• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

After pokemon sun and moon

Which u guys think coming After sn/mn

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • I don't think we'll get another remake seeing as that tends to be every other generation, maybe we'll see a sequel to Sun and Moon seeing as third versions might be a thing of the past now.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Remakes of Diamond and Pearl or a prequel to Sun & Moon. I think it's a little too far in advance but assuming they stick to the release pattern, at that stage we'll be at the end of 2017 moving into 2018. That would mean that D/P would have been released for 11 or 12 years respectively making it more than possible for a remake to happen.

Socratic

Howdy
    Years
  • Despite relatively disliking them for a long time, I think that remakes of D/P/Pt would be really nice, but I'm not sure if that is all too likely to happen too soon. For now, I'll hedge my bets with Pokemon Z :P

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    I have a feeling that Pokemon will never die, they'll keep rehashing games or rehashing material. In the end (if there is one), there will be around like 20 original based games (like playing FireRed, Yellow, etc) and maybe 10 or so alternative games (like Stadium, Pokken, etc).

I'll be honest, as much as I love Pokemon, the series really needs to stop. It's becoming one of those situations where if you are unable to afford it, then you'll have nobody to play games with, since everyone else (or most people probably) will have the latest and you'll be a few generations or so behind.

Like right now, I only own all the GB and GBC ones, and not a single person that lives nearby still plays those. Most people that I know now own X & Y, Pokken, and other newer Pokemon games, which I'm still sticking to the old school cause that's all I had money for a while ago.

Socratic

Howdy
    Years
  • There's nothing wrong with playing older games; in fact sometimes it's nice to play on the older ones by yourself. However, it is much harder to use connections in the older games, so even those who have the older games would be more unlikely to use them with other people, due to this difficulty. Add to this eventual obsolescence and their own social beliefs that this type of thing would occur, and it's pretty much guaranteed.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I want more sequels. With B2W2 I realized how cool it was to travel back to a region where things had slightly changed, but were mostly the same. A remake would be fine by me as well, since they always add cool new things in remakes. Maybe a DPPt sequel.

Years
  • I'm probably hoping for a B2/W2-esque sequel again, especially since I can't see another remake coming so soon after OR/AS was already a thing, and third versions appear to be a thing of the past due to Game Freak finding them too predictable.

t0gekiss

I'm praying for Sinnoh remakes, but it'll most likely be S2 & M2 or Eclipse.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    Probably remakes of Diamond, Pearl, or even Platinum. (I hope.)

They'll probably make a new Mystery Dungeon game, as always.

I highly doubt Gamefreak will make any more Kanto or Johto games. Even if FR/LG and HG/SS's graphics are kinda dated now, those were ALREADY the remakes of Kanto and Johto. Another remake of the same game might be too much.

I doubt they will make Z or X2/Y2 either. They should've done that while we were still in the 6th gen. Besides, there wasn't enough story for those games anyway.

As for B&W, it will probably be remade in 8th gen. Hopefully the sequels too.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    3D, open world, more traditional RPG. I think we're at the end of the "two versions" handheld format and heading toward something new

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    3D, open world, more traditional RPG. I think we're at the end of the "two versions" handheld format and heading toward something new

I think you've actually got a good point. The success of a game like Pokemon GO along with the number of non-traditional choices being made for S/M could be indicative that they're interested in really changing up the Pokemon games in the future.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I think you've actually got a good point. The success of a game like Pokemon GO along with the number of non-traditional choices being made for S/M could be indicative that they're interested in really changing up the Pokemon games in the future.

Yeah, and with the changes they implemented into X/Y onward we're already seeing a more 3D, open world experience that draws from more tradition RPGs.

I think it'll be more like Ni No Kuni both style wise and gameplay wise than anything we're used to from Pokemon.

Socratic

Howdy
    Years
  • Contrariwise, a point I've seen a little bit is how this year, the 20th anniversary of Pokemon, has been pointed towards inspiring nostalgia in the fans of the original games. What with Pokemon GO, Alola Forms of apparently Gen I games only, and the release of the originals on the Virtual Console, I believe that this set of games will be a re-introduction to the series for older players. But that's just what I've seen.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Gonna go through the whole list:
    Fr/lg squels : Not happening, we had RBY on VC, and a remake would just be fanservice >:(
    D/p squels: Most likely option right here.
    Sn/mn third version: Unlikely, GF hasn't been making third versions lately, and that's probably a good thing.
    Sn/mn squel: Unlikely, They would probably wait till gen 8, or just do a remake.
    Z: WE ARE NOT GOING TO KALOS!!! >:(
    Rainbow: This is just an unnofficial codename, we won't get a pokemon rainbow.
    B2/w2 squels: Another sequel, of a random game in the series?!?! unlikely.
    A new game: Possible.

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
    Years
  • I always wondered why people want to believe that FRLG sequels are coming anytime soon. It would be a real break from the trend, making a remake of a remake. And then there's that fact alone, that it would be a remake of a remake, which doesn't make sense for the company. If they've money-grabbed a game once, it's not going to work as well if they do it again for the same game.

I think that the DPPt sequels are coming next, or possibly SM2. Post #2 mentioned it skipping every other generation, but since GBA, it's only skipped one generation. Gen 3 had Red/Blue(or Green) remakes, Gen 4 had G/S remakes, Gen 5 didn't have any remakes, but it had a sequel, Gen 6 had R/S remakes, so I don't see why Gen 7 wouldn't do the same thing.

Back