• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Tried it already. Didn't work

Is it impossible to talk to now?

If you've only just beaten the weather institute, you don't have the Devon scope yet, because you aren't meant to be able to go to Fortree until you have a few more levels. Try heading up route 123 instead!

Luuma did you fix the wally battle?
If you was give to ampharos a secondary type what you would give ?
Yes I know than it's strong but its don't have a another one good stab move at least give them normal or dragon or at least....fairy sorry if you dislike the fairy type...thanks

Is there a recent issue with the Wally battle??? How long ago are we talking?? I've broken and mended this guy in a few places a few times! I've just checked every encounter with him in the game, and he seems A-OK, so I think I must have done!

I think fairy is definitely the best suggestion for ampharos' secondary type, I still prefer it as a pure electric type, but it kind of makes sense for it to have Dazzling Gleam as a stab move given its lighthouse status. Runner up would be Normal. I will consider making Ampharos and Flaafy fairy types, but right now I've made a lot of type changes and can imagine it being confusing!

Last edited:

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
Years
So, I'm just gonna leave this here if anyone notices. Could someone create a TM location guide? Dig isn't anywhere to be found and it's required for THAT puzzle, unless it's either been changed or I'm just blind.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Online now
I like this game a lot, but the pokedex sorta irks me a bit. Joke entries sorta rob from the experiance.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 16, 2018
What is the change in the Roxanne s battle?
Wally s error seems fixed...more one time thanks.....buuut venomoth poison dragon would be too interesting and imagine a poison move than reduces atk and poison just for venomoth and dustox....nope this will be exaggerate , but if the the idea is good...and Eletric fairy is a good typing and dasling gleam a good move....even i preferring more your animation for ?? light(serious...how i put this moon? )thanks for the great hack.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 16, 2019
You made every stone location except the thunder stone. I cought a eevee in the start of the game so I could get a flash fire jolteon but now my modest eevee is level 40 killing things with physical normal atacks ( adaptability OP )

So, where can i get a thunderstone as soon as possible? Or even, where can I get a thunder stone at all? I am almost evolving this one to a espeon if I dont find a thunder stone soon

@edit other thing is i am in meteor falls now and was trying to get a dratini... my emulator runs in constant 2.75x speed and i spent 3 hours there ( more than 500 encounters, I ran away in all exept bagons ), cought a entire box of bagons and no sight of dratini. Are the chances really low? Do i have to be surfing? Using some kind of rod? I Really wanted a dragonite but i wont spend more hours not even knowing for sure if it is there.

Last edited:

luuma

Years
So, where can i get a thunderstone as soon as possible?
@edit other thing is i am in meteor falls now and was trying to get a dratini...

god balls dammit dude you missed out on so much!!! EVERY EEVEELUTION can evolve into Jolteon with a thunderstone! Use thunderstones on Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, vaporeon and they'll all be a jolteon! I really need to make Eevee's dex entry a bit more clear

I think the first thunder stone is just on route 110, accessible by surfing to a little patch of land just behind New Mauville. There might be one before then, but I forget where.

Dratini is catchable via fishing rod! I think it's there for both the good rod and Super Rod
So, I'm just gonna leave this here if anyone notices. Could someone create a TM location guide? Dig isn't anywhere to be found and it's required for THAT puzzle, unless it's either been changed or I'm just blind.

Dig is no longer a TM. it's learned by level up for Sandshrew, Diglett, Poochyena, Growlithe, and Snubbull. Diglett's the earliest, you use rock smash to find them in Corgeit Chamber on route 113 (approach from old lady's house route 111) I just updated the description with all the changed TM locations, thanks for the reminder!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 16, 2019
god balls dammit dude you missed out on so much!!! EVERY EEVEELUTION can evolve into Jolteon with a thunderstone! Use thunderstones on Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, vaporeon and they'll all be a jolteon! I really need to make Eevee's dex entry a bit more clear

I think the first thunder stone is just on route 110, accessible by surfing to a little patch of land just behind New Mauville. There might be one before then, but I forget where.

Dratini is catchable via fishing rod! I think it's there for both the good rod and Super Rod

Holy shit I feel so stupid right now. It was one of the features I saw and liked and made me courious about it. After I start playing autopilot comes in and I forget about it. I really did not have to train a level 45 eevee until I found mine thunderstone (I was mad checking everywhere) in mawille.

About the dratini, thanks for the clarification, when I get my good rod I am going there again . I am already good with a decent salamance out of a box of bagons. I think my grind just killed the game, I even got lucky egg early in the game from wild chansey and i am way too overleveled now :(

And man, I apreciate your excelent work on this game, I am having loads of fun and most of the things are really well done! I saw a big acro bike puzzle near fortree city but I had a march bike on and did not have fly yet. After getting fly I switched my bikes and went back there. It was a nice puzzle, made me think it would be at least a great TM and it was TM 20 thunder. I had hopes on earthquake but sounds good. Keep up with the good work!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 11, 2017
Nice game, really like the puzzles, evolves n items here.

I found transkitt pokemon in altering cave route 103, is that bug or intentional?

luuma

Years
Nice game, really like the puzzles, evolves n items here.

I found transkitt pokemon in altering cave route 103, is that bug or intentional?

it's not a bug, it's Bug/Electric. It's also intentional!

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2019
So I have noticed that Umbreon has Espeon's moveset...which doesn't quite fit. Was this intentional?

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
I'm enjoying this hack so far, though there's a few snags. I can't get Graveler or Wurmple to evolve, even though they've hit their proper evolution levels. This may have something to do with capture EXP...? It's the only thing I can think of, since I can't exactly open this hack in an editor without a proper .ini.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 10, 2022
Hi! I'm up to the last part of the Victory Road, but when I interact with the two last trainers, the game crashes, is this the end of the game or what am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Why can't I get some of the buried items? My itemfinder goes crazy, but I can't get the item. I even thought Dig would be the way to go, but it didn't work. :T

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Also, there are some invisible walls blocking my passage after the Weather Institute and some other areas previous to this one.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 22, 2017
Absolutely loving this so far, I started playing just over a week ago and this forum has helped answer a lot of questions I've had!

There's only one thing bugging me...the repel system really doesn't work. I've read through previous posts and a couple of people have mentioned it I think. I didn't try to use a repel until Mt Pyre when I got cheesed off by Shuppets, tried to use a repel but it says I can't because "the effects linger from earlier" I have not used a repel in this game whatsoever.

The pokemon I was attempting to repel were 5 levels lower than my lead, so it's not to do with them being a higher level.

Continued on but I am now at the 8th gym and still can't use repels. The encounters were awesome early game so it never bothered me but there's only so many tentacruel you can cope with in an hour you know?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
Hello Luuma, I would like to know what the rom ini you used for pokemon altered emerald on YAPE or another pokemon editor software please.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Quick question but has the Pokemon Locations list been updated? Gotten curious with using a Noctowl and Lanturn in paticular from looking at their move list (and the former's new Psychic typing) in the file but they both seem to only be avaliable quite late game. Would love to use them much earlier.

Also perfect music choice for Pa'l Canyon and Forest Rapids by the way, two of my fav gen 3 remixes overall. Why no music in Fray Manor though?

Back