• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All I want game freak to do since 2006

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    Kricketune buff

New stats:
    HP: 96
    Attack: 106
    Defense: 63
    Sp Attack: 68
    Sp Defense: 63
    Speed: 84
    total: 480

Make him learn Bite around lvl 20.

That's it.

That's all I ask.

This is not crazy.

Please give Mr. delelele some love. Idc about him being strong, I just want him to be usable.

Old Kricketune stats:

HP:77
    Attack:85
    Defense:51
    Sp. Atk:55
    Sp. Def:51
    Speed:65
    Total:384

Last edited by a moderator:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Yeah, Kricketot and Kricketune are some of the more forgetable regional bugs and it's a shame. I think they definitely use some kind of buff.

Years
    I agree, along with many other Pokemon I wish were made usable. Tis another reason I enjoy rom hacks, bcs passionate fans are the ones in control, including stats~

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'd be down for a Kricketune buff. So many Bug types feel flimsy.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd rather give it a new evolution. Problem with buffing Kricketune is that it's a very early game Pokémon that evolves at level 10, we shouldn't have access to 450-500 BST Pokémon at that point in the game.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'd rather give it a new evolution. Problem with buffing Kricketune is that it's a very early game Pokémon that evolves at level 10, we shouldn't have access to 450-500 BST Pokémon at that point in the game.

Sorry to be that guy but...
    Pidgeot - 469 (479 Gen VI onwards)
    Raticate - 413
    Furret - 415
    Noctowl - 442
    Linoone - 420
    Swellow - 430
    Bibarel - 410
    Staraptor - 475
    Watchog - 420
    Stoutland - 490 (500 Gen VI onwards)

That's just the regions I've played. I know Kricketot is evolving very early there and until Gen V Bug-types early-game always evolved quick, were strong for the area (but with terrible moves) then overpowered if you still had them by gym 6. I'm reasonably happy with Kricketune for that reason - I think coming in a generation with actual Bug-type offense beyond Fury Cutter, and that amazing cry, are enough. But I'd certainly say a buff rather than an evolution would be fair. Even if it's just one of the Atk / Spe boosts OP mentioned rather than increasing every stat. Also even with a boost, in Sinnoh it would get obliterated by Roark, and Gardenia's Roserade has an additional Poison typing to remove its weakness, then its got poor matchups until Lucien (who has a Bronzong that would easily put a stop to it, especially if it had a speed buff and Bronzong hit it with Gyro Ball).

Another no to a potential evolution - how will they ever top that cry? Anyone who cared about Kricketune enough to want to use the evolution would only be disappointed.

In general though I am in favour of there being weak pokémon, not everything does need to be in the high 400s or above. Plus once you're more experienced it adds to the challenge, getting to use your favourite underpowered designs!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sorry to be that guy but...
    Pidgeot - 469 (479 Gen VI onwards)
    Raticate - 413
    Furret - 415
    Noctowl - 442
    Linoone - 420
    Swellow - 430
    Bibarel - 410
    Staraptor - 475
    Watchog - 420
    Stoutland - 490 (500 Gen VI onwards)

Precisely my point. Can you have a Pidgeot/Staraptor/Stoutland at level 10? No, you actually can't even have their middle stages at that point unless you're cheating like Falkner.

Two in that list (Bibarel and Furret) evolve at level 15. Noctowl, Linoone, Raticate and Watchog at level 20, and the three-stage lines after level 30. Kricketune is like Butterfree/Beedrill but without the cocoon middle-stage.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Oh yeah, I maybe didn't make it clear but overall I agree with you. Just saying if there were to be any sort of bump I'd definitely want a Kricketune bump rather than an evo.

cocoon middle-stage.

Oh yeah, now this is what we actually need. Would make no sense given the appearance of the existing evolutions, but I say do it and give it a silent cry!

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Primeape should get boosted stats as well. Its been my favorite Pokemon since gen 1. I always take a mankey if i can through each game. If not, well there are roms for a reason.

Back