• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game] ADC #1 - Generation 7 Starter Silhouettes

Years
Art Designer Competition - #1​

Generation 7 Starter Silhouettes

silo2.png

What's an Art Designer Contest?

Art Designer Contests focus on designing. You may need to create a character, monster, castle, ect. These will mostly relate to pokemon and related subjects like Nintendo or game design. Essentially, the themes are aimed to get the most people participating. Voting will be anonymous, and voters are encouraged to vote for execution and design.

Prompt:

Generation 7 Starters have just been announced! Gamefreak has uploaded the silhouettes of three starter pokemon on their site. However, they reveal that artists around the world are able to fill-in-the-blanks so to speak. The best designs will have the ability to feature their creations featured in the next generation as starter pokemon. What would you come up with?

Rules:

1. All colored artwork will be accepted. (sprites, digital art, painting, hand drawing (w/color))

2. Designs must have the outlines of the silhouette. You may use the templates below in anyway or freehand the outlines.

3. You may assign any type for any silhouette, but you must use each grass, fire, and water typing exactly once. (The order I have posted them doesn't matter.) That means three pieces of work.

4. Feel free to name your pokemon and list any characteristics.

5. All submission need to be PM'd to me, the Dark Avenger. Voting is anonymous! So please don't discuss or post work. I know it's tempting to show off work, but you will have to wait for the results to get the recognition you deserve. Thanks!

6. No Art Theft. That means stealing work, ideas, ect. (This shouldn't be an issue with this contest though.)

7. Deadline: NOVEMBER 7th, 2014.

TEMPLATES:

Digital or Hand-Drawn Art Template
Link to large image of Silhouettes

Pixel Art Template
untitled.png

Participants:

The Dark Avenger
shvihka
MorallyIncorrect
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Absol used bite!
Sheerow

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I'll join. The silhouettes really seem like a challenge, should be fun :)

Years
I'll join. The silhouettes really seem like a challenge, should be fun :)

Great!

Yeah, I tried to make the figures as ambiguous as possible to elicit a broad range of diverse designs. For all you know, they could all be reptilian or mammals.

I look forward to your entry! Best of luck.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
This reminds me of when I first heard about the 5th gen starters. The three fanmade images based on the silhouettes were my favorite pictures ever. Until the official art was released...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I think I'm going to give this one a shot too. Sounds like fun the more I think about it! :)

Years
Seems interesting! What are the prizes for this? :)

Oh, I forgot to list prize info! Thanks for the reminder.

Tentatively, emblems should follow this pattern:

1st place - Gold Designer
2nd place - Silver Designer
3rd place - Bronze Designer
1+ vote - Up-and-coming designer
Everyone - Gallery Collaborator

After each competition, I would love to keep all entries in a gallery thread. After getting several art pieces in the gallery, you can earn even more emblems.

I would also like to give other people a chance to host, or at least suggest themes as well. That can be another prize in and of itself for winners and runner-ups (if the winner had suggested the previous theme.)

If anyone has suggestions let me know.

Last edited:

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Might as well get in on this! It's a great premise (this in particular and the idea of Art Designer Contests).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Just a reminder that everyone has less than a week to submit their designs! Best of luck to all the participants!
gotta get mine in soon >_>

Also, just wanted to share: this thread is currently the most viewed and highest trending link on PC's twitter page! Neat, right? :)

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I just sent in my submission. They were really hard to make, took me a week to get all three of them done.

Back