• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All things bloody!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I got told that I was A or B, once. I can't remember which one though. :p

As for donating, I haven't gotten to that stage yet. Do I plan to donate? Well, the last needle I ever remember getting jabbed into my skin was a long time ago. From what I was told, I practically evacuated the whole centre with my screaming. I was four, okay? I'm not sure what to think of needles yet. They don't seem that bad. Just something that pricks into your skin. Maybe it's like a splinter, I really can't remember. I'd still donate though, it's nice to know that you might of saved someone's life.

To be honest, I feel a bit dizzy at the sight of blood. It's probably the main reason why I don't like watching crime-related shows. I just hate looking at injuries, big or small. I mean, I wouldn't faint if someone had a papercut. But knowing someone else could be hurt, makes me incredibly nervous. Seeing my own blood? I just flinch at it. Overall spilling blood isn't a pleasant thing. I know that I'd hurl straight into the nearest bucket, if I tried watching a murder scene in NCIS. :[

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    I don't know my blood type, and I haven't really gave the thought of donating blood really. I might do though, now I think about it. Seeing blood itself hasn't really made me uncomfortable though I can't say I've seen massive amounts of it like a huge wound or something. I don't mind seeing it in video games or movies, though sometimes if it's overdone then it can make me feel a bit nauseous.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    Do you know your blood type? What is it?
    O. Unsure whether positive or negative.

Have you ever donated blood?
    No. Never considered and never will. My insides lurch at the mention or even the thought of needles piercing through skin and muscle (aka injections).

Do you get scared/nervous/ill at the sight of blood?
    In small quantities such as in scrape wounds or cuts, no. I can't say for sure when it comes to larger, bloodier, gaping wounds in which blood might flow freely, but I imagine it might make me quite uncomfortable.

Years
    Do you know your blood type? What is it?
    Not sure, but I think I'm in one of the most common groups.

No I haven't and I wouldn't do it because of my fear of needles.

Yeah it creeps me out, hence why I'd never look at scenes of it.

Aurora2698

Unofficial Semicolon Queen
    Years
    I don't know what my blood type is, but I'd like to find out at some point. Unfortunately, my parents never seem to be able to find time for me to get a simple blood test so it looks like I'll be waiting a while to find that out.

I'm fifteen, which I'm pretty sure is too young to donate blood, but I probably won't ever do so when I become old enough because the thought of draining 500 mL of my blood or whatever quantity it is frightens me. I can take injections, though, so I'll probably give donating a go eventually.

Considering I bite my nails and skin (disgusting habit, yes, but it's hard to break habits you've had for the past thirteen years) I see my own blood regularly and my interest in medicine is enough that I see quite a few bloody images as I scour information sources, which has gradually desensitised me of any fear of blood I might have had.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    We had a blood drive at school recently, but I never signed up. I wish I had, I'm curious about my blood type. My mom has diabetes so I'm pretty sure she could just prick my finger and we could send it to a lab or something and I could find it if I wanted. I wish I had signed up for the drive. There's normally one later in the year; I plan to sign up for that one!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I don't mind blood, I actually like it - movies, video games, music videos.... and I have to check my own blood every day (blood glucose because of Diabetes) so I grown accustomed to it.

Do you know your blood type? What is it? - I don't know what mine is.

Have you ever donated blood? - no I haven't, and down know if I can with diabetes (type 2)

Do you get scared/nervous/ill at the sight of blood? - I check my blood every day, I see it a lot in movies and music videos so I don't get scared of it, I hear it a lot in music. So No, I'm not scared of it or the sight of it.

Last edited:

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I think my blood type is O, and no, I have never donated blood but I do plan on doing so. I'm really afraid of needles, but if I could save someone's life just by giving him or her my blood, then it's all worth it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I've no idea what my blood type is and I've never donated. Blood doesn't make me sick to the sight, thankfully, because I'd be really confused at the idea of getting nauseous as the sight of my own bodily fluids.

Airbourne Bubblegum said:
    No, because I think I'm too underweight to even donate blood.

You can be too underweight to donate blood? o.o

Years
    Do you know your bloodtype? What is it?

No idea tbh, haha.

No. I am not allowed due to a health condition I have. Plus I have a big fear of needles.

Yes. I get very light headed at the sight of blood, even a small amount. That only applies to real life though. I can stand seeing it on TV shows and movies lol.

Back