• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that are not Pokemon yet.....

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Kangaskahn a kangaroo!? Seriously, does this look ANYTHING at all like this, asides from the pouch, and the fact that she has "Kanga" in her name, Kangaskahn is most definetly not a kangaroo, Kangaskahn looks more like a giant armadillo mixed with a prehistoric reptile than a kangaroo, if we were to have an actuall kangaroo Pokemon, it would be a two stage Fighting type with boxing gloves, and would be used by a Gym Leader in the Generation 6 region.

It does look like a kangeroo, though it is pokemon so it will never, ever look exactly like one. When they make pokemon they only make them resemble animals.

I want a Platypus pokemon.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
What animals do you want to see as Pokemon, here's what I want to see in Generation 6:

Yeah; I figured a dolphin Pokemon would be out by now...

Kangaskhan
It is too a kangaroo (it has one of my favorite names, btw)!
Spr_4d_115.png

As for T-Rex, this guy might fit the bill:
Spr_4d_383.png

Robot Dragon
sounded awkward when I first mentally pictured it... I think Aggron is the closest we'll get to it:
Spr_4d_306.png

I want to see more dinosaur fossil Pokemon too (Stegosaurus comes to mind in particular).

I also want to see a flying fish Pokemon (not Gyarados, but a Pokemon based on the actual flying fish species).

A Stegosaurus Pokemon would be freaking awesome! :D

Kangaskhan is based on a kangaroo, regardless of whether or not you want to believe it. I figured this out when I was eight on my first visit to the Safari Zone. It appeared and I thought "Hey look a Kangaroo."

Considering that I was a complete imbecile at the age of 8, it's shouldn't be that hard of a concept to realize that it's based on a kangaroo. That doesn't mean it has to look like one 100%. Likewise, Ryhorn and Rydon are based on rhinos, but they don't look very similar.

Also; does this look like a chicken to you? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:257Blaziken.png

Yeah...as you said, a few Pokemon are more "based off animals" rather than being faithful "Pokemon" interpretations... And indeed, Blaziken is one BA chicken! :cer_nod:
Spr_4d_257_m.png

- Peacock
- Platypus
- Dolphin
- Panda (aside from Spinda)
- Unicorn
- Llama
- Cheetah (FYI, the new purple cat in 5th gen is a leopard, the Japanese name even has the word 'leopard' in it. And yes, there is a difference between a cheetah and leopard, go study your ecology.)
- Arctic fox
- Emu
- Tazmanian devil
- Gargoyle
- Lion (I disagree that Shinx's line are lions, but rather lynxes. And Entei speaks more canine, IMO.)

Ho-Oh is arguably considered a peacock by some people...
Spr_4d_250.png

I consider Entei a lion, but I still call it a Legendary Dog because "Dog" sounds cooler to say than "Cat". :cer_nod:
Spr_4h_244.png

Well, at least we got a liger: Arcanine! :D
Spr_4h_059.png

Rapidash
is arguably a unicorn due to its horn, but that's really the only resemblance...
Spr_4d_078.png

As for a more faithful lion, this Fakemon might work :\:
By SolarAbusoru of PokeCommunity.
Spoiler:

I'm hoping for a Mosquito Pokemon and a Housefly Pokemon that can piss people off in battle. :cer_laugh:

Also, whatever these guys are, they should be Pokemon as well! (alpaca/camel and samurai...bug, I think)
Spoiler:

I'm glad my wish for a zebra Pokemon finally came true in Generation V! :D
Spr_5b_522.png

I'm also hoping for cooler scorpion and manta ray Pokemon in the near future. (Drapion looks a bit strange and Mantine's appearance doesn't seem to adequately convey the viciousness of rays to opponents).

And for those of you clamoring for an "actual" :cer_blankstare: kangaroo Pokemon, in Pokemon Garnet Version's Fakedex, there used to be 2 awesome Fakemon named Smakaroo and Jakaroo that were more similar to kangaroos. They looked like the rowdy, boxing-gloved kangaroos, though. Still, they looked great. Once the Fakedex is updated again, I assume those 'roos will be back. I envisioned them being Fighting/Dragon typed, though...

Additionally, I think the white Pokemon here would make for a good kangaroo Fighting-type pre-evo of the aforementioned Smakaroo (although it was originally intended to be a wallaby, not a kangaroo):

By PurpleKecleon of DeviantArt.
Spoiler:

Finally, I'd like to see an Archaeopteryx Pokemon one day. This guy would be a perfect candidate!
Mangrodon (by BlazeKnight-94 of DeviantArt).
The_flying_hunter_by_blazeknight_94.png

Starters_final_versions_by_blazeknight_94.png

^top right Fakemon (Mangrodon - alternate version)

Last edited:

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Um guys? Archaeoptryx is covered by Gen 5 : Archaes. And no Koala, either.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Um guys? Archaeoptryx is covered by Gen 5 : Archaes. And no Koala, either.

Mangrodon looks much better IMO than Archeos. Archeos, unfortunately, looks like a parrot born in Rainbow Land. I know birds can have vibrant colors, but that Pokemon has way too much going on with its color scheme. The shiny looks even worse. Mangrodon just goes off the simpler earthy, foresty colors of green, yellow, and brown.

On the plus side, I'm glad we actually have an Archaeopteryx Pokemon introduced...it's just not what I had in mind exactly... :(

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Theres Dung Beetles...just sayin'.

Gorillas,
Narwhal (Whales with a horn),
sponge...
plankton...
White Tigers,
Gazelles,
Flatfish.
Stingrays,
Mountain Goats.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Well we definitely don't have a fire breathing kangaroo fish
We have mantine, we don't need a sting Ray

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
I want a
~Goat
~Wasp
~Anteater
~Water Buffalo
~a Jesus Lizard
~Swordfish
~A Fly
~An Opossum
~A Better Squirrel
~Yak
~Elk/Moose (Stanler Evo )
~Sea Urchin
Thats all I have, for now

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Dolphin is all I want really. All I wished was that it was covered in B/W, but oh well. Anything else I don't want as much~

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Scorpions.
I, myself, believe that there is no Scorpion-based Pokemon yet.

Technically, we have Skorupi, Drapion, Gligar, and Gliscor as "scorpion" Pokemon... Though some consider Skorupi and Drapion to only resemble scorpions by their origins of the vinegarroons. And Gligar and Gliscor are kind of a mixture of bats, flying scorpions, and stuff. But, IMO, we haven't had a true scorpion Pokemon yet... :\
That reminds me of a Fire/Poison Scorpion starter Pokemon concept :D:

Hipion by Cascadegonpory of DeviantArt
Spoiler:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Mijumaru is based off an Otter. There is already a Panda pokemon Spinda. Although I wouldn't mind seeing another variation of a Panda.

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
Years
A Platypus

Spr_4d_272_m.png

He kinda reminds me of a Platypus wearing a Mexican sombrero and a poncho.
More potential pokes:
-Armadillo
-Cassowary
-Porcupine
-Goat
-Grasshopper
-Wolf
-Chupacabra

And really, why limit it to animals? You just wait - in Gen VI there'll be a cigarette Pokemon, a fork Pokemon, and a shoe Pokemon!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Theres Dung Beetles...just sayin'.

Gorillas,
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Narwhal (Whales with a horn), [/S-HIGHLIGHT]
sponge...
plankton...
White Tigers,
Gazelles,
Flatfish.
Stingrays,
Mountain Goats.

503Daikenki_Dream.png

WHAT DO YOU MEAN SAMURAI DIALGA NARWHAL WITH A BEARD ISN'T A NARWHAL?

OT: There's no dolphin yet, I believe, which could evolve into another narwhal and/or a swordfish. That'd be cool. :D A legit fighting-type kangaroo would be kick-ass; a wombat wouldn't hurt either. :D

Back