• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

pkmin3033

I-it's not like I actually want a birthday this year! Or any other year, for that matter. I'll just be forever 30, if that's OK. xD

pkmin3033

Yeah...the older you get, the more likely something is to go wrong. If you're not in great health to begin with...well.

I suppose aging is preferable to the alternative. Or at least, it's an identifiable and known quantity, which is less scary than the unknown. Although tbh I think getting older is plenty scary enough.

Years
  • I just want to tell everyone to take care. Some of us on the forum may live in areas affected by the storm Zeta, so please be safe.

In my own region there's been really heavy rains and winds, dark skies, but we are not getting the full force of the tropical storm fortunately so far, though I say this knocking wood. I am grateful that my home is not out of power unlike many others deeper down south that haven't been as lucky, and my hope is that all of us come through the dark and into the light very soon.

Let's keep our brothers and sisters the world over close in our thoughts or prayers. Wishing everyone well through the storm.

Years
  • It's a cat 2 now according to Wikipedia so hopefully there will be minimal damage.

There's a typhoon near the Philippines too that caused a lot of damage. An earthquake caused damage in Turkey yesterday.

pkmin3033

I think we had a storm here recently, but it was just some louder than average wind and rain in my area. Even though I'm right on the south coast I've never experienced much more than that and a power cut whenever we've had storms - too high up for flooding, thank god.

Years
  • I'm trying to complete a custom doll. I am beginning to stress out because I had purchased some very nice gold and red fabric from Russia for a dress... back in the middle of September. It's November still not here. It's been almost 50 days since I placed the order, and it not only isn't in the us yet, but there hasn't been any updates to the tracking since late September when it was processed, and marked as left the country. No updates at all for October or November. I have ordered other products from Eastern Europe, even Asia, later than the date I placed this order, and they all arrived several weeks ago, so I'm getting concerned that this one may be lost in the mail.

I hate to press the seller because there's not much they can do after mailing the package. I can't afford to wait a lot longer though. I didn't expect it would be going on 2 months before it's even in the US. I have ordered from Russia before and it's usually a matter of weeks. I know the pandemic causes extra wait time, but I think I should draw the line at 60 days because you can't file a dispute with your credit agency I think after 60 to get your money back if it's lost. I need enough time to make some arrangements to order something else to complete the custom and get it here in a timely matter if my Russian delivery doesn't show up soon.

I usually try to cut sellers a break where I can, but I have to make sales too, and there's a deadline for me upcoming. I have to maintain a good reputation in business matters for fulfilling orders within the time specified.

Years
  • I had a thing come in the mail from Spain this past week that I placed the order on back in February and had lost all hope on. However it was just merchandise for myself and not something I needed to use to sell something. Another package from the UK placed in June is also lost... I think you're just taking a risk when getting mail from abroad this year.

Years
  • Oh yeah I forgot about a thing I ordered from either USA or Canada last November that still never got here...

Years
  • I only order from the US or Canada usually but if I can afford tracking and the seller has that option I will. Got something just fine from Spain & Singapore.

pkmin3033

It's been quite a while since I ordered from outside of this country. I used to all the time, but the exchange rates aren't quite as generous now as they used to be (thanks, Brexiteers!) and by the time you factor in postage costs as well I might as well just buy from someone here, haha. I'll get it sooner that way too!

I do send quite a bit overseas, though...

pkmin3033

OMG I'd forgotten about that! Glad you've held onto it <3

Back