• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Beginning - Johto fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I9BRPz

Hello everyone, welcome to A New Beginning, where all lovers of Johto and Generation II should come, hang out, and discuss! I mean with 16 gyms and 2 regions, what's not to love!?
Rules:

-All Pokécommunity rules apply.

-No trolling, spamming, or harassing other members.

-This club is for discussion of Johto and Generation II only. Any other discussion will be regarded as spam/offtopic and reported as such.

-When you join, please select a partner Pokemon from Johto. As there is an evolution system, they must be unevolved unless they are an evolution to a non-Johto Pokemon. Example: Crobat.

-Have fun!

Username: ShinySearcher01
Partner Pokemon: Hedwig the Hoothoot
Reason for joining: I love Johto. The Pokemon designs are so unique, and the gyms are fantastic.

Member list:
ShinySearcher01
163.png

Sector Revenge
251.png

Grey Cloud
222.png

Vato
172.png

Avishka
155.png

Curious.
215.png

Cyndaqwilfish:)
187.png

BZW Golem
155.png

Xulek
195.png

Olli97
249.png

Hikari10
190.png

Chikouu
228.png

Hayley
172.png

Points system:
Join the club: 10 points
Donate artwork/userbars: 75 points
Special events (Birthdays, PC anniversaries, etc): Varies

Points shop:
Upgrade a partner Pokemon to shiny: 50 points
Get a new partner Pokemon: 150 points
Evolve a partner Pokemon: 75 points for a fist evolution, 150 points for second

Current topic: What, to you, makes Generation II so appealing?

Artwork:

None yet!

Have fun, and see you around Johto!

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Sector has to be first!!

Username: Sector Revenge
Partner Pokemon: Octavia the Celebi
Reason for joining: 16 badges, two regions to explore, new Pokemon, what more do we need?? Best. Generation. Ever!

Last edited:

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
Username: BZWGolem
Partner Pokemon: Blaze the Cyndaquil
Reason for joining: Silver was my first pokemon game .. the nostalgia *.*
I loved 2 gen games, I had a big nostalgia attack when HG/SS came out..
I just loooooove johto @.@

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Username: Vato
Partner Pokemon: Chupi the Pichu
Reason for joining: Why shouldn't I join? 16 Gyms, Being able to call trainers, awesome Pokemon like Feraligatr and Lugia, a Soryline better than R/B/G/Y (Specially after HG/SS came), just 3 words:
BEST.GENERATION.EVER.

Years
Username: Cyndaqwilfish:)
Partner Pokemon: Flora the Hoppip
Reason for Joining: My 3 favorite Pokemon, Umbreon, Cyndaquil, and Qwilfish, are all in this gen. I also love the storyline, side-quests, rival, ect. I love everything about Johto! :)

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Username: Avishka
Partner Pokemon: Cyndaquil
Reason for joining: because I love Johto

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Username: Curious.
Partner Pokemon: Sneasel.

Reason for joining: I simply love the second generation, it was the first generation I'd played Pokemon in on my Gold, and it was some of the best days of my life, haha. I'd get hooked days on end, it was simply amazing. With the HG/SS released my childhood memories were able to be reborn and I could experience some of the nostalgia that I had longed for in a Pokemon Game, unlike in DPPt.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Welcome everybody!

Here, I'll start us off with a topic:

What, to you, makes Generation II so appealing?

To me, its just how much of it there is. I mean 8 gyms is nice, the rumoured BW2 10 would be even nicer, but 16? That's just insane. Also, the Pokemon are quite nice, and I love the ability to have them follow you.

Years
I think that the storyline is long and because of this the plot can really mature. There are also many interesting side quests that make it even more fun. I also like the gym leaders and how some are difficult for a change. (btw I think you missed my name for the sign up sheet shiny searcher)

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

BW2 might have 10? Did not know that!

The two regional exploration of Kanto and Johto was something I love doing. To bad they didn't do the same for Hoenn to Sinnoh or Unova to whatever the next Generation would be. I say this Generation is very much the most favorable due to this reason mostly. The 16 gyms are insane. Although in Kanto, they are all surrounding the levels 50-60ish. All you need is a Pokemon beating the Elite Four over and over and over again to level 70 and you can just blast on by the Kanto Gyms. Plus I feel like as long as Johto is, they should had done a bit more with Team Rocket when visiting the Kanto region, rather than just that one guy in Cerulean City.

The Bug Catching competition was fun as well. I loved doing that. Although I do happen to release those that I did not want after the competition. Does that make me a bad trainer for letting those Wild Pokemon back into freedom rather than slaved into my PC?

Let's not forget the HeartGold/SoulSilver games of Pokeathlon Dome. That was a fun place to attend. It definitely reminds me a lot of the Mario Party memories :D

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
What to me, makes Gen II so appealing?

EVERYTHING!
The starter Pokemon, Phanpy & Donphan, Tyranitar, battling Red (sorta felt like battling yourself if you played R/B/Y), Lances Dragonites, Exploring 2 Regions, Team RocketThe music from HG/SS and the Rematches with the Leaders, and I can't think of anything else, but I'm sure there's more! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Name - Xulek
Partner Pokemon - Omega the Quagsire
Reason For Joining - Johto's the one region I always remember the most fondly and had the most fun going through back when I was a kid playing Crystal and when I was older and playing Soul Silver, easily my favorite region for so many reasons that would take all day to list through.

Everything's appealing about Gen 2, literally everything.

Hope I can join btw.

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years

Sooo..

1. The BIGGEST world ever @.@
16 gyms, 2 regions.. just oh my god.

2. The new pokemon still looked natural. From gen 3 the pokemon that were made were.. somehow forced. In 2gen they made only 100 really good pokemon.

3. The awesome new at that time mechanics like breeding, night and day, a more organized bag for items, move deleter.. so many so great things!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Welcome everybody!

Here, I'll start us off with a topic:

To me, its just how much of it there is. I mean 8 gyms is nice, the rumoured BW2 10 would be even nicer, but 16? That's just insane. Also, the Pokemon are quite nice, and I love the ability to have them follow you.

For me, it's the nostalgia, but I can also say it's partly the expanse of different activites pre through to post stroyline to keep the game fresh and interesting. The implmentation of 16 gyms and the ability to travel to Kanto was simply amazing. It not only kept the Kanto region lliving but it was able to let fans of Kanto explore their favourite region once again, with a bit of a twist. Yes, I do agree though, they could have included a bit more content within the Kanto storyline, and in a way I felt it a bit rushed compared to that of Johto's. The addition of Pokeatheleon and other nifty features; (THE FOLLOW FEATURE OMG) made playing HG/SS / the johto region for about the 100th time in my life all the more enjoyable. <3

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Name - Xulek
Partner Pokemon - Omega the Quagsire
Reason For Joining - Johto's the one region I always remember the most fondly and had the most fun going through back when I was a kid playing Crystal and when I was older and playing Soul Silver, easily my favorite region for so many reasons that would take all day to list through.

Everything's appealing about Gen 2, literally everything.

Hope I can join btw.
Welcome!

Cyndaqwilfish and BZW Golem, sorry for the delay in adding you to the member list. I'm pretty sure I've got everyone there now, if I've missed you please let me know.

Also, there's one thing I somehow missed about what makes Generation II appealing to me. Not sure how I missed this, but.. Shiny Pokemon. Frankly, I'm obsessed with them. I could turn this thread into a second Shiny Hunters club with this post, but then the owner of the first one would kill me. So yeah. Also, just a quick note saying you guys can start topics any time, without needing my permission.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Oh you've reminded me about that Eric; my gosh did I treasure shiny pokemon! I remember finding my very first shiny pokemon, it was a shiny Swinub on Gold haha, the cute little blue fluff ball of hair. :3 I caught it of course, and it sat alongside my Feraligatr, and Golduck.

Years
Username: Hikari10
Partner Pokemon: Effie the Aipom
Reason for joining: Johto introduced some cute Pokemon and I loved playing SoulSilver when I got it. I like Unova more now but Johto will still be remembered for its cute Pokemon. I picked Aipom for my partner cos I love monkeys.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Also, there's one thing I somehow missed about what makes Generation II appealing to me. Not sure how I missed this, but.. Shiny Pokemon. Frankly, I'm obsessed with them. I could turn this thread into a second Shiny Hunters club with this post, but then the owner of the first one would kill me. So yeah. Also, just a quick note saying you guys can start topics any time, without needing my permission.
Just ask how many Shiny Pokemon we were able to catch during Generation II, aka Gold/Silver/Crystal, alone. And go from there :P

As for that, sadly I only caught one and it was in Generation III. But may I ask, how did the Shiny Pokemon first get noticed by the people? Did the creators give out the news or did it actually took the very first person to catch one and tell everyone about it? I wonder...if the Shiny Pokemon had an awesome appearance for Pokemon Stadium 2. I can't imagine it having a green Mewtwo or a green Espeon/blue moon Umbreon in that game at all. xD

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Username: Olli97
Partner Pokemon: Link the Lugia
Reason for joining: Pokemon Silver was the first Pokémon game that was mine alone, which also gives me the most treasured memories. It introduced some of my all time favourite Pokémon, together with a bunch of features that I still love. The storyline may have been the one that I find the least in-depth of all, but at the time I didn't even understand English, so all I cared about was progression in the game, and of course being the best. It also had one of the most challenging gyms that I've ever been in, and you all know which gym that is of course, though I like a lot of the gym leaders in that generation too.

The most awesome about it though is, that it's the only generation to have two whole regions, which just made the game so much more awesome, and the final battle with Red was just the cherry on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back