• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Basically yes, and certain things that rely on time - like berries - stop working. The Berry glitch is easily fixable, unlike an internal battery.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Actually i went to my watch shop and i have a brand spanking new super strong internal battery in my silver that will last 10 years. *laughs all egotistical and mockish*
    Anyway dont trust any source wait for a coro coro scan. Sometimes they fake it but we know it as fakes are easy to spot. After a while of searching for such articles it is easy to spot. Anyway i really hoping the new MD is for wii as that opens spots for new ds games besides spinoffs.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    My bet is that it'll probably be a Wii game or a DS spin-off - if the former likely a spin-off too. They may still want to focus on Platinum sales as the main seller at this stage, especially for the *cringe* American release.

Also, serebii.net is another good source I suppose. -_- (It also includes the Coro Coro info).

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Well, I found this on Bulbapedia for FireRed/LeafGreen:

However, Nintendo did trademark a WaterBlue title, suggesting that this may have been considered.

But, there is also something on a GS remake-

Hopes ride high on the assumption that Gold and Silver will get remakes sometime during Generation IV, much like Red and Green were remade during Generation III. This is compounded by Diamond and Pearl's many references to the events and locations of Gold and Silver, as well as in-game data that indicates the possibility of trading with a Johto-based game.

So, will we?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well the waterblue thing is reffering to blue the girl character who is associated to blastoise as red is associated to charizard and green is to venusaur. There was a mix up there but yeah look in the manga why that happened. Any we certainly will. Im hoping sao and it seems so. Im about what 75% sure of it. Due to my gut feeling. And thats never wrong when it comes to pokemon. I mean i was right about shaymin getting a sky forme when everyone believed it was getting an ice forme(which was fake) and that byron would beat ash when he clearly didnt. So then yes im leaving the gut feelinf that is always right that a gs remake is to come this year and its advertised through the pichu in movie 12.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This wait is really irritating me now. People have been discussing this ever since FireRed and LeafGreen were announced(not even released).

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    As i said its hopefully coming out making my right a 3rd time due to my gut feeling. If it doesnt im sure that it would soon as there has to be someway to introduce the region again. I mean most new players are like uh whats jhoto???

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah I completely agree and I am going to trust ur gut feeling because i get the same feeling. There is just way too much evidence that we never had back then and there are two version exclusive pokemon that are currently only obtainable through events.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Or through gba link cable and colloseum but who plays those? Seriously although its never good to trust someone over the internet due to later on flaming for being wrong could ther be more signs towards gs remake road?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    That's it... I need to start having non-manga dreams as they always tell me the future. I have 25 dreams about the future, that I am going to fail a test (got 57%- was true), I am going to get whacked in the face with a rock (it was a brick, but I was able to see it coming and protected - was true) and then I saw IKEA come about 2 years ago in a dream (exact same place- still true, how did it happen??) and if I can focus enough, I might be able to tell the game's names. A little bit is already visible, but we all know that. I need to sleep and get GS in my mind... again...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Or through gba link cable and colloseum but who plays those? Seriously although its never good to trust someone over the internet due to later on flaming for being wrong could ther be more signs towards gs remake road?

Every day. No one has mentioned in a while the white rock twin in kanto or the in game DP Johto data but the newer ones are the absence of the Johto trio in Platinum or the DSi so I have got my eyes open for the future. Looking everywhere from the anime to the TCG.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Oh yes the white rock. Could be connected to shaymin but where would it be located. Another answer to why we should have a gs remake. Yes yes absence is also a source. I mean the trio had crappy stats in colloseum and fr/lg so yeah i believe its to stall for the gs remake. Or it could possbily be us going insane and being to nostalgic. But not me. I got me a working silver.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    There is Gold pokedex data in LeafGreen and LeafGreen (and maybe) Gold PokeDEX data in DP, so who knows? GIVE ME THAT SEQUEL!!!

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Oh yes the white rock. Could be connected to shaymin but where would it be located. Another answer to why we should have a gs remake. Yes yes absence is also a source. I mean the trio had crappy stats in colloseum and fr/lg so yeah i believe its to stall for the gs remake. Or it could possbily be us going insane and being to nostalgic. But not me. I got me a working silver.

I think the white rock is the biggest reason to make a remake. professor oak talks about a white rock in kanto, but there isn't a white rock in both R/B/Y and FR/LF. only in R/S/E, which aren't connected with kanto.
    so what could they do? they can make a G/S remake with the white stone in kanto. I really don't think they're going to make a second remake of R/B/Y, that would be insane.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    They'd have to make us hate them forever to do that. Why not do it... about 20 years later?

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    i think it's pretty useless to make a remake of G/S because:
    1) you could catch johto pkmn in D/P including the past games
    2) legendary (pure legit... alot nowadays are hacked..) pkmn such as the dogs, lugia and ho-oh, celebi and etc. would be easier to catch... and the effort of those who tried getting legit ones from events will be useless.. and if nintendo on the other hand thought of removing them and only accesible on events, again, it would be rather useless that they made a remake that you could only catch exclusive ubers via- event...therefore, a waste of money...
    3) what makes this game good is the fact that you could go to another regions, so nintendo should just make a 5th gen with features like to those of G/S...
    4) the game is soo old that everyone knows anything you must do... and if they change the plot, it wouldn't be a remake anymore
    5) unless they put another extremely cool feature, too great that it would be considered the best game, this remake (for me, i dunno bout others,) will only be bought by obssessed collectors and people who don't realize what they're doing...

so for now, i think the best thing for nintendo to do is to make a 5th gen, then add a plot that will enable the player go to a another region(for e.g. johto; a neo johto would be great)... what do you think...?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Your point 2 makes it null and void. the reason they would make it is for the legendaries. And if they were to do that in the 5th gen it wouldnt be jhoto but sinnoh due to the last gen being sinnoh not jhoto. So? We knew what to do in fr/lg and that didnt stop em. Seriously all your points are stupid and wrong. So what? Just the fact that its a remake doesnt make it the best. Just a widely popular thought. An added feature would be touch screen pokegear and a full sized kanto. Nothing more nothing less.
    I think your wrong. If they really wanted to send the people who play to jhoto they might as well have in dppt.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Your ideas are really dumb, Leitz, but make minimal sense... GS remake will happen- I just took a nap. I saw it... good graphics- will be for DS!!!

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Your point 2 makes it null and void. the reason they would make it is for the legendaries. And if they were to do that in the 5th gen it wouldnt be jhoto but sinnoh due to the last gen being sinnoh not jhoto. So? We knew what to do in fr/lg and that didnt stop em. Seriously all your points are stupid and wrong. So what? Just the fact that its a remake doesnt make it the best. Just a widely popular thought. An added feature would be touch screen pokegear and a full sized kanto. Nothing more nothing less.
    I think your wrong. If they really wanted to send the people who play to jhoto they might as well have in dppt.

What he said! Its exactly what I would have!^.^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back