• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Beginning - Johto fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Pokeathlon reminded me a lot of Mario Party to be honest. I loved it! Wish there were a bit more added to do for it though.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
Username: Hayley
Partner Pokemon: Peach the Pichu
Reason for joining: This was the generation I grew up with, specifically Pokemon Silver and then Crystal. It has 16 badges and Red to collect and an awesome remake where Pokemon follow you around makin' a cute faces (driving ladies wild.)

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Username: Hayley
Partner Pokemon: Peach the Pichu
Reason for joining: This was the generation I grew up with, specifically Pokemon Silver and then Crystal. It has 16 badges and Red to collect and an awesome remake where Pokemon follow you around makin' a cute faces (driving ladies wild.)
Hi cutie :D Those Pokemon surely are adorable! Infact, you've given me an idea..

No I am certainly not stealing from my Kanto club
Cutest Johto Pokemon?
In my opinion.. -gosh this is hard- it's a tie between Chikorita and Pichu. As for Chikorita, well I love Grass-types in the first place, and that leaf on it's head is just adorable. And Pichu.. IT'S A SMALLER VERSION OF PIKACHU, WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE!!

Years
Cutest Johto Pokemon?

Aipom for me cos I love monkeys. Cyndaquil is cute as well, cos I chose him for my SoulSilver starter.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Cutest Johto Pokemon?

Hard choice, but I think I'm gonna go with Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil is undoubtly one of the cutest and most adorable Pokémon there is, and it was also the first Pokémon that I thought of when reading the topic. Of course there are many other Pokémon, where for example Mareep is also one of my favourites on this subject, but Cyndaquil is still the cutest in my opinion.

Years
Cutest Johto Pokemon?

Since Pokemon can be singular or plural, I'm going to list my favorites (not in any order): chickorita, hoppip, pichu, cyndaquil, azuril, and sunkern. :) so cute!

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I'm surprised I haven't joined this club yet, haha.

Username: Zephele
Partner Pokemon: Gen the Heracross
Reason for joining: Crystal is the one game that really got me into the Pokemon world - it's the game I've spent the greatest number of hours on overall, therefore Johto just holds a lot of special memories for me. Also, the way it connected to Kanto was a major "WHOA" moment for me when I was a kid, haha.

Cutest Johto Pokemon?
Mareep. DON'T EVEN DENY IT.
Hoppip, and its evolution line, is another favourite of mine in terms of cuteness. All the starters are also pretty cute, but Totodile's my favourite. Nothing says cute than a blue crocodile with large jaws lined with sharp sets of teeth...? :3

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Cutest Johto Pokemon ehh?

Definitely Pichu. How can you deny it? Actually...Spiky-Ear Pichu is the cutest thing of 'em all!

ShadowKaiserin

Midnight Trainer
Years
Username: ShadowKaiserin
Partner:
Fiora the Cyndaquil
Reason for joining:
The first time I played Crystal, it was night. I chose Cyndaquil, who ended up being female and thus I named her Fiora. Something about the the real time clock made it feel more real to me. Between finding my favorite starter and the epic adventure, I became hooked on Johto. No other region holds as much nostalgia for me. It'll always be my favorite.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I'm surprised I haven't joined this club yet, haha.

Username: Zephele
Partner Pokemon: Gen the Heracross
Reason for joining: Crystal is the one game that really got me into the Pokemon world - it's the game I've spent the greatest number of hours on overall, therefore Johto just holds a lot of special memories for me. Also, the way it connected to Kanto was a major "WHOA" moment for me when I was a kid, haha.

Mareep. DON'T EVEN DENY IT.
Hoppip, and its evolution line, is another favourite of mine in terms of cuteness. All the starters are also pretty cute, but Totodile's my favourite. Nothing says cute than a blue crocodile with large jaws lined with sharp sets of teeth...? :3

Username: ShadowKaiserin
Partner:
Fiora the Cyndaquil
Reason for joining:
The first time I played Crystal, it was night. I chose Cyndaquil, who ended up being female and thus I named her Fiora. Something about the the real time clock made it feel more real to me. Between finding my favorite starter and the epic adventure, I became hooked on Johto. No other region holds as much nostalgia for me. It'll always be my favorite.
Welcome and welcome! Sorry for the delay in adding you the member list :(

New topic:
How do you think Johto's Team Rocket compares to other generations' evil teams?
As for myself, I think it's one of the best. It still has the same "classic" feel as the Kanto Team Rocket, but it's just one bit bigger.

Olli

Years

To be honest, I didn't like Johto's Team Rocket that much. I mean, in-game I've never really liked Team Rocket, as they haven't been able to run the plot like most other evil teams have, so it just ends up not giving the games a plot at all. I mean, it was great before R/S/E got about, because at that time, we weren't aware of how much a storyline actually added to Pokémon, so we just went on with the stuff we usually did, beating gyms, catching Pokémon, beating our siblings in link cable battles.

So yeah. I also think Team Rocket were more tame in G/S/C than they were in Kanto. I mean, all they really did was taking over a Slowpoke well and two Radio Towers, nothing really impressive at all.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I also wasn't hugely impressed by Team Rocket's presence in Johto. Yes, it was cool to see how interconnected the games were to the previous ones, but they felt like so little of a threat that I hardly cared, particularly when I played through Johto the first time. Though it makes sense for them to feel weaker and more disjointed given their lack of a leader the second time around, and they certainly conveyed that in the games. I did like how their officers were given identities in the remakes, though.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Simple. They weren't practically all into controlling the Legendary Pokemon as the others were. Aqua/Magma wanted Groudon and Kyogre. Galactic wanted Dialga and Palkia. Plasma wanted Zekrom and Reshiram.

Either way, Lugia and Ho-Oh weren't at all bothered by Team Rocket, was my point in all this.

Olli

Years

The story in Johto revolving the evil team was pretty much a continuation of Kanto's Team Rocket, continuing their evil purposes, though this time we're sure that they aren't out for a legendary Pokémon, as there was the possibility that their intention in the first games were to capture Mewtwo, and that that was what all their evil actions would've led to if you hadn't stopped them.

But anyways, Team Rocket has always been the odd ones out. Their intentions were never ones they themselves believed were good, and their main purpose was just to steal Pokémon, mostly strong ones. So basically they were the only evil team whose purpose was to actually be evil.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Username: NecrumWarrior
Partner Pokemon: Sovereign the Larvitar
Reason for joining: Gen 2 introduced some of my favorite pokemon, including Ho-Oh and Tyranitar. Plus the greatest post-story quest out of any pokemon game ever.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Username: Elgyem
Partner Pokemon: Davy Jones the Totodile
Reason for Joining: Johto is quite possibly my favorite region. With 16 gym leaders, a cool rival, the best Legendaries of the series, the best Team Rocket yet, the epic fight with Red, and two regions with amazing locales, Johto is definitely a great region.

What, to you, makes Generation II so appealing to you?
I think that part of what makes Johto so appealing to me is, well, just about everything! But if I had to pick one aspect, it would have to be either the Pokemon or the Region itself. The Pokemon are all very memorable, and the region was great. While Johto is small, it is filled with many interesting places such as the Ruins of Alph, the Whirl Islands, the Towers, and so on and so forth. However, what I love about Generation II is that it doesn't stop there. Generation II delves into Kanto, giving trainers an entire 8 new Gym leaders to fight, not to mention the superpowerful Pokemon Master Red. Johto is also, in my opinion, the most natural region, with the towns and cities showing a mutual relationship between technology and nature. I honestly would live in Johto if I could live in the World of Pokemon.

I noticed that we don't have any userbars yet, so I think I'll make one. I'll post it when it's done.

Last edited:

Olli

Years
Club is being closed on request of the owner.

~Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back