• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ABP #14] Tranquill and Totodile!

Who's your favorite?

• Total voters
Years
  • Sceptile won, obviously.

VS

Totodile is going to eat Ash's ear.​

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    In the Lapras/Sceptile thread I mentioned that I didn't like Lapras.... well I HATE Totodile. I'd sooner vote for the rusty, half-pokeball that Ash mentioned owning in one episode before I would vote for Totovile.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • For those who haven't watched Best Wishes yet, guess what you missed from Tranquill? Nothing... It has seemed to have do almost nothing since it's capture. It helped Archen learn to fly, and has been used in, a couple of events but other then that it has been pretty shunned. Totodile has had a whole Saga to develop as a battler and character. Not that Totodile stands out any more then previous ones, I'd opt for Totodile before the rarely seen Tranquill.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I will vote for Totodile since he had a great personality and he was a strong battler.

Tranquill haven't been seen or use that much to tell if it is strong or not,but we will have to wait and see.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I vote for Totodile because of its funny dance when it comes out of its Poke Ball. That, and Tranquill didn't do much apart from aerial searches and helping get rid of the Venipede in Castelia City.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • My Vote this time might not be as fair...but....I go with Totodile. And for backup reasons, I would say I chose Totodile for him being a starter :P
    But Seriously, come to think of it, Regional Birds have no Personality...Well, I don't want to go far by saying NO but you know what I mean.

Besides, Tranquil is the worst Regional Bird I've seen :( , yes this is where it gets unfair. I personally don't like him, it is so Bland in my P.O.V sorry. Above all that, UNTIL NOW, Tranquil have not done a thing, we didn't even see him get some character development at all! Since Totodile is a starter, he is most likely to get more Spotlight. In terms of Design, Power, Personality, Comedy and so on.

So, Totodile for me :/

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Fireworks.That's your opinions about not liking Totodile and who cares since it is your opinions alone.

I am glad to have voted for Totodile since he was a cool pokemon.

Years
  • Totodile all the way at the 'mo. Like Kenshin said, Tranquill has done next to nothing in the Best Wishes series so there really isn't a reason to vote for her (for me). She occasionally helps out but it hasn't been anything major for a while.

Totodile got tons of screentime in comparison, though that's also partially because he's also been around longer than Tranquill has. But given what we have so far, Totodile definitely gets my vote. He's cute, funny, and had a lot of interesting battles that win him my vote.

Ray F

' Friendship > Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    I voted for Totodile.
    I haven't watched the new anime so I don't know much about Tranquill but by reading the comments above, seems like Tranquill hasn't developed yet.

Totodile was the funniest ever; he was always so optimistic and he make me smile everytime I watched the show back in the day.

Yeah I'm being subjective, oh well.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Totodile! He's so funny and cute! Tranquil just doesn't really do anything... It doesn't get used enough to really shine yet.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Totodile. Honestly, who could forget this? ;

Honestly, the thing is so full of personality, and I just love how it's always jumping around without a care in the world.

I can't say much about Tranquill to be honest, it had a few moments as a Pidove, beating Tsutarja and I loved the heart shape on it's torso. But yeah, Tranquill hasn't done too much in Best Wishes right now either.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Voting for Tranquill just to see what tough says.
    And also because I never liked Totodile.

Lol. :>

Anyway, my vote goes to Tranquil, simply because I love Pidove and its evolution's. Totodile, no doubt is an awesome Pokemon the video Mew~ posted is probably my favorite Totodile battle. Although the Sneasel battle during the Silver conference was pretty funny.

Years
  • My vote goes to Tranquill because it's a bird and I plan on using Pidove in Black. It's also a girl, which is a plus cos she helped Ash catch Snivy.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Voting for Tranquill because tough voted for Totodile : D

Yep, that's... probably the only reason I'm voting for a Pokemon with such a flat personality and gave almost-zero contribution to the series so far. Otherwise I would've voted for Totodile.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Voting for Tranquill because tough voted for Totodile : D

Yep, that's... probably the only reason I'm voting for a Pokemon with such a flat personality and gave almost-zero contribution to the series so far. Otherwise I would've voted for Totodile.
    I'm glad that i voted for Totodile because Tachibana Azumi voted for Tranquill.

I did right by voting for Totodile who had a great personality and was the best character pokemon on the show. I may have voted for Tranquill but she don't have that much of a personality and he didn't do nothing on the show either so far.

Makbets

Cookie Lover
    Years
  • My vote goes to Totodile.

Totodile got lots of personality, also it competed in lots of good battles, while Tranquill had like 2 or 3? And I also love Toto's color very much. x3

Now about Tranquill, well I like it, but I haven't seen much of her yet. Maybe my vote would change if Tranquill would have some more battles.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I do loved Tranquill and she is a cool pokemon,but she haven't been in a lot of battles as of yet.Totodile have battle a whole lot and was seen a lot more,Totodile is a cool pokemon.

Years
  • Moi shall vote Tranquill.

I like the battle when she was a Pidove against Snivy, being the only one able to be unaffected by Attract and she volunteered to battle. I like the initiative. :)

Also people say that Tranquill's personality would've been better with more battles but frankly speaking, I really don't understand how battling develops the personality. I find it...too stereotypical and judgmental. =.= Battling gives opportunity for the Pokemon to showcase their character developments when they bond with their Trainers in battle, but I'm sure there are other ways for said bonding. Take Brock for example with his Croagunk. He seldom battles in the anime but the relationship between him and Croagunk is quite a comedy because of the Poison Jab scenes. So I say, don't judge just on battles, but on the whole. On a little note, I think bits of her personality has been hinted on several occasions i.e. freaking out at Scraggy, and mostly being a good help when the time rises for it. ^^`

It -is- really too early to say that she is 'useless' in the sense of not much contribution. I quite like the episode with Archen. I say that the Venipede one was just more of an evolution episode, I guess it did something to her personality as to showing her confident. For some reason I find that Tranquill has a slight resemblance to Staravia(not just in terms of being an aerial searcher etc). I just hope that Ash will train her more (like really does he have something against female Pokemon?) so that she could become somewhat of a good battler(and I just want to see more moves display XD).

Don't hate me for not picking Totodile(I couldn't honestly care even if you do XP). I'm just more veered towards the later generations than those set in Kanto/Johto (I mean gosh, how old was I back then?). Dancing crocodiles creep me out too. xD

Back