• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree (2.0)

Days
    • Seen today
    As a person who likes boxing and has learnt a little bit boxing, I must say 'disagree'. :woop:
    Well, kicks generally made more damage but punches are much faster than kicks. I may say it depends on different fighting style.
    But I disagree anyway. :woop:

Some of the UMA (Unidentified Mysterious Animal) exists in the world.

Years
    • Seen today
    Probably, there are still many undiscovered species in the world.

Imo, it's impossible for capitalism to never be dominant in a large human society. Sure others may take over for a while, but it'll still come back.

Days
    • Seen today
    It depends on where is inside and outside, and who you are eating with. If you are just sitting beside a road, eating inside must be better. But if you are sitting facing a beautiful beach, I will say eating outside is better.
    Well… I will say 'Disagree' as I enjoy eating outside most of the time.

Foreign dishes always taste better than ours in my country.

Days
    Disagree completely. I am completely satisfied with the dishes which I get here, and I found them better than foreign dishes in tastes as well. Not to forget that dishes which originate at different countries are not done for fun and gimmick, but rather they were made considering the climate, environment and all other local factors there, hence they are bound to better. Taste is not everything always.

Sadly people run a lot behind the tastes and looks of food, as if those foods are served to them as the judges in cooking competition......

It is better to have time-bounded flexibility in carrying out our things.

Years
    • Seen today
    Agree. The one or 2 people you met that threw a tantrum don't represent the entirety of their community.

Everyone practices eugenics to an extent (usually small). And when I say eugenics, I don't mean the flawed racist one.
    Assuming you are a carrier for some heritable disease that would drastically reduce life quality, would you still go on to bear offspring?
    If you choose not to, you're technically trying to reduce the chance of non-desirable traits and improve their genetic quality.

Years
    "Everyone practices eugenics to an extent (usually small)." <--- Gonna assume this first part to be the statement.

I think a lot of people don't stop to think about this and I had to look up the word myself. I'll disagree.
    The word everyone always makes me reluctant to agree by itself too =P

People are too easily 'hyped' for things.

Years
    • Seen today
    Agreed. You just have to use a couple of buzzwords or controversial stuff and then you get a week or so of popularity before people see that nothing of value really changes.

The general public apathy and the "It doesn't affect me" mindset are the main causes for most of our preventable issues today.

Days
    • Seen today
    It's hard to say agree and disagree as the range of 'preventable issues' is too wide. If it's about something worldwide environmental problem like global warming and pollution, I may say 'partially agree' here. (I will say it's one of the main causes, but not the only one.)There are still lots of people not concerning the environment with the voice 'not my matter'.
    But if it's talking other like rise of health problems, or even poor and war, well, the causes are too complex here then.

Apologise is only a 'gesture' to make others feeling better, but it got no actually uses in all issues.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    I'd agree apologising can be only a gesture, I think the best apologies are where someone acknowledges what went wrong and wants to change it. It's like making a promise to fix the issue instead of being the direct solution.

Keeping this vague on purpose: You would say mainstream media has gotten worse in the past few years.

Years
    • Seen today
    Somewhat disagree because this is more subjective. You've may have either outgrown the age demographic, can notice more bad media or are biased by nostalgia. There will always be good and "less than good" mainstream media. You may have just tasted a lot of the latter and have that influencing your opinion.

Luck is a very relevant deciding factor for most of the opportunities you get.

Last edited:

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Yeah, big agree. Cheating in singleplayer games can be really interesting, as there's stuff I've learned about my favourite games I never would have known without cheat codes. It's fascinating to see what can happen. But it's a self-contained experience that isn't upsetting the game balance for anyone else, if you're using auto-aim or invincibility in a multiplayer game it makes things unfair and sours the experience for everyone.

Being bad at something is a good quality to have.

Years
    • Seen today
    Somewhat disagree. I wouldn't exactly call it good. Rather, it's one of those things that you just have to expect. Nobody's perfect. At the same time, getting better at something isn't bad either.

No hate or anything but addiction is a skill issue :p. It denotes the lack of some self control.

Back