• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neko Mizu

Kawaii
Years
  • For the catch rates, I believe you will find this useful. It takes into account quite a few things, and it includes how certain Poke Balls change the catch rate if you scroll down to the bottom of Generation 3.

As for the amount of non-evolved Pokemon, I'll try have a look. I know there are around 55-60ish Pokemon that haven't been evolved into and can evolve. And then about 45-50 added onto that if you are including Pokemon that can be evolved into and do not evolve (e.g Nosepass, Spinda and Legendaries)

I was hoping for a generator like thing. Because we are doing this with cards, and it feels like we would have to do the whole capture thing randomly or just automatically 'catch' the Pokemon. So I basically want a program or online generator thing to determine if we catch or not. Is that even possible? We could even roll dice now that I think about it.. Still, it would be nice to have a program. If there are any programs that you know of, that would be great. And I was looking for all unevolved (Including Spinda, Nosepass, legends, etc.) So yeah.

Years
  • I have Pokemon Emerald with a dry battery. The question is, how do I get a Shiny Rayquaza?

I've read about soft resetting not working on Emerald, or when the battery is dry. I can see most of people talking about this also know nothing about this, so if someone knows the answer to my question, please let me know :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Googled some things.

And yes, once the internal battery is dry in Ruby/Sapphire, the RNG runs like Emerald's. That means that it runs consistently, and doesn't change. For an example, let's say at exactly 17 seconds and 32 milliseconds in, I run into a shiny Pokemon. At 17 seconds and 32 milliseconds in, I will ALWAYS run into a shiny Pokemon, no matter what.

Of course, finding a shiny Pokemon requires having a shiny frame first, so if you don't have any shiny frames at all, you will never find a shiny. All you will have is regular frames. This is why it's not generally recommended to shiny hunt on these games.

I have a shiny frame on my Emerald 16 seconds in, which is early enough to soft reset for a shiny starter, so I would recommend starting over and SRing at least 100-250 times. If no shiny appears at all by that point, you don't have an early shiny frame on that file and you must start a new one and repeat the process. This way, you're not actually abusing the RNG.

This was from a thread on Serebii regarding a similar question to yours. There's also this if you would like to read up more on the Emerald RNG. The way that guy worded his post though, it sounds like the RNG freezes up on a certain time when the battery is dry, so I think you would have to rely on using the RNG method rather than just SRing. If anyone else has a better answer or if I'm wrong, definitely feel free to correct me. I'm really good at gen V RNG, but gen III is definitely not my forte.

Years
  • Googled some things.

This was from a thread on Serebii regarding a similar question to yours. There's also this if you would like to read up more on the Emerald RNG. The way that guy worded his post though, it sounds like the RNG freezes up on a certain time when the battery is dry, so I think you would have to rely on using the RNG method rather than just SRing. If anyone else has a better answer or if I'm wrong, definitely feel free to correct me. I'm really good at gen V RNG, but gen III is definitely not my forte.

Thanks.

In case anyone else wonders, I figured out that basically, all this RNG stuff means that in Emerald(regardless the battery status), and in Ruby/Sapphire given that battery is dried, Shiny will appear only at the certain moment after you turn the game on. So if that moment is somewhere after you start the game, you're in luck, if it's like xy minutes after you're in the game, tough luck. Try SR-ing for some time, after that you're better of trading for one.
    That's how I understood it, Im not completely sure.

Anyway, thanks Sydian :)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hi Guys.
    I just EV-Trained my first Pokémon ever :3
    It was a Swellow (It was in a HackROM of Pokemon Ruby, but the training was exactly the same as Pokémon Ruby)

It isn't the best pokémon ever created or something, but i'm kinda happy with it.
    Now, i want some opinions:
    Was the training productive?
    Did the final stats obtained a good amount at lvl 100?

An Image of him:
    Spoiler:

Note:
    (I didn't want him to have Featherdance, it's just i didn't had an Emerald Save, so i wasn't able to trade him there and make him learn Endure :c)

Cya~

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
    Years
  • PokeRus

Hey,

Recently I got PokeRus and was wondering, if I keep a whole party with PokeRus how long does it last, and can PokeRus go away from each of my Pokemon? Or will it stay forever?

Years
  • If you get Pokérus, deposit a Pokémon with it in your box and it won't go away as long as it's there. So it's best you hold onto at least one Pokémon with Pokérus at all times if you'll want to keep it!

Years
  • Sorry, but I don't get quite what you mean.

Basically Pokerus is a Pokemon virus of sorts and it can spread to all the other members in your party. What Pendraflare was trying to say is after your team gets Pokerus, you should deposit one of the infected Pokemon into a PC. What this does is it prevents that Pokemon from curing itself from Pokerus. Which allows you to keep spreading it to other Pokemon if you see fit without the danger of you loosing it.

BTW Pokerus lasts around I think 1-4 days.

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
    Years
  • Basically Pokerus is a Pokemon virus of sorts and it can spread to all the other members in your party. What Pendraflare was trying to say is after your team gets Pokerus, you should deposit one of the infected Pokemon into a PC. What this does is it prevents that Pokemon from curing itself from Pokerus. Which allows you to keep spreading it to other Pokemon if you see fit without the danger of you loosing it.

BTW Pokerus lasts around I think 1-4 days.

Oh haha but to be honest I don't really need to keep PokeRus.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    Pokerus is actually really good, and for a main play through I would recommend boxing the infected Pokemon until you have a well established team, then spread the Pokerus to every member of the team.

KodakKid3

Aggron
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Frontier Brain Isn't Appearing?

I'm in pokemon Emerald, I was at the Battle Factory doing open level double tournaments.

I currently have a streak of 28. Shouldn't I have met the frontier brain for the silver medal after 21?

Years

• I'm in pokemon Emerald, I was at the Battle Factory doing open level double tournaments.

I currently have a streak of 28. Shouldn't I have met the frontier brain for the silver medal after 21?

According to Serebii's Emerald Frontier Brain page, the Battle Factory brain will only appear after 21 and 42 consecutive wins if the battles are 1v1. So I assume your problem is that you're doing doubles, not singles.

Also merged your thread onto the Simple Question & Answer thread - simple questions like these are best asked here, for future reference. =) Good luck!

No Worries

Biggest Obito fan ever!
    Years
  • I was trying to release my Snorlax, female and level 45. In Leaf Green. Just figured I should before I start a new game. Dunno.

Anyway something odd happens that doesn't with any other pokemon. When I release it it dissapears and reappears and it says "......! Snorlax came back! It must have been worried about you!"

What exactly is the cause of this? Can't find this anywhere

Years
  • I was trying to release my Snorlax, female and level 45. In Leaf Green. Just figured I should before I start a new game. Dunno.

Anyway something odd happens that doesn't with any other pokemon. When I release it it dissapears and reappears and it says "......! Snorlax came back! It must have been worried about you!"

What exactly is the cause of this? Can't find this anywhere

Does your Snorlax know an HM move? You can't release a Pokemon if it knows an HM move.

spaceknightHan

the last fallen spaceknight
    Years
  • where on earth is a master ball?!?!!?!?!?!?!

so im playing pokemon sapphire and ive just recently caught my kyogre! yes! but it took forever. and if im gona catch all legionaries like latias, or regice, im gona need masterballs.
    if anyone knows ways to get ways to get master balls without another person and trading and what not. plz help. :(

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • The lottery. .__. But I've never won that.....
    Just use strategy. :3 Rayquaza was caught in a Pokeball on my game, and I had to use Crobat to Mean Look Latias about a hubdred times before finally catching her. :3 the regis can be saved before you battle them.

Edit: My sister just won the lottery in OR and won a Masterball, all 5 digits matched up with a wondertraded Sableye. =_= Wut.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back