• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Accents

Years
  • I don't even know what my accent is. I've had people claim they can hear some southern in it, and then other people ask why I don't have a southern drawl (grew up down south). Best I can guess, and what a few other people have said to me, is maybe some generic northern US accent.

Last edited:

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • I don't hear it when I talk but people say Southern which would fit born and raised in Alabama.

I don't even know what my accent is. I've had people claim they can hear some southern in it, and then other people ask why I don't have a southern drawl (grew up down south). Best I can guess, and what a few other people have said to me, is maybe some generic northern US accent.

Some would say if you've moved from the south up north you accent can change to a mixture of the two after awhile.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • Personally, I would describe my English accent as one where the words have British pronunciation, but the entire sentence itself sounds American.

Nobody irl could pinpoint my accent. Like, they know it sounds perfect and they don't hear any strange foreign accents and all, but they can't ever tell where I'm from.

Years
  • It's always funny telling people the city I'm from because they just don't believe me at all given my current accent haha.

Last edited:

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
    Years
  • Fun fact:

Glottophobia describes the disgust, hatred and/or prejudice exhibited by people who discriminate against others who have different accents.

I have a Canadian accent in English. Mixed Acadian/Franco-Ontarian in French, although I have never lived in the Maritimes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I suppose I have an English Canadian accent. Although, I've been told I sound like I'm from southern California, which is quite interesting, especially considering that California is nearly 3,000 kilometers from where I reside.

I also can speak both Russian and Metropolitan French (not fluently, might I add) and I have quite an accent when speaking both languages respectively.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I was told last night that I have a bit of an Australian accent, especially when saying "no".

I blame Nica. probably.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • In my three years living in Texas I have somewhat developed a southern-ish accent where I find myself saying "y'all" instead of my usual "you guys".

I grew up in California where I tend to have my "surfer's" accent all over the place. And I also speak Spanish, so there's also that Mexican dialect hidden in my English.

Back