• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Alternate kyurem forme and signature moves speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    120/130/100/160/120/100?

120/160/120/130/100/100?

If they had 3 types...How would it affect the metagame?

I don't really know, tbh. They'd be immediately in ubers for sure, or maybe just even banned in general. Dunno if even Arceus would be able to take on a triple typed Kyurem. :x

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    If Kyurem's alternate forms are triple type what weaknesses would it even have?

It would be like this:
    Black Kyurem: dragon/ice/electric
    2x damage to dragon, fighting, rock, ground
    0,5x damage to water, grass, flying, steel
    0,25x damage to electric

White Kyurem: dragon/ice/fire
    4x damage to rock
    2x damage to dragon, fighting, ground
    0,5x damage to electric, ice, bug, steel
    0,25x damage to fire, grass

That would be awesome to have triple type legendaries. It's possible because it's really hard to choose one of three types to be omitted - dragon typing is their main typing, ice typing is their part of Kyurem and electric/fire typing is their part of Zekrom/Reshiram, so I really can't choose which typing should be omitted. And if there would be final Kyurem form it should be dragon/electric/fire because Kyurem would fuse with both Zekrom and Reshiram and lose its ice completely.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It would be like this:
    Black Kyurem: dragon/ice/electric
    2x damage to dragon, fighting, rock, ground
    0,5x damage to water, grass, flying, steel
    0,25x damage to electric

White Kyurem: dragon/ice/fire
    4x damage to rock
    2x damage to dragon, fighting, ground
    0,5x damage to electric, ice, bug, steel
    0,25x damage to fire, grass

That would be awesome to have triple type legendaries. It's possible because it's really hard to choose one of three types to be omitted - dragon typing is their main typing, ice typing is their part of Kyurem and electric/fire typing is their part of Zekrom/Reshiram, so I really can't choose which typing should be omitted. And if there would be final Kyurem form it should be dragon/electric/fire because Kyurem would fuse with both Zekrom and Reshiram and lose its ice completely.

So pretty much black Kyurem has the best advantage here, if that were to happen. Not only due to larger SR weakness, but the fact that... Black Kyurem just looks better lool. :x

I'd say dragon will go away if anything, since ice will most likely be concentrated on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I'd say dragon will go away if anything, since ice will most likely be concentrated on.

But they are legendary dragons, it would be really weird for dragon typing to go away. It would be something like water/fire/grass starters losing their water/fire/grass typing after evolving, that doesn't even sound right.
    If Game Freak doesn't want to create triple type Pokemon, the only typings for Black Kyurem and White Kyurem that would make sense to be omitted are electric/fire, because Ice Burn and Freeze Shock are ice type attacks, so fire/electric are not necessary. But refusing to create triple type Pokemon makes it doubtful if triple Kyurem's fusion with both Zekrom and Reshiram would be ever made unless it would be still dragon/ice, but that would be boring.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well Kyurem is losing his ice so maybe the Ice typing will be the type omitted (in the box art they show with lightning (Black2) and with flames (White 2), maybe the ice moves are all it has left from when it was an ice type...
    Though I think that dragon might be omitted, it won't be the first time a first typing has been lost (Swablu lost it's part normal when evolving into Dragon/Flying rather than Normal/Dragon)...also there are dragon like pokemon who aren't even dragon type...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    But it's found in an ice cave, a deep freeze thing, while as for dragon, doesn't really seem like a dragon-like location. :x If it were to lose ice that'd just make Kyurem another Reshiram/Zekrom. :(

Besides I'm sure there are other Pokemon that look like dragons but aren't. :x

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Though I think that dragon might be omitted, it won't be the first time a first typing has been lost (Swablu lost it's part normal when evolving into Dragon/Flying rather than Normal/Dragon)...also there are dragon like pokemon who aren't even dragon type...

I know it's not first time but imo in Swablu's case replacing normal type into dragon was big improvement. Contrary to that I think losing dragon typing for Black Kyurem and White Kyurem would be big letdown. Two legendary dragons fusing into no-dragon? I'm not saying it's impossible but imo that would make Black Kyurem and White Kyurem look like bastard children lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2022
    What if its still ice/dragon but its ability is that it gains boost from fire/electric moves???
    I think that that would be best

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    What if its still ice/dragon but its ability is that it gains boost from fire/electric moves???

Only a few moves exist that do that. Flash Fire and Motor Drive/Lightning Rod, though they just don't fit. Maybe it will get some twisted version of Terravolt and Turboblaze. Doubt it though...I can see them keeping Pressure as his ability.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Here's my take on Kyurem's formes.

Type will probably be Ice/Dragon (it's a dragon, and Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are Ice-type moves). But, depending on the forme/game you get, it might get a hold item to boost Fire or Electric attack, like the orb that gives you Origin Forme Giratina in Platinum. Also, no third type. That would greatly change how type match-ups currently are and would most likely make them incredibly difficult to work with.

I don't expect Kyurem's formes to be triggered by items like Giratina, but rather they stay in the forme you catch them in without an item. That would explain them being originally described as "2 separate Pokemon".

Also, to me, Kyurem looks more complete in its other formes. You'll notice it's tail no longer looks like it's missing an energy source in those formes. Also, since these formes are the cover Pokemon for the games, that should tell you there won't be a third "complete" forme. It was never confirmed that Kyurem is the leftover corpse of the "Original Dragon" or not, that is just a theory. If there really was an "Original Dragon", we would probably have gotten Pokemon Gray instead of B/W 2.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013

That would be truly best. Kyurem's Pressure ability can simply go away, it's not important enough to be kept. I always thought Kyurem's Pressure is like leftover compared to other two dragons' Turboblaze and Teravolt.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    I'm not sure on the ugliness case, but i do know that it would look "complete" even these new formes still look a little incomplete to me

Actually, if you compare them to Kyurem's standard forme, they DO look more complete. Its "damaged" parts are restored in its new formes, even though they look like parts of Reshiram and Zekrom.

Also, if it did have a "complete" forme, that would call for it to become more powerful. Pokemon formes don't make a Pokemon stronger, they only alter their stats. A "complete" forme would increase all stats, meaning that there would be no reason for Black Kyurem and White Kyurem in the first place.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Anyone think GF got the idea of the Kyurem formes from DBZ. In the movie trailer it shows Kyurem just absorbing their energy. It's like they slapped Cell and Super Buu together. Cell could absorb energy and Super Buu gained the looks and moves of some of the Z Fighters he absorbed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Anyone think GF got the idea of the Kyurem formes from DBZ. In the movie trailer it shows Kyurem just absorbing their energy. It's like they slapped Cell and Super Buu together. Cell could absorb energy and Super Buu gained the looks and moves of some of the Z Fighters he absorbed.

No. This type of absorption is completely different from Cell or Buu. Cell absorbed entire human beings, and so did Buu, just in a different way. (Buu sometimes ATE people!)

Reshiram and Zekrom are supposed to represent Yin and Yang, while Kyurem represents neither. (Can't remember the term.) Considering that, and Kyurem's original design, it makes sense that it would be able to take on power from the other 2 to make up for the lack of possessing neither Yin nor Yang.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Kyurem ate People and Pokemon in Bw...for energy (like cell? or for fun/food
    like buu?)

I think the two forms represent Taiji which serve as the opposite to Kyurem's normal forme as Taiji represents both Yin and Yang combined (aka Kyurem combines both within it, able to switch to either, with Black Kyurem representing the path of light (yang, the black part represents light, male, ect.) while White Kyurem is the path of darkness (yin, the white part represents dark, female), so maybe the stones had something to do with it...

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    But the Cell/Buu thing is sort of similar though. And yes it was said Kyurem did eat people too lol. I'm not saying it for sure it is the way Kyurem transforms but it is similar kind of.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013

Kyurem ate People and Pokemon in Bw...for energy (like cell? or for fun/food
    like buu?)

I think the two forms represent Taiji which serve as the opposite to Kyurem's normal forme as Taiji represents both Yin and Yang combined (aka Kyurem combines both within it, able to switch to either, with Black Kyurem representing the path of light (yang, the black part represents light, male, ect.) while White Kyurem is the path of darkness (yin, the white part represents dark, female), so maybe the stones had something to do with it...

Ah, I remember that now. Yes, it is said that Kyurem use to eat people and Pokemon, however that might just be a legend. They also claim that Kyurem comes to that town at night, but in the game, it never leaves the Giant Chasm, so that isn't so. This is what makes Legendary Pokemon hard to figure out, as many have more than one story of origin. (Example, is Kyurem an alien Pokemon from space, or the corpse of the "Original Dragon"? No one really knows for sure.)

These formes are only borrowing power from the Pokemon, supposedly by borrowing their genes. It isn't eating them, or absorbing their bodies. Even if it did eat Pokemon and people in the past, it didn't change formes because of it.

Regardless, how it changes formes in the games is still unknown. Hopefully we'll know soon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Did anyone notice that there was a slight change to the Form's looks when they revealed the box art?

Both Kyurems now have tubes going from their tails to their backs.

I wonder if those will be visible on the sprites.

Also the box art looks flipped, maybe the picture I'm looking at to compare them is wrong, but they seem to mirror one another.

Back