• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime that started off good but ended terribly

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    As the title says, have you watched any series like this? If so, what were they and why do you think this? Or it may just be the fact that you lost interest in it along the way.

For me, I'd have to say Naruto. The first part was GREAT. I loved the action, the juts and the hand signs, the emphasis on "being a ninja." The second part, while I thought wasn't terrible, went away from all that I liked in the first part. It just seemed like I was watching a different version of Dragon Ball.

Years
    Bleach. Although now that the manga has ended I wish it had stopped at the same bit as the anime, the ending was so rushed and forced >:/ but the full bring arc wasn't that great either.

Years
    Freaking Fairy Tail. Interesting plot, cool powers, and funny MCs > Power of Friendship + Ultimate Fan-service.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    The first 12 episodes or so of Bokura ga Ita were really good but then the show went downhill until the last 2 episodes.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Didn't we have a similar topic a few weeks ago?
    Damn, I feel I'm going nuts and amnesiac.

As we all know*, ERASED is the latest addition to this situation.

*This opinion might not reflect a reality outside my mind

The first 12 episodes or so of Bokura ga Ita were really good but then the show went downhill until the last 2 episodes.

The manga gets worse.

Freaking Fairy Tail. Interesting plot, cool powers, and funny MCs > Power of Friendship + Ultimate Fan-service.

Fairy Tail hasn't ended tho.

Edit: I'm sorry, you're referring to the anime, silly me

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    The most fairly recent one I've seen was Charlotte. It looked quite promising on the first episode when MC was not your average nice guy. Then his personality changed to being pretty typical. Episode 9 happened and I dropped the show.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Here's the obligatory SAO post.

To go more in depth, to me it started with that feeling of "everything has the capability of ending you", quickly became "death? what's that?". That ruined it for me.

Recent example that comes to mind is Servamp. I guess whether it even started good is up for debate but I found it really entertaining at first, then towards the second half they dropped the ball. Especially with that Tsubaki fight.. ): It steered in a way different direction than the manga.

I'd say Naruto also but sometimes I can't tell if it's because I grew up or it actually did get boring/repetitive lol.

AdamantSpartan

Dev of Pokémon Adamant
    Years
    How about Pokemon (and yea it's still ongoing, but still they've pretty much made it a point where he resets with each new region.)
    Spoiler:

Let's start from regions 1-4 where Ash showed steady improvement and utilized his whole team (in the Leagues at least). Ash was set to win the Sinnoh League, so the writers gave him an opponent he couldn't dream of beating. And Tobias beat him so badly he doesn't use his old Pokemon in the Leagues anymore.
    Then in Kalos, Olympia said that Ash and Greninja would reach new heights. I mean... I guess he never made it to the League finals before...
    And now there's his "goal" in the new season...

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Pokemon XY&Z.
    Lets Say , Writer love for Alain ruined the entire series.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi/Erased is a recent one that comes to mind.
    It started off incredibly promising, but the length hindered it because of all the deviations they had to make from the manga. It would've been so much better had the staff been granted at least 2 cours to plot it out imo.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
    I'm going to go with Bleach for this. From the beginning to the Soul Society arc it was definitely my favourite anime. After that it went downhill for me.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Charlotte was terrible towards the end but had some of the best episodes 1-8. 9-12 was a downward spiral out of control.

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Death Note.

First season (1-26?). AMAZING. The chess game-like nature of the conflict between Light and L was fascinating to watch, and since you understand the characters' intentions, even though Light's the villain, in some cases you almost hope he'all win.

The second arc has none of that. Mello and Near aren't as interesting, the action was slowed, and I just stopped watching it (except part of the last episode). I keep coming back to those first 26 episodes.

Back