• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Hello, just got badge #5, love your patch so far, thank you for your work :)
One quick question: where can I find a Dusk Stone?
The text files you included say "inside Mt. Pyre", but I've looked EVERYWHERE and it's not there. :( I even scanned the entire zone for hidden items.
I'd really like to evolve my Murkrow. :)

Thanks

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
Hello, awesome hack. I have some bugs to report, and a few personal suggestions.

Bugs (or maybe Features, but I dunno)
1. If a pokemon with the ability Imposter is switched in during the invulnerable turn of Fly or Dig, the game bugs out and crashes.
2. Every room in the elite four that has a rare candy actually gives you two rare candies instead of 1.
3. The Drain Punch tutor outside the Psychic Gym teaches Pound.
4. TM 38 and TM 48 are nowhere to be found.
5. The Battle Tent in Slateport doesn't work.
6. When you get the new pokemon from Steven after beating the Elite Four, it still says "Do you want to give a nickname to this Beldum?"
7. Wally battles you twice in the same spot after beating Victory Road.
8. If your opponent has a Kakuna, sometimes its sprite doesn't disappear.
9. Nature Power does not work as Flash or Fly.

Feedback/Recommendations (Entirely personal, do not take it as objective)
1. The early routes have too many pokemon, while caves and tall grass still maintain their lack of diversity. I would highly recommend not making so many pokemon exclusive to the early routes, or at least balance out the later parts of the game with better variety.
2. The early routes are also unnecessarily complex. The beginning of the game feels very weird compared to the later stages, because the initial routes are winding and narrow and the later routes are just straight and mostly unchanged. I really like the new victory road, however.
3. The ability switcher is way too overpowered. Maybe it could be implemented as a purchasable 'ability capsule', or have the service cost a bit of money.
4. Some of the rewards for playing out of the ordinary, like exploring alternate routes are very underwhelming or nonexistent. While a lot of places are interesting and fun like the Pai Canyon, the Tar Pit, and Frey Manor, they don't seem to serve any other purpose than to host a TM or a move tutor. Adding more exclusive pokemon to these areas would make them interesting to visit.
5. Innards Out should not be so common in the wild. It ruins the experience of a Nuzlocke, since you cannot train your pokemon in the path to the right of the Flying gym. Maybe make Innards Out an exclusive ability that can be switched into, but wild politoed and trainers that have Innards Out pokemon are extremely annoying and dangerous to Nuzlockers.
6. I really like the changed stats, but speed-creeping is very annoying in this game. A lot of otherwise balanced pokemon are now completely off the charts, and a lot of the times it takes you by surprise. Speed should not be buffed so drastically. I was able to run through the entire lategame with a single Togekiss with Air Slash. This should not be possible. Other pokemon that have had massive speed boosts for no reason are Sableye, Charizard, Bellosom, Dewgong, Milotic etc. I call these speed boosts unreasonable is because a lot of these pokemon are balanced due to their low speed. Now, pokemon like Alakazam and Gengar, who didn't receive any boosts to their stats completely useless. Making a pokemon bulkier or hit harder is a good and simple way to buff a pokemon, but making them faster and still balanced takes a lot of these pokemon now have no downsides to using them. It makes them too viable.
7. A lot of better alternate and useful abilities are not added. Volbeat and Illumise don't get prankster, Persian does not have Technician, Hitmonlee does not get Reckless etc. A lot of these abilities was why these pokemon were useful in the first place. Their removal seems arbitrary.
8. Some pokemon do not carry over movesets to reflect their new type. For example, Electivire, who is now a fighting type, does not learn any good fighting moves by default, while Electabuzz does. I think the last evolutions of many pokemon should get a few good level 1 moves to be taught by the move tutor.

I really enjoyed the hack. I nuzlocked through it twice and am working to complete the pokedex in my new playthrough. Keep up the good work, I really look forward to seeing a polished and unique Alternate Emerald.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 19, 2018
This is so far the best emerald rom in my opinion, I really enjoy it. Pls fix the contest, I really do hope this hack to be fully completed. On the side note, why the ability of gengar is bad dream? hmm... i tot it should be cursed body in gen 7 or Levitate before.
Anyway, tks for the hack, good job.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 9, 2018
Hey Luuma. The hack looks awesome! But for some reason I cant download on my android emulator. Can you make a new link? :)

THENoahMG

Noahminecraftguy
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
hey! I've recently stumbled upon this and atttempted to emulate it using My Boy! and Visual Gameboy, but neither of them recognized any of the files as game files. Help? (I'm an android user, if that helps)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
hey! I've recently stumbled upon this and atttempted to emulate it using My Boy! and Visual Gameboy, but neither of them recognized any of the files as game files. Help? (I'm an android user, if that helps)

Did you make sure to apply the patch to a clean Emerald rom, and does the rom end with a .gba extension?

THENoahMG

Noahminecraftguy
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Smh, I didn't. I hadn't known this was an attachment of sorts. Thanks!
but, uhm... How do i do that? Do i just slide the altered-emerald.zip into the actual emerald file?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Smh, I didn't. I hadn't known this was an attachment of sorts. Thanks!
but, uhm... How do i do that? Do i just slide the altered-emerald.zip into the actual emerald file?

If your an Android user, you need to install Rom Patcher from the Play Store, then get an emerald rom, make sure it's not in a zip file, then extract the .ips patch from altered-emerald.zip, Rom Patcher will apply the patch for you, and then you can play it. If you're on PC, you'll need Lunar IPS to apply the patch.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 15, 2019
Dumb question but how the heck do I sneak past the grunt that says he can hear me in one of the last rooms in the magma hideout? It's been driving me nuts for a month and a half now

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
You have to figure out the patterns they're walking in, and then try to make sure you walk (don't run or they're going to spot you 100%), by when they're not looking into your direction/walking away from you.

Abusing savestates helps a lot here.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 15, 2019
Ok so now how do I get based her since she copies my movements?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-07 at 1.24.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-07 at 1.24.42 PM.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 22

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
I actually don't remember which pattern I used exactly, but make sure she stands right above the bottom wall, facing downward, before you can sneak past her. Walk right above her when she does.

Back