• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All Scrambled Up!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Could probably narrow down the field considerably on Hint #3 alone. Not Rotom. Remembers Fire/Dragon working. Are there any unevolved Fire/Dragons? Perhaps some Water/Electric types? Not Chinchou. Must be dual typed, at minimum.

Alternatively, what Pokemon have a 'V'? Cannot be fully evolved either. Not Vullaby, Vulpix, Pidove, Luvdisc, Voltorb, Corvisquire, Eevee, Vibrava, Vigoroth, Skwovet. ...Snover?

Leaves "ilfndoor". Drifloon. Did not realize Ghost/Flying was unresisted.

Snover + Drifloon

Next scrambled pair: myclericmyfoe

Hint 1: Shares the same weight.
    Hint 2: Shares the same typing.
    Hint 3: Contains a common word between three of their abilities. Appears twice on one Pokemon's abilities and once in the other's. Does not share any abilities, however.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Could probably narrow down the field considerably on Hint #3 alone. Not Rotom. Remembers Fire/Dragon working. Are there any unevolved Fire/Dragons? Perhaps some Water/Electric types? Not Chinchou. Must be dual typed, at minimum.

Alternatively, what Pokemon have a 'V'? Cannot be fully evolved either. Not Vullaby, Vulpix, Pidove, Luvdisc, Voltorb, Corvisquire, Eevee, Vibrava, Vigoroth, Skwovet. ...Snover?

Leaves "ilfndoor". Drifloon. Did not realize Ghost/Flying was unresisted.

Snover + Drifloon

Very good! 😁

Next scrambled pair: myclericmyfoe

Hint 1: Shares the same weight.
    Hint 2: Shares the same typing.
    Hint 3: Contains a common word between three of their abilities. Appears twice on one Pokemon's abilities and once in the other's. Does not share any abilities, however.

I spotted Milcery right away. That left me with "ycemfo," but it still wasn't obvious to me. After that, I looked up its weight, which was 0.7 lbs. I then looked up Pokémon with the same weight and saw Comfey. It then became extremely obvious. The common word you're referring to is "Veil." Milcery has "Aroma Veil" and "Sweet Veil" as abilities and Comfey has "Flower Veil." Both are also Fairy-type.

Thus, my final answer is Milcery and Comfey.

EwEwAxApps

Hint #1: Both are not fully evolved.
    Hint #2: One is the signature Pokémon of a prominent character in the games and anime.
    Hint #3: The other Pokémon evolves extremely quickly, especially compared to the other.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    EwEwAxApps

Axew can be spotted right off the bat, especially since it and it's final evolution are the signature Pokémon of Iris, one of Ash's companions and one of the 8 toughest Trainers in the world if she's that skilled to reach the Masters 8 Tournament.

EwApps… SppaWe…

Aha! That be Spewpa, who evolves from Scatterbug at Level 9, whereas Axew evolves at Level 38, true to Unova's insanely late evolution acquirements.

So, my last answer to this riddle is Axew + Spewpa.

And they're even NFEs; Not Fully Evolved Mons.

With that puzzle now completed, here is my next contribution: BaporgachaJorpedro

Hint 1: Both are the signature Pokémon of two professional figures.
    Hint 2: Both are fully evolved.
    Hint 3: Both take advantage of the same mechanic.
    Hint 4: One of them is introduced in the very same generation as the mechanic it can use.
    Hint 5: Both share the same elemental weakness.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Not Sharpedo + Blaziken (Speed Boost). Not Greninja and Kecleon (Protean). Maybe something like Mega Evolutions or Gigantamax? Not Charizard or Gardevoir. Not Duraludon. Garbodor?

Leaves "apochajrpe". Must be a Generation 8 Gigatamax, with a Ground weakness. Who has Gigantamaxes? Ah, Copperajah. Thought of the wrong Pokemon for Rose.

Garbodor + Copperajah

Next scrambled pair: oeighthmagiclich

Hint 1: Eight letters for each Pokemon
    Hint 2: Shares no weaknesses OR resistances.
    Hint 3: Both fully evolved. Required more than just levels to evolve both.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Next scrambled pair: oeighthmagiclich

Hint 1: Eight letters for each Pokemon
    Hint 2: Shares no weaknesses OR resistances.
    Hint 3: Both fully evolved. Required more than just levels to evolve both.

I couldn't tell what it was by just looking this time, so I had to look for Pokémon that were fully evolved through more than just leveling with eight letters in their names. That left out many Pokémon such as starters and the common ones. I kept searching until I saw Chimecho and I was like, "Ok, I think Chimecho is in here. Let me sort it out to find out," and sure enough it was. Soon as I worked that out, I saw "igthagil." I instantly knew it was Gigalith by instantly looking at it. Now, to check my work. Both have eight letters in their names, one evolves with friendship at night while the other evolves through trading. Also, Psychic and Rock type share no resistances and weaknesses. You made sure to make this one difficult, Devalue, but nothing escapes the eye of The Great Serenity!

Final answer: Chimecho and Gigalith

ArabFanAllToMe

Hint #1: One is much more likely to be male than female.
    Hint #2: The other has a double weakness.
    Hint #3: Both come from completely different generations.

Years
  • ArabFanAllToMe

Hmm... not Fearow.... no w.

Flareon? Leaves:
    AabalTM - can't think of anything with this...

Leafeon requires a second e...

Talonflame ? Leaves:

Arab -> Abra ?

Talonflame + Abra !

atprogrammert
    Hint: One only has one type. The other is a dual type that is weak against one of it's own two types.
    Hint2: Neither is fully evolved.
    Hint3: One predates the other by 3 generations.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • ArabFanAllToMe

Hmm... not Fearow.... no w.

Flareon? Leaves:
    AabalTM - can't think of anything with this...

Leafeon requires a second e...

Talonflame ? Leaves:

Arab -> Abra ?

Talonflame + Abra !

Awesome! 😊

atprogrammert
    Hint: One only has one type. The other is a dual type that is weak against one of it's own two types.
    Hint2: Neither is fully evolved.
    Hint3: One predates the other by 3 generations.

This one is a very tricky and probably the hardest one yet. Great job for putting in the effort to throw people off. When I first started this, I saw "Magmar," leaving me with "tporert." Then, after a while trying to work it out, I realized there was no such Pokémon with this letter combination. After a little while, I saw "Patrat," leaving me with "rogmmer." After reading the hints, knowing that Patrat is gen 5, I figured the other Pokémon would have to be either from gen 8 or gen 2. At that point, Morgrem was easy to spot.

Final answer: Patrat and Morgrem

SheuMeicDidRyeEra

Hint #1: One appears in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS as a trophy
    Hint #2: Both have a type-combination that hit other Pokémon with unresisted STAB
    Hint #3: If you simply look hard enough, you may (or may not) get it instantly.

Years
  • SheuMeicDidRyeEra

Let's see.... c, D, y and e... would Decidueye happen to be in here? Apparently so.
    Which leaves:
    ShMiREra -> Reshiram.

Decidueye + Reshiram

Saw Decidueye almost straight away. Solved it fast for once =D

goomantelopego
    Hint: One of them has an unique type combination. The other only has one type.
    Hint 2: Both are fully evolved.
    Hint 3: One of them is from a line that hasn't been catch-able at all; other than the games it was introduced in.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    goomantelopego

Goom Antelope Go

Og Epoletna Moog

A line that hasn't been obtainable other than their debut generation, it would seem…

As one has a unique type combination, I believe, after consulting the National Dex for clues, one Pokémon may stand out with this regard; Empoleon!

Goat Go.. Easy, that shall be Gogoat!

Empoleon + Gogoat!

Gogoat is one Pokémon that hasn't been obtainable since it's debut, though I often default to the long way round by National Dex order.

Anyways, here's my next puzzle for you.

ChatPoxNexeSoyA

1. Both are very viable options competitively.
    2. One is pure-type. The other has dual-type combo.
    3. One is not fully evolved, but the other most certainly is.
    4. Both are very rare, though one is notorious for being far more frustrating to find, let alone, catch.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Is the use of the National Dex actually permitted for this game, now that I think about it?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Is the use of the National Dex actually permitted for this game, now that I think about it?

I would hope so. You'd have to be extremely knowledgeable about Pokémon names and Pokémon in general to get this stuff without using a guide in some form or fashion. Also, many of the hints given basically require you to look some stuff up. It makes the game a lot more fun to me when you play it that way. Otherwise, it would feel like a chore. Anyways, I solved your puzzle! 😁

Final answer: Chansey and Toxapex

I didn't have to look up anything this time. I only considered one hint, which is both being rare and one being very hard to catch. With that, I instantly saw Chansey in the scramble. She was very difficult to catch in the early games with Safari Zone. After I got that, Toxapex was easy to spot. Not many Pokémon even have one X in their name, let alone two. Both are very good competitively for stalling as well. The thing about that is someone that doesn't play competitively probably wouldn't have known that and thus would have been more likely to look that up. Nothing's wrong with that, I'd say!

My puzzle:

BromIbitMySpur

Hint #1: One has many different forms.
    Hint #2: One has only one weakness.
    Hint #3: One is typically encountered in unique ways.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    BromIbitMySpur

Many different forms… Burmy has at least theee, so that's a start.

Olmbritsp… Since the l is actually a capital i, that shall be… Spiritomb!

Burmy + Spiritomb

Here's my next puzzle for you, as per usual.

PalmZaaamChakam

Hint 1: Both are in the same Egg Group.
    Hint 2: One is considered absolutely fearsome in battle, though it is very fragile.
    Hint 3: Both have an identical requirement for evolution.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • BromIbitMySpur

Many different forms… Burmy has at least theee, so that's a start.

Olmbritsp… Since the l is actually a capital i, that shall be… Spiritomb!

Burmy + Spiritomb

Here's my next puzzle for you, as per usual.

PalmZapamChakam

Hint 1: Both are in the same Egg Group.
    Hint 2: One is considered absolutely fearsome in battle, though it is very fragile.
    Hint 3: Both have an identical requirement for evolution.

Oh wow, you solved mine very fast. Very good!

When I saw yours and read the hints, I instantly thought Alakazam and Machamp. Alakazam was easy to spot because of the Z, L, and large number of As, and Machamp is in the same egg group as Alakazam. Alakazam has always been a great fearsome special sweeper, but its Defense is extremely low. Both also evolve when traded. However, when I unscrambled it, I spotted an error:

alakaZam
    mPChamp

That P above should be an A.

Final answer: Unless this actually isn't an error and you just really went out of your way to make this one super duper tricky, my final answer is Alakazam and Machamp. I am sure that it is an error though because based on the hints, it would make no sense for it not to be.

ILuvTheMons

Hint #1: One is not fully evolved while the other is.
    Hint #2: "Swiper no swiping!"
    Hint #3: One only has one type

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Thievul + Snom. The "Swiper no swiping!" memes are too fresh in my mind.

SilverYAuraOSi

Hint 1: Both are dual types which have the exact same type combination.
    Hint 2: Both are middle stages of three-stage evolutionary lines.
    Hint 3: One of them used to be a single-stage Pokémon.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Sudowoodo + Magmar

Next scrambled pair: bigupfteku

Hint: Five letters each. Not fully evolved for both.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Celebi + Meltan

Next scrambled pair: soupsinkskirt

Hint 1: Seven letters and six letters
    Hint 2: Introduced them in the same generation.

Back