• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    How is not that far? Did you even see the official map on the first post on my thread posted above?

The official map sux. They have confirmed that the ingame regions are based on parts of japan and if one compares them for at least 2 sec, it becomes really obvious they really are.

The only original ingame johto map:
    https://www.freewebs.com/pokecountry/johto.jpg
    Look at where it fits on a real japan map... if it was expanded by 2 (even just 1 could be enough i think) route wide lines up, a seaside north of ecruteak city would be included on the map.

The official map you posted, to me looks like the official pokemon anime map.
    The fan one in your post has space for more than 1 other region north of johto

Years
    The only reason the did the remake of Red/Green to the GBA becasue they must have planned it out back then that Diamond and Pearl on Nintendo DS could use GBA games and take Pokemon from Pal Park with Ruby/Sapphire FireRed/LeagGreen and Emerald. So what would the point of remake of Gold and Silver? It would be cool yes..but we just have to wait and see. I would like more info of Game 3 on Gen 4 cos' will this be the last game or are they going to do more like Gen 5 Pokemon??
    I read in a magizine that there WILL be gen 5 games AND they will be out in Japan in 2011! The mag I read it in was Pokemon world!So any way yeah it would be cool if they made a remake of gold and silver!

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I read in a magizine that there WILL be gen 5 games AND they will be out in Japan in 2011! The mag I read it in was Pokemon world!So any way yeah it would be cool if they made a remake of gold and silver!
    I thought everyone knows that there will be 5th gen on 2011... It is also rumored that pokemon will be releasing at least 6 to 7 generations, but it is unknown if it's real...

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I thought everyone knows that there will be 5th gen on 2011... It is also rumored that pokemon will be releasing at least 6 to 7 generations, but it is unknown if it's real...
    If Generation V is released in 2011, then that gives Game Freak at least 3 years to make a GS remake. If they use the DP engine, I doubt it'll take very long.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    If Generation V is released in 2011, then that gives Game Freak at least 3 years to make a GS remake. If they use the DP engine, I doubt it'll take very long.
    Nah, I'm think G/S/C remake will be release next year or on year 2010... I don't know why, but I have the feeling it will be release on these years...

Last edited:

solidpat221

DW Founder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    True - it could count for nothing, but I doubt it. Taking Colo and XD Pokemon as an example - they say they are obtainable 'From a Distant Land' - not from Orre, which strikes me as odd. They probably hadn't programmed in anything saying Orre for RS and all, so just went with that anyway. Yet, in Diamond and Pearl, amognost all the other regions (including the reuse of 'Distant Land'), were two spots labeled 'Johto'. I've seen the coding for myself first hand. But why do it? It shows that, at the very least. they were considering making a remake, and the continued 'evidence' for this possibilty merely underlines it. Sure, it might not happen, as I've said eariler, but it certainly does mean something IMO.

now if that isnt proof enough that a remake is being made then idk what is, if u can hack into the games info and find that johto is mentioned as a place to catch things in then obviously theyre making it sooner or later

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    now if that isnt proof enough that a remake is being made then idk what is, if u can hack into the games info and find that johto is mentioned as a place to catch things in then obviously theyre making it sooner or later

Hopefully sooner that later. :P

Games mature fast. D/P/P will be an older game in two years, and in 5 all but forgotten.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    What if they took out Kanto on DSGS? Will it lower the game value to you guys? To me it's not a problem at all... If they are still gonna include Kanto, then they should really develope Janine, she is the Gym Leader who is being ignore uptil now... Come to think of it, Kanto will appear in all 4 generation, if they add Kanto on DSGS... Wouldn't Kanto be overuse?

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Becuase Kanto was first and deems authority and it would lower the value it they didn't replace it with there own sevvi islands , Im hopeing for the orange islands =]

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Becuase Kanto was first and deems authority and it would lower the value it they didn't replace it with there own sevvi islands , Im hopeing for the orange islands =]
    Now you mention it - the Sevii Islands! Will they also include it?

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    won't it be for years later also maybe the white rock is navel rock?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    If they didn't include Kanto, it would not bother me that much. What would bother me is if they don't include a remake at all.

Some islands sounds fun.

The only way I will forgive Nintendo for not remaking G/S/C is if in the 5th gen, you will be to the impermanently west of Johto. and then you will travel east to Cianwood, and gain access to Johto that way.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    If they didn't include Kanto, it would not bother me that much. What would bother me is if they don't include a remake at all.

Some islands sounds fun.

The only way I will forgive Nintendo for not remaking G/S/C is if in the 5th gen, you will be to the impermanently west of Johto. and then you will travel east to Cianwood, and gain access to Johto that way.
    Yup yup I agree you dahlin~

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    i would love it but it aint gonna happen

really there are so many clues to a G/S/C remake it is not even funny . also be the only way to get the dog trio w/o importing

off topic :anyone excited for new DS?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    i would love it but it aint gonna happen

where is the proof?
    Just because you think it doesn't make it just.
    look, please have proof or at least a hint of why it won't happen.
    there is already so much stuff that may lead to a G/S remake.
    besides, if the demand is high enough, nintendo WILL make a remake.
    they get money, we get a remake, everyone wins.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    where is the proof?
    Just because you think it doesn't make it just.
    look, please have proof or at least a hint of why it won't happen.
    there is already so much stuff that may lead to a G/S remake.
    besides, if the demand is high enough, nintendo WILL make a remake.
    they get money, we get a remake, everyone wins.
    That's the point my fiery friend!
    Besides they won't lose anything for making G/S/C remakes! So I doubt anyone who said that DSGS will never be release.

Last edited:

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    It would be pretty cool for a G/S remake....! and..you could travel to kanto! but..what would be even more cool would be if..you could travel to all the regions!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back