• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've been pondering over "Meta Modernism" which people have been talking about as the current successor to "Post Modernism". It's a very self-referencing/self-aware type of cultural development. Basically, if you've ever used a meme template that had the pictures in it already and you just added text (usually about your current mental state/well being/etc, maybe with some layers of irony on top of it) then that could be describtes as "meta-modern art".

And we also kinda see it with climate change protests currently. Basically, all these people smearing stuff unto painting or gluing themselves onto the street while risking getting run over by angry car drivers and police throwing them into jail all kinda fits into that bill. It's displaying personal pain of the affected individuals and even the pain of future generations as a political statement.

But there's also the dark side which is usually describted as "outrage culture". This is when you have movies/games/celebrities that do something controversial. Not as a means to make people reflect. But as a way to generate more profit by way of letting groups of people (politically left and right leaning equally) go into rage mode and therefore giving it free advertisement. One of the more recent examples of this would be the newest Harry Potter game.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    talking eras and modern culture, i'm honestly just kind of depressed over the climate crisis. everyday activities take my mind off it, but the sense of futile doom strikes me every day now. i know many who feel like this, too.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    People are talking about how we might reach the 1.5°C as soon as the next decade. And there have definitely been talks about reaching 2°C or even 3°C at the beginning of the 2100s.

Years
  • Some places are at danger of being completely covered by the ocean if more ice melts. My province included.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    /waves

it's springtime here now finally.

yeah, i like talking about the weather ok. c:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    hang in there!

it was 20 last Saturday. spent a lovely day walking around~

and today i started to see buds on trees and flowers in gardens finally.

Jolty-kun

Years
  • Hey everyone, how's it going?
    It's been a while after a while since I hopped on this place. I always feel quite emotional browsing PC; I can see it's a lot quieter these days, but still has a charming and vibrant community.
    I was first active here in 2004 when I was a very young ten years old; I was an absolute menace to the forum and its moderators, I'm surprised I didn't get banned to be honest.
    I hope everyone's taking care, I'll never forget this place (who do I have to pay to get a snazzy-looking profile these days?)
    Stay safe. ✨

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey everyone, how's it going?
    It's been a while after a while since I hopped on this place. I always feel quite emotional browsing PC; I can see it's a lot quieter these days, but still has a charming and vibrant community.
    I was first active here in 2004 when I was a very young ten years old; I was an absolute menace to the forum and its moderators, I'm surprised I didn't get banned to be honest.
    I hope everyone's taking care, I'll never forget this place (who do I have to pay to get a snazzy-looking profile these days?)
    Stay safe. ✨
    welcome back to the place we always return to sooner or later :)

you can try to bother Kitty to see if she wants to make you a profile design for beeg cash perhaps x)

try to google a little bit of css coding and play around with the Post Flair tool as well! it can make your postbit look really snazzy and is typically much more visible than your profile page c: https://www.pokecommunity.com/settings/postflair

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I was recently watching a video about how apparently Oat Milk is a scam. Also apparently there's not a lot to making some for yourself: just put some oat and water into a blender and that's it.

I don't have a blender but now I'm kinda tempted to get one. ^^"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was recently watching a video about how apparently Oat Milk is a scam. Also apparently there's not a lot to making some for yourself: just put some oat and water into a blender and that's it.

I don't have a blender but now I'm kinda tempted to get one. ^^"
    o, maybe if you're drinking it immediately, but don't commercial oat milk have oils and stabilizers in it and stuff, too?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    o, maybe if you're drinking it immediately, but don't commercial oat milk have oils and stabilizers in it and stuff, too?
    That's processed food, alright. Though, a lot of those additional things are also very questionable. A lot of its "healthy" status really just comes due to marketing and not actual scientific proof. That's the scam part. I just failed at explaining it. ^^"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    idk so much about health benefits, it's more the fact that there's no animals involved.

also it's tasty c: chocolate milk made from oat milk is muuch better than one made with cow milk imo.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Back when I used to drink oat milk, I didn't drink it for any health benefits. It was only because I was trying to cut dairy out of my diet. Oat milk was the only plant-based milk that I tried that didn't leave a weird aftertaste or anything negative to me. (Especially the extra creamy variety. Stuff's delicious!)

I'm trying to move away from thinking of foods as "healthy" or not. It's more just in moderation and how I feel after/while eating it. That's why I introduced dairy to my life, but not as much as I used to eat it or in all the forms I used to eat.

Years
  • I have to stick to a high protein diet with a lot of meat. That being said, I'm just naturally not much a meat person. Chicken and fish, mostly.

Back