• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

pkmin3033

Picked up Charlotte the other day, something that interested me which I am now just getting around to. It seems like one of those "love it or hate it" shows judging from the user reviews, and I'm still on the fence at the moment. I'm not sure if I'd like it more if it had a serious story or played everything for laughs really, and it seems to be trying to do both at once right now, so...eh. Still up in the air with this one.

Also picked up Daybreak Illusion again, which has an annoyingly long foreign (Spanish? Italian? Latin? Klingon?) name I can neither spell nor remember. I don't like so-called "dark" magical girl shows; I feel they ruin the genre. But this can't possibly be any worse than Madoka, so I'm giving it another try. I'm doing better than I did last time though; I've watched more than one episode.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Picked up Charlotte the other day, something that interested me which I am now just getting around to. It seems like one of those "love it or hate it" shows judging from the user reviews, and I'm still on the fence at the moment. I'm not sure if I'd like it more if it had a serious story or played everything for laughs really, and it seems to be trying to do both at once right now, so...eh. Still up in the air with this one.

Also picked up Daybreak Illusion again, which has an annoyingly long foreign (Spanish? Italian? Latin? Klingon?) name I can neither spell nor remember. I don't like so-called "dark" magical girl shows; I feel they ruin the genre. But this can't possibly be any worse than Madoka, so I'm giving it another try. I'm doing better than I did last time though; I've watched more than one episode.
    Charlotte ended up being really sad.
    Expectations
    : >9000. Reality: >:(

Gonna start Higurashi now, I guess. Saw 14 episodes of it last time but I just left it in-between somehow. Gonna start again.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Is The Order A Rabbit 2nd season and Yuru Yuri 3rd season.

Both are follow-up seasons to cute slice-of-life shows and are the only series to really attract my attention this fall.

pkmin3033

Expectations
    : >9000. Reality: >:(

Yeah, I watched episode six a couple of days ago and holycrapthatescalatedquickly.

Then episode seven punched me in the gut...and episode eight went back to normal with the occasional stab to the face as he kept forgetting things. Definitely playing down the humour, then.

Also picked up Digimon Frontier again - trying to rekindle inspiration for my fic - and hit season four of my DBZ DVDs...this is as far as I've ever gotten before. Well, I saw bits of the Androids and Cell sagas in Kai episodes, but still. I'm very late to the party here. xD

derozio

Years

Yeah, I watched episode six a couple of days ago and holycrapthatescalatedquickly.

Then episode seven punched me in the gut...and episode eight went back to normal with the occasional stab to the face as he kept forgetting things. Definitely playing down the humour, then.

Also picked up Digimon Frontier again - trying to rekindle inspiration for my fic - and hit season four of my DBZ DVDs...this is as far as I've ever gotten before. Well, I saw bits of the Androids and Cell sagas in Kai episodes, but still. I'm very late to the party here. xD
    ...lol.

I meant sad as in...well, a sad fate. The anime ended up as a joke. I had lofty expectations but it shattered all of them.

Episode 6 had me too though I gotta admit. :p

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    ...lol.

I meant sad as in...well, a sad fate. The anime ended up as a joke. I had lofty expectations but it shattered all of them.

Episode 6 had me too though I gotta admit. :p

I just went past Episode 10. Maeda Jun is a great writer... a great Visual Novel writer, clearly, lol.

Same thing that Angel Beats, good idea, not-so-good execution. I still like the show anyway.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Not that much this season. Going to finish up Love Live 2 and Fairy Tail if I can, then continue watching Noragami 2, One Punch Man, and Sakurako-san. I have to still check out a few more things but I don't really have high hopes for many things this season.. I don't really see any high-ranking ones other than the ones listed so I probably won't bother with them if they're pretty average haha.

While I'm still in school I'll probably stick with those, but I have a whole list of stuff I want to watch when my break comes :) Finish original Sailor Moon, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Seirei no Moribito, Nisemonogatari... stuff that's been on my On Hold for too long lol. I have a long break too so yay!

As a side note I need my next 10/10 or 9/10 anime now that Idolmaster Cinderella Girls is over :(

derozio

Years
    Not that much this season. Going to finish up Love Live 2 and Fairy Tail if I can, then continue watching Noragami 2, One Punch Man, and Sakurako-san. I have to still check out a few more things but I don't really have high hopes for many things this season.. I don't really see any high-ranking ones other than the ones listed so I probably won't bother with them if they're pretty average haha.

While I'm still in school I'll probably stick with those, but I have a whole list of stuff I want to watch when my break comes :) Finish original Sailor Moon, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Seirei no Moribito, Nisemonogatari... stuff that's been on my On Hold for too long lol. I have a long break too so yay!

As a side note I need my next 10/10 or 9/10 anime now that Idolmaster Cinderella Girls is over :(
    Seirei no Moribito might just end up being that next 9 I guess. It is a very good anime, at least imo, so well worth that elusive 9. :p

I finished Higurashi S1 and S2. Great series. Solid 9/10. Very, very addictive. Picked up Lovely Complex. Saw 2-3 episodes - seem like it'll be fun.

Years
    Iron-Blooded Orphans has been added to my list of weekly things to watch. Haven't seen a Gundam series in a while so I'm interested in how this one will end up.

Was trying to catch up on Gurren Lagann as well since I've been meaning to finish that for the longest while, but, er. Oops. Still have like six episodes to go and I keep forgetting to watch them. :D;;

pkmin3033

I just finished up Charlotte and Daybreak Illusion today...hmm. Honestly, I liked Charlotte before it suddenly escalated into a global drama, but I've seen worse series. It hit its stride at episode seven, though. Things after that went a bit downhill. As for Daybreak Illusion...about what I expected. Mediocre, but superior in every way to Madoka. I wish Akari didn't look so much like Ahiru, though...

Going to rewatch Fresh Precure next...it's been a while, although what I really want to do is rewatch Suite again, haha. I might pick up a couple of older series, as well...I've had Symphogear on my backlog for a while; it's starting to look a bit more appealing. Decisions, decisions...

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Just watched Valkryie Drive Mermaid #5. Things are getting weirder.

derozio

Years
    I just finished up Charlotte and Daybreak Illusion today...hmm. Honestly, I liked Charlotte before it suddenly escalated into a global drama, but I've seen worse series. It hit its stride at episode seven, though. Things after that went a bit downhill. As for Daybreak Illusion...about what I expected. Mediocre, but superior in every way to Madoka. I wish Akari didn't look so much like Ahiru, though...

Going to rewatch Fresh Precure next...it's been a while, although what I really want to do is rewatch Suite again, haha. I might pick up a couple of older series, as well...I've had Symphogear on my backlog for a while; it's starting to look a bit more appealing. Decisions, decisions...
    Charlotte just went full nuts in the final two-three episodes. It jumped the shark really badly.
    Overall, it was full of great ideas. But it tried to do too much in too less a time-span. Which hurt it dearly. :(

Just watched Valkryie Drive Mermaid #5. Things are getting weirder.
    You mean to say things get even weirder than the first episode? I think I...might have to give this series a proper watch. XD;

More on my animu watching sessions - currently about to wrap Lovely Complex up. Seen 20 episodes. 4 more to go. I'll hopefully be done with it tonight.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Apparently I'm watching 15 anime at moment but other due to other responsibilities, I haven't seen anything in a while.
    Here are my impressions (even though I'm only like 2-3 episodes in on most)
    anitore ex - The girls are all cute. It's enjoyable watch...
    comet lucifer - I don't where this is going.
    concrete revolutio choujin gensou - It has a quirky artstyle and good op.
    gakusen toshi asterik - It's kind of enjoyable actually. Maybe I haven't enough anime or harems or I have bad taste.
    hacka doll the animation - It's bizarre but only 7 minutes long..
    kagewani - It has a very quirky artsyle. It's not bad though.
    onsen yousei hakone chan - Short, enjoyable to watch. The Japanese used is quite simple to follow.
    shingeki kyojin chuugakkou - Somewhat funny...
    subete ga f ni naru - Somewhat boring but it has potential.
    taimadou gakuen 35 shiken shoutai - Not bad either but I'm like 3 episodes behind.
    one punch man - Good but overrated. I'm only 2 episodes but it has not lived up to it's MAL score.
    gintama - 12 epsiodes in. I like the characters and know it gets funnier latter on but I can't be bothered right know about it.
    fate/zero - I'm not into action but I like it thus far.
    toaru kagaku no railgun - I like it but I don't really know why.
    suzumiya haruhi chan no yuuutsu - It's funny and better than the actual series.
    My most recently completed anime is Love Live season 1 (That was almost 4 weeks ago).. It was really enjoyable to watch 9/10. It has become one of my favorites. I should probably get around to season 2
    Honestly though, I would rather allocate my time into learning Japanese than watching anime (which is what I have been doing). It's good listening practice but these kanji aren't going to learn themselves.

derozio

Years
    Apparently I'm watching 15 anime at moment but other due to other responsibilities, I haven't seen anything in a while.
    Here are my impressions (even though I'm only like 2-3 episodes in on most)
    anitore ex - The girls are all cute. It's enjoyable watch...
    comet lucifer - I don't where this is going.
    concrete revolutio choujin gensou - It has a quirky artstyle and good op.
    gakusen toshi asterik - It's kind of enjoyable actually. Maybe I haven't enough anime or harems or I have bad taste.
    hacka doll the animation - It's bizarre but only 7 minutes long..
    kagewani - It has a very quirky artsyle. It's not bad though.
    onsen yousei hakone chan - Short, enjoyable to watch. The Japanese used is quite simple to follow.
    shingeki kyojin chuugakkou - Somewhat funny...
    subete ga f ni naru - Somewhat boring but it has potential.
    taimadou gakuen 35 shiken shoutai - Not bad either but I'm like 3 episodes behind.
    one punch man - Good but overrated. I'm only 2 episodes but it has not lived up to it's MAL score.
    gintama - 12 epsiodes in. I like the characters and know it gets funnier latter on but I can't be bothered right know about it.
    fate/zero - I'm not into action but I like it thus far.
    toaru kagaku no railgun - I like it but I don't really know why.
    suzumiya haruhi chan no yuuutsu - It's funny and better than the actual series.
    My most recently completed anime is Love Live season 1 (That was almost 4 weeks ago).. It was really enjoyable to watch 9/10. It has become one of my favorites. I should probably get around to season 2
    Honestly though, I would rather allocate my time into learning Japanese than watching anime (which is what I have been doing). It's good listening practice but these kanji aren't going to learn themselves.
    Re: OPM & Gintama
    Can't exactly judge whether or not it is overrated quite yet. You're only two episodes in lol. It gets really good later on. Although if you're in the ride expecting tight storytelling or anything of the sort then you'd definitely be disappointed. If you're expecting it to become more funny and more clever in its usage of jokes + better world building and characters, yes, it definitely will improve on that front. And it also improves a lot as far as its action sequences are concerned. So rest assured, it still has a lot to show. I've read the manga so I am aware of what's up next. If Madhouse keeps adapting this series the way they've been doing so far, it'll more than just live upto its MAL score - it'll probably end up in top 10 and actually damn deserve it too.

As for Gintama, well, the first 20 or so episodes are literally **** compared to what comes later so it really does improve a lot. I'd recommend sticking with it if you somehow managed to find the first twelve episodes funny (I didn't. It barely made me smile). But look at it now - it is my fave series of all time. There's a world of difference between the initial gintama episodes and the ones in the hundreds. The series itself mocked its shitty start in one of the episodes, lol.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    You mean to say things get even weirder than the first episode? I think I...might have to give this series a proper watch. XD;
    Indeed, and I thought it was already crazy the first time round. ;o;

Years
    I recently finished Re-watching Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun it's a hilarious anime, Just before that I watched Full metal alchemist Brotherhood, it was fairly predictable but I enjoyed it none the less.

Back