• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree (2.0)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I disagree. Addiction is such a complicated thing. There are so many factors that could trap someone in any sort of addiction. And simply stopping is easier said than done. I'd even go so far and say that you're addicted to something that you may not even be aware of. :P

Cash money should stick around even if digital payment options become more and more relevant.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    I agree, I think cash is still useful since it's easier to send to people or pay for things quickly. Sometimes machines will be out of order, or people won't accept credit cards, or someone may just not be able to own something digital like that. I think there'd be a lot of problems caused if we just completely phased out cash.

An aquarium is a good place for a first date.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can't really agree or disagree with that since I've never gone to one before. But nothing wrong ever happens around fish :D so it would likely be nice.

Due to how subjective morality is, I believe it to be a great source of unnecessary and meaningless bias; a person's morals can be anything as long as they abide by the law.

Days
    An aquarium is a good place for a first date.
    Although answered, I will disagree. According to my knowledge about dates, they are meant for meeting and knowing two persons participating in the event. Hence the idea revolving around the background effects and such gimmicks are waste, and rather those two people should focus on knowing each other, rather than sightseeing. Hence that event could also take place at home.

Due to how subjective morality is, I believe it to be a great source of unnecessary and meaningless bias; a person's morals can be anything as long as they abide by the law

Disagree.

Laws are not necessary if ideals and well-being exists. People only use things like constitution, laws, etc just to catch people who are not behaving with morality. Personally speaking, ideals are most important for me, and everything else comes next.

Another issue with law is that it is mostly limited to humans mostly, and in changing era to endangered species and trees. But then one can also be cruel to animals like bovines, horses, ants, etc. and still follow the law, and the law keepers will see that person as a person of morality.

Law should have never came into existence if people would have followed the ideal behavior of a living being. I don't follow any law, and yet I had never been offended (except my early days into the forum, when I used to post repetitively) because I follow moral and ideal behaviors.

It is better to learn playing board games, rather than wasting time learning about useless FPS games, which claims the "false belief" that it increases hand-eye coordination.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Disagree. No game is "useless" and FPS already greatly appeals to a large group. People have preferences :p

Disagree.

Laws are not necessary if ideals and well-being exists. People only use things like constitution, laws, etc just to catch people who are not behaving with morality. Personally speaking, ideals are most important for me, and everything else comes next.

Another issue with law is that it is mostly limited to humans mostly, and in changing era to endangered species and trees. But then one can also be cruel to animals like bovines, horses, ants, etc. and still follow the law, and the law keepers will see that person as a person of morality.

Law should have never came into existence if people would have followed the ideal behavior of a living being. I don't follow any law, and yet I had never been offended (except my early days into the forum, when I used to post repetitively) because I follow moral and ideal behaviors.

Not trying to derail the purpose of this thread, but what "ideals" do you speak off. Subjective opinions based off your own thinking? Which is flawed by the sole fact that you are human. Imperfect just like us. Remember that's these "ideals" you speak off may not be shared by many other people.

The Law was created to give everyone something unbiased to follow. If enough people agree something is wrong, then a law will eventually be passed (if this isn't the case, then that society is doomed anyway).

A single individual's ideals/opinions/beliefs are irrelevant to the general populous unless they also agree with it.

As nice as being optimistic is, I believe it's delirious to say that things will be better in a decade or 2 (assuming nothing drastic changes with our system. I mean, just look at housing prices and all these subscriptions)

Last edited:
    Years
    Whenever I see statements along the lines of "it's year XXXX, how is thing Y still a thing?" I just roll my eyes and move on =P
    Humanity has been repeating a lot of the same mistakes over and over throughout history, so I expect no improvements whatsoever for the core things that always go wrong.
    And aside from that, with how humanity is screwing over the planet we live on things are only going to go downhill for humanity as a whole even more =P

Err.. anyway not sure if delirious is the word I'd use, but expecting things to improve simply because time has passed is er... unrealistic?

People are too easily offended if you turn down something they offer you.

Days
    Thanks for two replies in between; i can make a last post before being partial-dead.

No need to do this, but since i was inactive today, hence I think I can try again !!

I can answer in detail, but it will sound like heated argument, and I don't like to dive into those things. And the details can hurt lots of people if I begin to explain.

Plus I can understand the tone of asking as well, and another thing which i observed in the quoted reply but is not related to quoted person, but will left it to guess what's that !!

People are too easily offended if you turn down something they offer you.

You know the answer, you are smart enough to deduce it by now.😏 😉

7-8 hours sleep is not necessary.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    You know the answer, you are smart enough to deduce it by now.😏 😉
    So is that an agree or a disagree?

You shouldn't drive above the speed limit.
    Agree, it's there for a reason.

You prioritize facts over people's feelings when determining a course of action. (yes this is just an MBTI question but I thought it was neat)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Agree. Sentimentality has no place in rational decisions. Bias doesn't do anything good.

Every conscious well-minded person has a choice in any situation they end up in; it's just that the options may be undesirable to say the least.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    As your assumption is 'conscious well-minded person', I will say agree.

Pokemon Company are trying to make more different spin-off games other than just mainline games for attracting different types of customers.

Days
    Agree. Apart from few games which uses the concepts from mainline games, most spin-offs are bad. And add Pokemon Sleep into this list as well. I guess there is another toothbrush game or similar, but had never seen what's that. To make matter worse, The Pokemon Company even made their gatcha game, Pokemon Masters EX, just to make odd money which other gacha games make. This is the worst they could have done. Gatcha games are the worst choice of game in existence.

Hot showers are bad.

Days
    Agree; had it not existed, then let alone the fan games, but the first three gen would have slipped into obscurity because of the fact that Pokemon Franchise is now too ahead. And not to forget that enhancements we get makes the gameplay experience even better than original. Had something existed for NDS as well.......

Zoos and aquariums should not exist, rather animals/fishes should be allowed live in their protected environment like national parks, biodiversity parks, wildlife sanctuaries, etc.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Not sure about that, you can always compile to iOS, can't you?
    It's not the compiling aspect but the fact that Apple has been bottlenecking development progress as long as they can't profit off it. See how slow it took them to support PWAs.

Agree; had it not existed, then let alone the fan games, but the first three gen would have slipped into obscurity because of the fact that Pokemon Franchise is now too ahead. And not to forget that enhancements we get makes the gameplay experience even better than original. Had something existed for NDS as well.......
    Eh, not really. Iirc, rom hacks were the first to rise and they span from the game boy games to even sword and shield hacks. But I won't deny Poke Essentials has been helpful too.

Zoos and aquariums should not exist, rather animals/fishes should be allowed live in their protected environment like national parks, biodiversity parks, wildlife sanctuaries, etc.
    Agree. It's really saddening to see creatures confined to such small areas; especially in smarter animals like dolphins.

There can be no crime or wrongdoing, if there are no people left to seek retribution.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    If the actions of a single person results in eradicating the entire human race then I would very much see the outcome as a form of retribution albeit a very extreme one. If there are still people left but nobody dares to seek retribution it does not mean retribution will never follow. There will still be people who challenge these actions but in a way that challenges the system that allows these sorts of crime. The person who commit those crimes may never be directly punished. But those acts will show what changes are necessary for the future. In that sense I guess you could say that human evolution is inherently coupled with retribution no matter what happens.

Nihilism is for boring people.

Back