• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Acerola's age?

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Bulbapedia says she's something between 12 and 19. I don't think she's either 12 or 19. Also she seems to be a very short teenager rather than children, so I think something between 14-17. What do you think?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I don't believe that she's between 12 and 19, because in the world of fiction, a person's size reflects their actual age, so she's below 12 like the true loli she is.

User19sq

She's the same height as the player, who's apparently 11 years old, according to Wicke. And her lack of, um... mature features, I guess, imply that she might be slightly younger. Her stoic personality seems to reflect someone who grew up a bit too fast, as she takes care of the Aether House children, or maybe she's one of them.

The point is, she's most likely the same age as the player. Unless there's an official source to go by, she'll just be the tiny, dorky girl that became the youngest Elite Four member to grace the series (if champions like Blue don't count).

I wonder why we're questioning this...?

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    She's the same height as the player, who's apparently 11 years old, according to Wicke. And her lack of, um... mature features, I guess, imply that she might be slightly younger. Her stoic personality seems to reflect someone who grew up a bit too fast, as she takes care of the Aether House children, or maybe she's one of them.

The point is, she's most likely the same age as the player. Unless there's an official source to go by, she'll just be the tiny, dorky girl that became the youngest Elite Four member to grace the series (if champions like Blue don't count).

I wonder why we're questioning this...?

I think Bulbapedia is kinda official source. I think there's officially someone older than 19 in the some region's Elite Four and some reason why there can't be under 12-year old members. I see little bit "mature features" in her character, so I don't believe she's 10 years old or alike. I believe she's really about 15 years old but she's very short one - and there can be shorter teen or adult characters. Characters like Hapu confirmed it, even if her length is apparently the same than Bonnie's, who's about 7.

In the Hawaii (the region what Alola is basing from) the average length of woman is from 5 feet (1,52m) to 5'8 (1,72m). I would say that Acerola's length is something 4'8 (1,40m). 14-15 years old girl is normally shorter than adult woman, so that's why I say Acerola is about 15. In Japan people are many times very short, but the regional boy and girl trainers in generations 1-4 are long for their age (5' = 1,5m) because the region tries to be "the West" (also Kalos and Unova tries, but people in there is really longer) even if they bases on Japan - and Alola is the first region after Hoenn what doesn't try to be so "west-ish" with little cultural twists, but I think that Alola's height of people is more alike with the heights with Hawaiian people.

According to her personality, if she really is 11, I think she's a lot of more childish than now. Maybe at the lower level than Alola-Ash, who's mentally only months older than Bonnie. And for the length matter, I also know very much girls who's in their 15s to 18s and their length is something like 4'6-4,7' (1,35m) - and in the country where people supposed to be from 1,66 meters to 1,80 meters by the statistics (Finland - and I know, kinda unknown country. It's the timbered country in the Fenno-Scandia between more known countries of Sweden and Russia).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I'm... not sure how much of a point there is to figure out ages in the Pokemon world. Ash is forever 10, for some reason there are also 10 year olds running gyms and trials around the world. Not to mention 10 year olds running around by themselves training dangerous monsters. I don't think age really matters.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I don't think height is a good way to go here. It's a good indicator but in general, in anime, that sort of logic is thrown out the window.

The bigger question is how old is Hapu? Unless it's mentioned ingame, kinda confusing. She's shorter than your character, but speaks and acts older, so...

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    I peg her at about 15, partly because of how old her Uncle is and party because of the Aether house.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    since she's a character made by Japanese people, the answer is: it's a trap

But really it's hard to tell in some forms of media how old a character is. Physical characteristics and personality don't always accurately show a character's age. And 12-19 sort of doesn't say much given that that age range spans from being an (older) kid to a young adult.

I just wish that the player character was not explicitly stated to be 11 years old.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    since she's a character made by Japanese people, the answer is: it's a trap

But really it's hard to tell in some forms of media how old a character is. Physical characteristics and personality don't always accurately show a character's age. And 12-19 sort of doesn't say much given that that age range spans from being an (older) kid to a young adult.

I just wish that the player character was not explicitly stated to be 11 years old.

But they must state the player character's age so people don't have to accidentally become pedophiles when falling for them (though that didn't stop /vp/ from making threads about how much they love her).

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    But they must state the player character's age so people don't have to accidentally become pedophiles when falling for them (though that didn't stop /vp/ from making threads about how much they love her).

I thought exactly same xD I seriously hate to make accidentally misunderstandings if I love a small-sized character xDDD The one Team Rocket-chasing pedo-Bewear in the Pokémon World is enough xD Actually I asked this question for shipping cases (and if you start to bash me I really get angry), because in the shippings I have always the principle for avoiding misunderstandings on my shippings: I never ship characters who have - or who I think to have over 3 years of age difference unless they're both over 20 and 2 years if they are 10-15.

Specifically, I thought about shipping about coeval (plus minus 1 year) character with her, but he's large-sized instead of small-sized. But if there's a lot of people who thinks that Acerola is about 11, I consider it very precisely, because I'm definitely not supporting shippings between adult and children character (and I'm not sorry for my opinion), that's the main reason why I don't like shippings like Marissonshipping or Lacewoodshipping! And if there's any size differences, I will make it very clear that there's not very much age differences - because exactly those previously mentioned issues.

Thanks everyone for discussing :) So it shares opinions, but I will still be saying that Acerola is about 15 years old until an official source like Gamefreak, Nintendo or CoroCoro says otherwise - and size isn't only indicator for the age, not even in the world of fiction, what means big people aren't always adults and small people aren't always children.

I thank you already for your understanding :)

Back