• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Annoying wild Pokemon

Years
    You know that when battling wild Pokemon, there are some that are pure annoyance.

The ones you would know would be like Rattata, Zubat, Tentacool etc.

But there can be other annoying wild Pokemon out there.

So, is there any wild Pokemon that annoys you a lot when training?

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
    Anything with the new and improved Sturdy.

That is annoying, not allowing to defeat it within a single hit... especially those Bastiodon in the Battle Subway, which has Sturdy as their ONLY ability. But as long you have someone with Mold Breaker or a Reshiram or Zekrom, they shouldn't be a prob to take out.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
    I found the Buizel family could be irritating in Platinum due to their speed.

Golbat become a real nuisance if you've got slower Pokemon.

And let's not forget the Tentacuel family, the most annoying Pokemon to appear in water.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Being in the caves is probably the worse area to come across the Wild. Trying to explore the cave and the Zubat/Geodude guys just keep on coming. Zubat/Golbat are annoying, they need to tone them down a little. Tentacruel too. That's why now, I always have Max Repel when I go through the caves or surf. Thank goodness for repels.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Basically any of the pokemon at the start of the games. Because my pokemon are such a low level, it means I can't like one hit them and have to spend longer on them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I find the regional rodents annoying, particularly Bidoof. Tentacool, Zubat, Woobat, Geodude and Boldore are pretty annoying for me too.

Years
    I find Basculin, Garbodor and Liepard so annoying.

Liepard cos of Fake Out, Garbodor cos it kept spamming Sludge Bomb/Body Slam and Basculin cos one nearly took out my Hydreigon plus they can spam Aqua Jet.

When I train my Cinccino she always struggles against the Gothorita on Route 9, it's Psyshock/Heal Block/Flatter that's the problem, especially Psyshock cos Cinccino has low defenses.

And of course, Boldore always annoy me in caves in Unova.

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Boldore with sturdy. You know you can OHKO all days of the week but suddenly you see the text "the wild BOLDORE used...".

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
    The Poke's that always drive me crazy are Tentacool's, Zubat's, and Geodude's....they really frustrate me! Thank God for max repels....or I would have become insane by now! Another Poke is Goldeen using Supersonic..it has like 55% accuracy but it hits me EVERY time....

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Let's see Pokemon names that I cannot pronounce for the life of me such as Alomomola. Pokemon that appear frequently in the water such as Frillish, Tentacool and Basculin and Pokemon that love to appear in caves that I cannot KO in one and I cannot spell to save my life such as Roggenola.

:t354:TG

Duosion

Duo
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2011
    Tentacool in D/P/Pt/HG/SS. Sturdy and pokemon who parlyz/poison/confuse. -__- XD

Disko_Rock

Pokémon Therapist
    Years
    Ahem..(I have a list, BW version of course)

Amoongus(s?) for using Toxic, Garbador for being bulky, Durant for being speedy and not letting me run and then OH or 2HKO'ing me and Boldore cuz of Sturdy.

When/If I remember more I'll add them in later

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
    Years
    I dont mind Zubat/Golbat because I love their evolutionary family.

Pretty much anything with Sturdy is annoying. Durant also bothers me occasionally in Victory Road, due to its high speed.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
    Oh hell I forgot about Durant. Ugh. It's impossible how fast they are, not even my Emolga could escape from them >.<

Back