• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
  • I'm on episode 17 of Little Witch Academia which felt like a goofy slice of life early on, but has been picking up since introducing Croix. Also watched the first two "episodes" of the new Gundam Twilight Axis, but c'mon! 3 minutes each?! Don't know what the hell is going on, but whatever, keep milking that UC lore. At least the Tristan Gundam looks nicely animated. {XD}

One Piece is on hiatus until the current arc is over as I can't stand watching it weekly with all the padding they add to fill an episode.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • New Summer anime: Action Heroine Cheer Fruits
    Nana Maru San Batsu (Fastest Finger First, the competitive quiz show)
    I'll also be picking up New Game!! when it premieres.

Carryover anime: Sakura Quest

Years
  • Going to dip my toes into the ocean that is One Piece again... hope I don't drown again this time.

One Piece is amazing, but I hear the pacing in the anime is pretty horrible (I only read the manga). You might want to check out One Pace, which is an edited version of the anime that cuts out filler and makes things move along much faster. Either way hope you enjoy!

seattles

contemplating.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2018
    Overlord, last episode.

I want to finish this and watch the animes that I should have watched long ago.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Only Dragon Ball Super right now. And I plan to start watching Tsuki ga Kirei, finished downloading the files long ago, but still looking for the best time to marathon it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Just watched all of the Ace Attorney anime - I know it wasn't well received but honestly I loved it. I can see why though, it felt rushed in some places even as someone who knows the whole story (I can imagine how nonsensical some parts would seem to a newcomer), and the experience of looking through evidence to find contradictions just can't really be replicated in a non-interactive medium, especially since most cases are covered in only 4 episodes or less.

But I think they did as good of a job as they could have with this adaptation, especially with bringing more emotion to the characters imo. A lot of characters I previously found annoying in the games were given more depth and I was actually able to sympathize with them. And I absolutely loved the original episode where they showed how Larry, Wright and Edgeworth became friends as kids, it was super super cute.

I could go on forever because I love this series but yeah, I liked the anime.

Years
  • Just watched all of the Ace Attorney anime - I know it wasn't well received but honestly I loved it. I can see why though, it felt rushed in some places even as someone who knows the whole story (I can imagine how nonsensical some parts would seem to a newcomer), and the experience of looking through evidence to find contradictions just can't really be replicated in a non-interactive medium, especially since most cases are covered in only 4 episodes or less.

But I think they did as good of a job as they could have with this adaptation, especially with bringing more emotion to the characters imo. A lot of characters I previously found annoying in the games were given more depth and I was actually able to sympathize with them. And I absolutely loved the original episode where they showed how Larry, Wright and Edgeworth became friends as kids, it was super super cute.

I could go on forever because I love this series but yeah, I liked the anime.

Unfortunately, part of its poor reception is that anime fans didn't like the way it was animated (it seemed low quality).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Unfortunately, part of its poor reception is that anime fans didn't like the way it was animated (it seemed low quality).
    Oh, definitely - I'm not a huge anime fan so it didn't bother me at all but even I noticed it. There were several scenes where you can see the art style change and continuity errors; a very memorable slip up for me was in one scene, they showed a shot where Gumshoe's hands were fully bandaged, and then in the same scene but when he started talking, his hands were no longer bandaged. Then it cuts back to full room shot of the same scene and his hands are bandaged again. Stuff like that - they clearly had several animation teams but didn't do a good job of making it more cohesive, lol.

Years
  • KyoAni is pretty great.

As for me, I picked up Tsuredure Children last night because it seemed fun from gifs I've seen posted around.

Oh, definitely - I'm not a huge anime fan so it didn't bother me at all but even I noticed it. There were several scenes where you can see the art style change and continuity errors; a very memorable slip up for me was in one scene, they showed a shot where Gumshoe's hands were fully bandaged, and then in the same scene but when he started talking, his hands were no longer bandaged. Then it cuts back to full room shot of the same scene and his hands are bandaged again. Stuff like that - they clearly had several animation teams but didn't do a good job of making it more cohesive, lol.

Unfortunately happens a lot in anime, just usually only in less popular adaptations.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Started watching Ghost Hunt and It's actually better than I expected. The short 3-4 episode stories really work well for this genre.

I've also picked up Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun. The art is amazing and the plot is pretty good so far.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Still watching:

Re:Creators and My Hero Academia

Picked up:

Fate/Apocrypha - It's Fate I have to watch it... I know UFO table is busy with the heavens feel movie and Shaft Busy with Fate/Extra Last Encore... but why did they have to chose Studio A-1 pictures to make the series*... get Madhouse or Production I.G. Apocrypha deserves high production and Studio A1 is all flash no substance in terms of animation.

Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu - been looking forward to this show for a while. Hope they get this video game adaption right tho (UFO table is hit and miss in terms of game adaptations).

New Game!! - cute girls doing cute things (Which is developing games XD). Loved the first season, hope I like this one just as much.

Marvel future avengers - This show is developed by madhouse of all studios... We'll see where this one goes XD

Saiyuuki Reload Blast - Sequel to a show I watched back in the day... don't know what to make of it yet.

Tsurezure Children - This show is right up my alley, romance, fluff, cuteness... This will probably my fave show when the seasons over XD GOD IT'S SO ADORABLE!!!

Last edited:
    Back