed - don't start spouting stuff unless you have a crediable source to back up your claims.

And for every game release I've seen in which people are anxious for info (e.g. Brawl), someone has always claimed that their uncle's best friend's sister's dog works for *insertgamecompanyhere* and told him that *soandso*. As a rule, don't trust these - it happens all the time and proves false. Mainly because if you work for a company in making a game, you're not going to be allowed to give out any information about the game unless you've been told to do so.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back