• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Watchers Club

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
  • Kila said:
    Can I join? I think anime has become a way of life for me at this point. XD

Momo said:
    May I join? Anime and knowing schedules of it to record or watch has become second nature for me.
    Welcome to the both of you! =D

Fave voice actors/actresses: I'm going to have to copy Lucy, XD. My favourites are Takeuchi, Romi, & Mae Whitman.

Have you ever had an anime-related dream? I probably have, but I can't think of any. Unless daydreams count, XD. I have been considering writing a crossover fanfic if I ever have the time. Some of you won't like it, as a popular character dies in the first chapter. >=D

Do you prefer OVA series which have longer episodes, higher production values, but are shorter than full length series or full length series that can run more than a year and tell the original story in less of a rush or get more of it to the screen but can fall victim to things like bad animation and really bad filler? I guess I prefer the full series. I like watching the same characters every week, I guess.

Momo said:
    Too many times. A few of them hafta do with characters in the wrong show like having Ichigo from BLEACH end up in Pokemon dressed up like Ash and Pikachu being in BLEACH as a substitute soul reaper with spiky orange hair (Ichigo).
    That is great; I wish I had dreams like that, XD. If I was any good at Paint I'd make a picture of a Shinigamichu. XDDD

And now for one of my own:

What question has not been asked yet?

Do you like any characters that have had very little screen-time, like just an episode or three? I have a few, actually. One is Sabrina from Pokemon, who has only a few episodes, while she remains to be one of my favourites from the series. Her doll was amazing, to say the least. Probably one of the few times that the line "I want to play with you" put horror in people's eyes. XD
    From Naruto, I'd pick Isaribi from the filler season(yes, it is possible to like filler; I was surprised too). She was the sea monster girl that befriended Naruto and the gang, despite being the one they had been sent to capture. Her story was good enough to be canon, in my opinion.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Do you prefer OVA series which have longer episodes, higher production values, but are shorter than full length series or full length series that can run more than a year and tell the original story in less of a rush or get more of it to the screen but can fall victim to things like bad animation and really bad filler?
    That depends on the show.

Do you like any characters that have had very little screen-time, like just an episode or three?
    Yes. But none come to mind right now *is tired & will edit later*

Sakuya

I will protect Yuki eternally.
    Years
  • How did you start watching anime?
    Well I first started by watching Pokemon when I was six years old. I didn't realize it was an anime and then I started watching Yu-Gi-Oh later and that led to many other series. I didn't realize they were anime until I started watching G Gundam and Yu Yu Hakusho. Dx

Will you still watch anime when you are old?
    Of course! I'll just be a pedophile then, lol! XD

Fave voice actors/actresses:
    English: Vic Mignogna, Yuri Lowenthal, Crispin Freeman, Johnny Yong Bosch, Karl Walgren, Steven Jay Blum, Kate Higgins, and many many more. lol
    Japanese: Romi Paku, Junko Takeuchi, Aya Hirano, Hikaru Midorikawa, Tomokazu Sugita

Have you ever had an anime-related dream?
    Dx I couldn't ever count the many that I've had. lol My favorite one is the one where myself, my best friend Lain, Sasuke, Kakashi and Edward all went on a road trip. XD Kakashi-san got stuck in one of those fold up beds in motels that fold up into the wall. lol!

Do you prefer OVA series which have longer episodes, higher production values, but are shorter than full length series or full length series that can run more than a year and tell the original story in less of a rush or get more of it to the screen but can fall victim to things like bad animation and really bad filler?
    I think it depends on how good the characters are, if they're likable and it depends if the plot can go on. :/

Do you like any characters that have had very little screen-time, like just an episode or three?
    I know there's only like fourteen episodes of Haruhi Suzumiya, but I love the Computer Club President. XD He's so cute. <3

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Will you still watch anime when you are old?
    Definitely.

Have you ever had an anime-related dream?
    I'm sure I have, I just don't remember them very well.

Do you prefer OVA series which have longer episodes, higher production values, but are shorter than full length series or full length series that can run more than a year and tell the original story in less of a rush or get more of it to the screen but can fall victim to things like bad animation and really bad filler?
    I usually prefer the full length series. It's more descriptive, I really don't care about fillers anyways.

I like some characters, but I'm too lazy to think of them right now.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I decided to start a new anime, and I chose Lovely Complex. Made me laugh the whole way through, jeez it was great. This is going to be one of my favourites, I just know it. I guess I love ignorant pairings like Naruhina. XD

Years
  • Do you tend to like good guys or bad guys?
    In Anime, I'll always root for the good guys and wish total death for the bad guys.

I VERY MUCH HATE it when the bad guys defeat the good guys and they NEARLY win the day.

So, in short, I tend to like the good guys more.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • I decided to start a new anime, and I chose Lovely Complex. Made me laugh the whole way through, jeez it was great. This is going to be one of my favourites, I just know it. I guess I love ignorant pairings like Naruhina. XD
    Did you watch it all in one go?

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
  • *Slaps himself for not noticing this club earlier* Well hi there everyone, if possible I'd like to join the club you got going here~ I'm a proud watcher of many anime series, and still watch quite alot of them nowadays. So yeah, mind if I join in?

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Welcome Hayate. Feel free to answer any questions on the first post.

I love your theme, but I've never seen it.

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
  • Well in order to start out with making my first anime-related post here in this club I'll tell what my theme is from. It's from a light novel series called Kaze no Stigma which got adapted into an anime series and manga some time ago. The anime was animated by Gonzo, but since they were on more projects on the same time the result turned out kind of disappoiting =[ It was fun though, all people I knew had high exceptations for every new episode, usually since the last one wasn't too good, but since the anime never matched our exceptations we just gave up hoping for a good episode near the end, and after 24 eps it turned out that was the right thing to do. Oh well it was a fun experience, I learned that the higher your exceptations of an anime series are, the more disappointing it will turn out. I still like the plot and characters, so that's why I'm still using this theme where everyone else switched to a theme that matches the newest anime series of this season like Myself; Yourself etc.

Whoa I just wrote all that? o.0" Hmm I really have nothing to do..oh well~

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Welcome to the club, Hayate! =D

Wow, if I had joined now, I'd have a tonne of questions to answer. And to be honest, I don't know of that'd be a good thing or a bad thing. XD

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • *Slaps himself for not noticing this club earlier* Well hi there everyone, if possible I'd like to join the club you got going here~ I'm a proud watcher of many anime series, and still watch quite alot of them nowadays. So yeah, mind if I join in?

Welcome to the club! Feel free to answer questions from the first post at your own convience. *adds to list*

Does your name have anything to do with Hayate the Combat Butler?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014

Hmmm, great question. I really do love OVAs of original shows. I been noticing that in OVAs they have high production value. Like everything is so well animated. The downside is yeah they are short. But I guess that is how a OVA is. It just depends of what type of show it is for me. I also like the original of the series. Because they tend to be longer, but again...it might fall victim to fillers. I don't really mind that too much. Again, it depends of what show it is.

Hmm...I like TenTen, Chouji from Naruto. Yeah, these guys need more screen time. And that is all I could think of at this point. So far the rest of the shows I seen everyone had been getting equal amount of screen time.

Alakazam17 said:
    I decided to start a new anime, and I chose Lovely Complex. Made me laugh the whole way through, jeez it was great. This is going to be one of my favourites, I just know it. I guess I love ignorant pairings like Naruhina. XD

OMG, if you have time watch the rest. It is totally, totally, totally awesome! I loved it so much I re-watched some of the episodes, lol. I might go back and watch it from the beginning. Yes Otani and Risa at first are like NaruHina. XDD But you will see later in the series that something will happen between Otani and Risa. =D

Oh and I almost forgot! Welcome to the club Hayate! ^_^

Last edited:

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
  • Thanks for the welcomes everyone =D

Welcome to the club! Feel free to answer questions from the first post at your own convience. *adds to list*

Does your name have anything to do with Hayate the Combat Butler?

Well in some way it has, but I actually registered with this username back then since it was the name of my favorite Pokémon Ranger character, called Hayate. Nowadays, this name also belongs to the main character from Hayate the Combat Butler, which happens to be an anime series I like as well, but since the anime is quite popular among certain groups of people as well the name 'Hayate' has probably been tried to register with here quite some times, so I'm just happy the name was avialble back then.

Hope that made any sense. Now, since I'm low on time I'll just answer one question for now:

How did you start watching anime?

Like most people here I used to watch pokémon in the past, but once I reached the age of (I think) 14 my interest in it started to decrease rapidly, after 2 months I was like 'Ok this is pretty much boring and the same thing every episode' so I started looking around online (just got internet) and came across a fan art item of a certain anime series. I looked the name up at youtube, found myself watching it and taking a like to this style of animation, which was different from the style pokémon was animated in and I was used to. Later on I discovered other anime series, eventually resulting in the fact I still am a proud anime watcher nowadays.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Can you immediately identify any seiyuu(voice actor/actress) by the sound of their voice?

I can if it is Romi Paku! ^^

I was watching Gakuen Alice & I was like he sounds like Ed when I heard Natsume speak. XD Natsume is my fave character from that anime ..but its not cause of his voice. It is because he is the coolest character on it to me.

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Can you immediately identify any seiyuu(voice actor/actress) by the sound of their voice?

I have realized some over time. For instance, I quickly realized that Pokemon's Misty & Shaman King's Pilika were both voiced by the same women. Likewise, I was watching Hook, an American movie, when I realized that one of the characters sounded familiar. It was Zuko, from Avatar! =D

But when I found out that Edward, Temari, & Toshiro were voiced by the same person, I was surprised. I truly had no idea. Just proves how good the VA is. ^_^

Last edited:

Sakuya

I will protect Yuki eternally.
    Years

Sadly, not that many when it comes to the Japanese seiyuu's because I don't get to watch much anime in its original form. One that I can easily recognize is Junko Takeuchi (Uzumaki Naruto) and Romi Paku (Edward Elric). :) When it comes to English voice actors, I notice them too easily. lol. I can easily recognize Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric), Crispin Freeman (Alucard from Hellsing), Yuri Lowenthal (Uchiha Sasuke (Naruto) and Haseo (.hack//G.U), Johnny Yong Bosch (Vash the Stampede (Trigun) and Renton (Eureka seveN)). There's many more, but those are the first I hear. XD

...And I got my own question for everyone! ^^

What are your top ten animes...and if you want; you can list why!

1) Fullmetal Alchemist - Best anime to ever exist. Don't deny it; not to mention it has the greatest anime character ever created in it as well, Mr. Edward Elric. Not only is he awesome in many different ways, he's also courageous, brave, determined, kind and its only a bonus that he's so freaking hot. <3
    2) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Haruhi rules the world. :) She's the absolute greatest and I love this series with all my heart; it definitely holds a special place. Kyon is one of my favorite male characters in anime too. ^^
    3) Naruto/Naruto: Shippuuden - Now, I think I like Shippuuden more than the original series (even though the original will always hold a place in my heart) mainly because I feel like less of a pedophile when it comes to Naruto-kun, hahaha. I also enjoy the story better because of the *prepares fence* less appearances of Sasuke-teme. Dx
    4) Lucky ☆ Star - CUTEST. ANIME. EVER. CREATED! I love this series so much; it almost reminds me of my life. Konata is me, never leaving video games alone and is always walking anime or comparing real life to anime; Miyuki is my friend Amy who's very smart but very reserved; Kagami is my best friend Lacey who is always doing what needs to be done and then I copy off her. XD; and and Tsukasa is my friend Alissa, never right in the head and always sleeping. lol. I love this series and I've memorized the dance too!
    5) Bleach - One of my favorite Shounen series. I'm trying to wait for the English version to start showing on [adult swim] but its proving very difficult since I've seen some spoilers from Shonen Jump and AMVs on Youtube. I'm also one of the biggest fangirls for Izuru Kira. <3
    6) Blood + - One of the greatest 'horror' animes to exist. I love the plot; the unususpecting turns that happen every episode with Saya and Hagi. No matter what, they always stay together, in an eternal relationship. <3 I love the bad guys too, because they're not really bad guys at all. I recommend this anime to anyone, just be warned that there's a lot of blood (no pun intended) and violence; although there's not much cussing - which is always a plus.
    7) Samurai Champloo - I always wondered what hip hop mixed with samurai's of the past might look like and I got my answer with Champloo. Fuu is just like me, always mind scrambled and kinda dumb and unlucky, but she's really a dedicated girl to the others around her. The two men that help her find her father (known only as the man who smells of sunflowers) named Mugen and Jin are some of the most perfect polar opposite characters and even at the end, they still can't stand each other. xD
    8) G Gundam - BEST GUNDAM EVER. :D I love this series and its easily my favorite Gundam series mainly because it centers on the characters more than the backlying plot of possible war and the destruction of the Earth - the real thing that mattered to the creators was the character plot and closure, which this anime easily has. <3 Domon and Rain are one of my favorite couples in anime. ^^
    9) s-CRY-ed - Alter powers are something that I want really bad. This anime is one of the best when it comes to spacing out episodes, giving enough screen time to every character (each one has an episode named after them) and also developing each character individually so that the character grows and changes realistically. I recommend this anime to EVERYONE. Sakuya demands you watch it NOW!
    10) Cowboy Bebop - Most original anime ever. Bounty hunters in space with some really awesome, awesome, awesome bad villains such as Vicious. I love this anime considering that I think that it is one of the best. :) Watch episode five and you'll be hooked. That episode's even better than the last episode. ^^

^That was fun, hope you all have fun too. :D

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I'll list now, and give reasons later:
    1 Fullmetal Alchemist
    2 Avatar: The Last Airbender
    3 Naruto
    4 Bleach
    5 Sailor Moon
    6 Shaman King
    7 Death Note