• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • Downloaded Digimon Adventure Tri. Gonna watch it today. Super excited for it. <3; Hope it ends up being worth the wait. I have a feeling I'll end up crying due to nostalgia. Crap, my eyes have already started watering up haha. :'D

And I finished Kuroko's Basket - all three seasons - the day before. The ED songs of the last season are stuck in my head. It wasn't something that carried depth or anything but DAMN was it a fun ride to watch. Enjoyment 9/10. <3;

So aside from watching Sengoku Basara Judge End, I totally forgot and just started to watch Monster Musume's anime adaptation and I've already washed my hands after one episode so I've got more to start. Now excuse me i need to buy more hand sanitizer ;)
    The series was pretty damn fun to watch. The girls were all somewhat attractive and the comedy really hit the spot at times. Was a good time watching it. But I think I'll move over to the manga now. The anime was VERY tame and very toned down compared to the manga (I read one chapter). You might wanna give it a shot too - y'know, if you don't die due to excessively doing...ehmm, yeah. XD;

Using the Avatar series as an example, it's considered an American animated television series. You can get strung up on concrete definitions and borderlines between cartoons and anime, but in the end they are all animations.

I take back what I said before, because I said it on a whim, but I suppose I really would refer to the Avatar series as a cartoon or an animation, but not anime. In my previous post my mind was just going anime = animation = Avatar = just watched it and wanting to talk about it.

In my opinion, "anime" is just another way of saying Japan's version of cartoons. Some people don't see it that way, but if you don't want to offend anyone, then I would just stick to referring to everything from stick figure cartoons to Japanese anime as "animations."
    This is the definition I go by, too. Japanese, as far as I know, consider anything that's an animation of any form - an anime. So it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with thinking this way. :p

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • The series was pretty damn fun to watch. The girls were all somewhat attractive and the comedy really hit the spot at times. Was a good time watching it. But I think I'll move over to the manga now. The anime was VERY tame and very toned down compared to the manga (I read one chapter). You might wanna give it a shot too - y'know, if you don't die due to excessively doing...ehmm, yeah. XD;

I've started reading the manga months ago since i have some friends with much more greener minds than i do, and yes its always more raunchy and eyegasmic in the manga, but when it comes to making me laugh in all sorts of ways with the lewd humor and blatant fired shots of innuendos, its definitely more funny in an animated form. The quality animation matches well with the plot, if you know what i mean. Sides we get to hear the wonderful voice acting of the girls.. Sad part is that the anime is really cut short (12 EPs only, making me a sad Pokemon Trainer Liminal Caretaker so definitely continuing with the manga is a right course of action.

Years
  • Currently watching/re-watching:
    - Dinosaur King (watching with my partner)
    - RWBY (re-watching)
    - Yu-Gi-Oh
    - Digimon
    - Pokemon
    - One Piece
    - Black Cat

I've been looking for decent dubbed versions of:
    - Black Rock Shooter
    - Smile! PreCure
    - WolfRain

derozio

Years
  • Started watching Black Lagoon. It is pretty damn entertaining so far. :3 Revy's a freakin' boss. Love that girl. And the OP song is BADASS, HOLY ****.

Years
  • Eh, a lot of people classify it as such, so I do too..

Quote from the official site:

Rooster Teeth's 'RWBY' Will Be First American Anime Exported to Japan. Austin, Texas-based digital production studio Rooster Teeth will soon have at least one of its popular series exported overseas.

derozio

Years
  • Its classification as an anime doesn't fit Satoshi's definition of an anime. While it does for some other people who view anime as toons of any kind (japs included, I think). Regardless, ya'all wouldn't wanna turn this thread into "anime vs what's not" thread - that's going offtopic for no reason and opening a can of worms that's better left untouched. Just sayin'. :p

I forgot to mention this in my last post but I've started HOTD as well. First episode was fun. :p But Black Lagoon takes preference, so far!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Naruto Shippuden (Dub)
    Akame Ga Kill (Sub and Dub)
    Spice and Wolf 2 (Sub)
    Pokemon DP
    Pokemon XY

Those are the main things I am watching right now. However, I kinda lost interest in Akame Ga Kill after finding out what happens.

I was watching Spice and Wolf 1 and 2 for a while almost every night, but that to has slowed down. Haven't found an anime I want to watch since I finished Working! 1-3, and Food Wars.

Also Anime is translated to Cartoon in Japanese. So anything that is considered a cartoon here is an anime in Japan.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • ~ Digimon Tri (er, the first "film," or four episodes)
    ~ Pokemon XY&Z
    ~ Dragon Ball Super

I'm actually enjoying all three. I finished the first film of Tri last night, loved it. XY&Z feels like the pinnacle of the anime series, at least for me. And Super is another nostalgia trip. Reliving the Saturday cartoon schedule is fun.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • One Punch Man and Saint Seiya. I watched the first two episodes of K return of kings but then I just couldn't find the time to keep up with it anymore.

Back